“Awesome cookies and service!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Description: bakery and cafe
Description: bakery and cafe
Humboldt, Iowa
“Awesome cookies and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

Well, I was excited just by the name... but the cookies delivered as promised! We stopped in for a snack and tried the blue ribbon chocolate chip and white chocolate cherry cookies - amazing! We weren't brave enough to try the bacon chocolate chip cookies, but I will next time. They also have muffins and scones.
Jolly's has a sandwich and salad menu, quiche of the day, soup and a variety of coffees, smoothies, frappes, Italian sodas and - of course - milk for the cookies! Even though they were busy (probably an 8 minute wait in line?) on Labor Day weekend, the gentleman who waited on us took the time to answer questions, make suggestions and talk to my 7-year-old daughter. I knew he was rushed, but I appreciated that he didn't just treat us like "a number" to get us done and out of the way. He put my daughters milk in a covered cup with a straw (must know that children spill!).
There are small tables around the restaurant with a bright, airy decor. The restrooms were clean and pleasant.

• Visited September 2011