“Boring, blah and nothing special” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Milan, Michigan
“Boring, blah and nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Let me start out with I am a server and I have to say our server was right on and kept us happy. But everything else was okay to blah. Food was good for a family diner type restaurant. Nothing popped, we had a groupon for $40 and for two adults, two kids, one beer and two kids pops $80 no apps or desert. For the quality of the food and the atmosphere is was a $40 meal. I ordered my favorite dish chicken picatta left half, chicken was tough, over lemony and no flavor really. I have never had chicken picatta with no capers, it had no nothing.... My daughters alfredo for $14.99 was small, seriously small, she had it done in two minutes.
All together it was an okay meal, nothing went back but neither will we. This is the kind of place my father in law would like. We waited just under an hour for our meals to come and by that time it was just, to long and the kids wanted to go home by then. This is the first restaurant that I have gone to with a groupon that I was not pleased. We love to go different places with our kids and show then different foods even they didn't want to go back.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Plymouth, Michigan
“Just okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Had lunch here recently...omelet was overcooked and dry. My friend's soup and salad were decent. Service was odd. Our waitress kept talking about her 4 year old and her 16 year old. She interrupted our lunch several times with inane chatter. She was friendly but it was TOO friendly and awkward. Better training of servers is needed.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Good service but disapointed.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I ate there on February 18th and am convinced I got food poisoning. When I called to tell management I was told it was more likely the flu. Except the flu doesn't last just 10-12 hours starting 5 hours after a meal. Just felt like I was blown off.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Exceptional, attentive service and a wonderful brunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

I went to Station 885 for a baby shower, and now wish I lived close enough to dine there regularly. The Sunday brunch was wonderful, with many homemade items and sauces. The servers were stellar, and should train others on what it takes to do this difficult job (my children and I all have been servers). They did not make us feel like a bunch of cooing women at a shower who wanted this or that. I am gluten free, and they went out of their way (as did the chef carving the prime rib) to help with what items I should not eat. I was already impressed, but when they were serving the cake, they asked if I would like sorbet instead--and brought it to me on a plate filled with berries. While waiting for the manager so I could praise them to the boss, a woman asked if she could dump the water out of her centerpiece to take it home. Their response was, "sure, and would you like a plastic bag to cover that up with to protect it?" Who does that stuff these days!? Servers who love their job and want to please their customers!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Livonia, Mi
“A great "date night" for we parents!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Now that our kids are older, we make it a point to get out each week for dinner for two. This has become one of our local favorites! The food is always good, the drinks are always good and the service is always good. With a nice variety on the menu, you won't get bored with the choices.

Visited November 2013