“Childhood Memory” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Harbor Springs, Michigan
“Childhood Memory”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I rated this "Excellent" because it's one of the only places that hasn't changed in over 50 years (or there abouts). I've been going to Jesperson's since I was a young girl and it's still the same: food and decor. The burger and fries are just the same, as is the pie. The best food in town - nope, but 5 stars for having the courage to not bend to fads or current trends of healthier food choices.

We all need to have a burger once in-a-while, so if that's what you are yearning for, sit on a stool and order one up with a coke. Save room for cherry pie!

Visited July 2013

“Yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

We go here every year when we come on vacation. The sandwiches, especially the swiss dill and reuben, are our faves. The soups are wonderful. My parents still say they have the best coconut cream pie. The service is a little slow but to be expected when everything is so fresh. It is always a busy restaurant because of its convenient location downtown and yummy food. We love it!!!!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Grand Rapids
“Um Um Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The deserts here are only in competition with the food when it comes to assessing quality. This is one of the few restaurants I've visited where I order and eat my desert first. Then I determine if there is any room left for their nourishing morsels. Sure there is, as I devour my favorite Swiss Steak or open face turkey sandwich. The staff is pro and the welcome mat is out. Enjoy!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
michigan
“just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

fish taco was just ok, turkey Ruben was good. creamed pie was served to hot to eat just out of the oven, I wish they would of told me I would of ordered a different piece of pie .service was awful

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Michigan
“Best deal in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Jesperson's was one of the most reasonable places to eat in Petoskey. And, the food was very good. Service was exceptional. Needs better decor, it's pretty basic, but with their prices and the good service and good food, they should be around a long, long time. Their cherry berry pie was delicious! You need to give it a try!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere