“Above and Beyond....Going the extra mile” 5 of 5 stars

Super 8 Hotel Petoskey
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2645 Charlevoix Ave, Petoskey, MI 49770   |
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Petoskey
Grand Rapids
“Above and Beyond....Going the extra mile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice, once on business and the other time was for pleasure. My stays were about 4 months apart and the service, cleanliness, helpfulness and condition of the hotel were all excellent and a great value compared to other hotels I have stayed at. Some Super 8's I have stayed at are below par...this one is a pleasant exception. The breakfast is more than just a few rolls and coffee. There are hot items on the menu and I personally observed the staff taking temperature readings on the refrigerated items to insure their freshness. The fruit and baked goods were fresh and not "day old" bargain leftovers. When I needed some info the desk clerk did an internet search and printed the results for me! While I did not partake of the pool, I understand it was A+. I would highly recomend this establishment.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed here a few times and each time was perfect. Great view of the bay, clean rooms, 24 hour pool, and the staff is wonderful! Especially Melissa at the front desk. She was so kind and helpful to me when I was having a bad night. She comforted me and gave me advice about a bad relationship I was in. Something no other complete stranger has ever done, let alone a front desk clerk. The next day she made sure to ask if I was ok when she saw me. I highly reccommend staying here. The price is great and the staff goes above and beyond! Thanks Melissa!

• Stayed January 2012
Grosse Pointe, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

I usually have stayed at the Inn at Bay Harbor, but I loved this place! It is so clean and they were even more hospitable here at the Super 8. Stayed here during a ski trip to Boyne. After a snowstorm, they even helped us get our car stuck out of the snow. Great indoor pool and hot tub. Delicious breakfast. Clean, Clean, Clean. Comfortable, spacious rooms. This place was such a pleasant surprise. They know how to treat guests right here.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Vestaburg, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

This place is one of the best places I have stayed in. I travel from Laramie Wy to Mi and this is the best hotel that I have found. The pool was heated to 87 degres and the hot tub was warm too. The rooms were very clean and nice size.The employees were very friendly and answered all the questions about the area. We had 8 kids with us and this place is kid friendly. The breakfast was good also from cold foods to hot foods. Close to the water park too. I would recommed this place to anyone.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Cheboygan, Michigan, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

Due to surprise and heavy snowstorm 2/29/12, we ended up in a deep ditch. After being pulled out, went on our way, but something was definitely wrong with the car. Stopping at a box store around 8:00 p.m. to have things checked, discovered we needed extensive front end work and the car had to be towed to mechanic. Snowstorm started back up and we needed a motel. Super 8 was absolutely wonderful! Their staff was so helpful. Even the manager, Dan Grangood offered to drive us back to Cheboygan to pick up our other car! Clean, spacious room (& bathroom), very comfortable beds & pillows, and the breakfast was delicious with so many items offered, hot & cold! I would highly recommend the Petoskey Super 8 to anyone visiting the Petoskey area.

Room Tip: If you want to be close to the pool, request 1st floor rooms on the left wing.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Ann Arbor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

We just got back from a 3 night trip to the Petoskey Super 8 and could not have been happier with our stay. The rooms were clean and nicely appointed, the staff friendly and helpful and the FREE breakfast had everything you needed to start your day out right. We spent our days skiing in Harbor Springs and our nights swimming and sleeping at this great hotel. We were a party of 5 (two adults and child in one room and two adults in a second room) and we all loved our stay. We will definitely be back. The price and amenities were just right.

Room Tip: Our room was 127 and it was at the end of the hall, near the pool and facing the bay. The other coup...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Clarkston, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

My family has been going to this Super 8 for years for our annual ski trip. I've stayed at other places prior and I've found the Super 8 to be the best value. Rooms are clean, service is friendly, price is great. Kids love the pool, hot tub is nice and big. Unlike other places where the hot tubs can be small. The continental breakfast is nice too. Located close to downtown and in between Boyne Mountain, Boyne Highlands. Look forward to staying there again next December. I give the Super 8 10 out of 10.
Clarkston MI
Mike

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 Hotel Petoskey? Share your experiences!