“ABSOLUTELY, Hands-down, the best...” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Plymouth MI
“ABSOLUTELY, Hands-down, the best...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

...experience: food, atmosphere, service! Authentic Italian, good value and some of the best live entertainment in the area.

• Visited April 2014

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Delicious Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Nico and Vali packs a great menu and delicious food in a small space. The menu has enough Italian favorites and a nice selection of sandwiches to satisfy any appetite and the homemade marinara sauce is delicious. The meal begins with bread with a tasty dipping sauce. The house Italian dressing also sets the restaurant apart. The service is friendly and efficient. Located a couple blocks off Kellogg Park in downtown Plymouth it is worth the walk. This local restaurant really delivers outstanding food at very competitive prices.

• Visited March 2014
“Very sad.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I have rated this restaurant before with glowing reviews. Unfortunately I won't be able to today.
I began by ordering a soup that was listed on their specials, shrimp gumbo. First there was an absence of shrimp. Secondly it was more of a barley in a tomato soup not a gumbo. There was no gumbo spice whatsoever. First disappointment.
Dinner was no better but quite worse. Chicken saltimbocca was what I ordered. Salt, yes lots of it and the chicken was laying in a pool of grease. The roasted vegetables that came with the chicken were roasted to the point of dehydration. I couldn't cut the broccoli with the serrated knife I was given. The polenta that the chicken was lying on was underwhelming.
I mentioned my disappointment to the waitress who informed the manager. He was very nice and seemed truly concerned about my disappointment. He offered a free dessert I declined. He offered another choice of entree I also declined. He then said he must make this right and took the soup and entree off my bill. I was happy I wasn't going to pay for that dreadful meal but I was sad because I truly like the restaurant. He invited me to come back and to make sure to ask for him but I think I'll pass. There are many more restaurants in the area.

Plymouth, Michigan
“Everything good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I love this place. It's close to home and everything I've had is very good. The pizza is outstanding and the deserts are yummy!

• Visited January 2014
Plymouth, Michigan
“Excellent homemade Italian food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

The food is excellent. The atmosphere is casual. The wait staff is friendly and very helpful. We ear here often for dinner. Reasonable prices and homemade pasta !

• Visited February 2014