“nice new room, nice pool, great customer service” 5 of 5 stars

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Petoskey
909 Spring Street, US 131 South, Petoskey, MI 49770   |
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Petoskey
Allendale, Michigan
“nice new room, nice pool, great customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

The room looks new and very clean, staff was very pleasant and helpful. The breakfast area looks great and breakfast was EXCELLENT. The pool was also very good. The bed was very comfortable (firm), the in-room jacuzzi was wonderful, the room was quiet, the heater/AC unit was quite, the refrigerator was large and microwave was also clean. The price was very good in comparison to service and amenities received. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

My partner and I took a ski trip to Nub's Nob on a Saturday in March 2014 and decided to spend the Friday night before in Petoskey. Four weeks prior, we had taken a similar ski trip in the Petoskey area and stayed at the America's Best Value just down the road and across the street from the AmericInn. The America's Best Value was okay. We'd gotten a good night's sleep there, but the breakfast was not good at all. Since we generally like to try different places out, I suggested that we stay at the AmericInn this time.

We arrived here around 11 p.m. on the Friday night. The check-in process was quick and easy. Our room was nicely renovated. At first glance, I was impressed. The bathroom looked decent, and the room in general seemed okay. However, when we went to bed, we noticed some cleanliness issues. There was some kind of stain on the sheets (not sure whether it was a urine stain or something else), and there was a long hair on one of the pillowcases. The housekeepers should not be placing stained sheets on the bed. And as for the hair, I don't know how often they wash the pillowcases, but I wasn't pleased with that either.

The sleep quality was so-so. I don't know if I didn't sleep well because I had a lot on my mind or if it's because the mattress just wasn't a great mattress.

Breakfast was actually pretty good. Cheese omelettes, bacon, make-your-own Belgian waffles, cereal, bagels, yogurt, fruit cups, etc. The breakfast at the AmericInn was definitely of better quality than it was at the America's Best Value. However, I slept better at the America's Best Value.)

This hotel also has a pool/hot tub and a "business center" (if you will) that allows guests to use the Internet if they don't have a laptop or smartphone with them. The pool/hot tub area was closed due to maintenance while we were there. We wouldn't have had any time to use it anyway, but if we did have the time, we would have been out of luck.

All in all, the AmericInn was okay. Even though there were a few cleanliness issues, it doesn't necessarily mean I wouldn't stay there again. Maybe I'd sleep better there next time. The price was okay, but the next time we go to Petoskey, we probably will pick a different hotel within the same price range.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Staying tonight 2/8/14 in a 2 queen and pullout couch room after having skied Nubs Nob and Boyne Highlands tommorow.

This bed is very comfortable and the LG 32" TV shows the Winter Olympics well.
The heater unit is much better than the one at the Comfort inn(Amana) in Traverse City last night. The room is spacious and bath has granite( real or fake) and average. Cannot report on breakfast until tommorow.

Biggest disappointment for the grandsons and myself is the large pool with 9 ' deep end was ICE cold and hot tub was Luke warm at best. Otherwise would have given this place a top rating.

Couple other comments, entrance drive steep and was slippery and not salted well. As others have said this must have been another brand or private inn before AmericInn bought it. Odd shaped building, our room must have been updated but hallway carpet old and pool/ hot tub paint old.

I guess for a 55 year old paying a senior rate of $89 was a good value since the Econolodge up the road is about $79 for 2 queens with out a pullout couch.

There is no view of the bay from our room.
If the breakfast is good tomm I would consider staying here again.

• Stayed February 2014
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Another great experience from check-in, with no advance reservation. Front desk staff was really helpful with a picking out my dinner locations.. Twisted Olive Something like that... but very delightful spot to have lunch... even in the winter time . Back to the HOTEL..Spotless room , nice updates looks Great =).. I was here when you were renovating last time. . This time I took advantage of the breakfast bar, which was very good with plenty of options (awesome protein and nice to fruit like bananas that was great). Will stay anytime I am in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Burton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

this hotel is clean and the staff is extremely kind. I have been staying one day a week since september for school and I would not want to go anywhere else. From day one they have treated me like family. I was sick one day and they even extended my check out time and offered me to stay as long as I needed. The manager even offered to bring me soup. What place does that??? It is a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Rockford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We booked multiple rooms for my mothers memorial service. The staff was incredible they were very accomadating and friendly (especially with all the kids we had running around. The room was a little on the small side, but very clean. The linens were high end and very crisp, and they had the best hotel pillows I've ever slept on. The pool was big and deep. We will go back again just for that. The breakfast was good, not exceptional but very good especially for the price. The really impressive part was when I asked if I could have more apple juice, they said they were out, but made a special trip to the grocery store just to buy the juice, then Rose hand delivered it to me. Any short comings the hotel may have had (and there weren't many) were more then made up for by the staff.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

White Lake
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

The rooms were clean, staff was very pleasant and helpful, breakfast was excellent. I would highly recommend this hotel. The front desk clerks were very friendly. The breakfast area was well maintained.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Petoskey? Share your experiences!