“Authentic Mexican” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Petoskey, Michigan
“Authentic Mexican”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

This restaurant is hidden in a strip center near the Lowes. It has very unique decor purchased in Mexico. The service is exceptional and the food is excellent. You can get a pitcher of Margaritas for $11.00. We had the Chile Releno,Plato Loco, steak and shrimp,and the Hot and Spicy Burrito. Each dish was more than we could eat and the presentation was done well. The restaurant was crowded and yet the service was fast and efficient. They have excellent homemade Pico de gallo. i have lived in Mexico and yes the food was not vendor cart original but it was far better than most US Mexican fare and the menu held a great variety of choices not usually found in American mexican Restaurants.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Ypsilanti, Michigan
“Service awful, margaritas te”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

Literally am writing this as we are about to leave over the terrible service. Salsa is bland and the chips burnt. We tried to order margaritas bu received the wrong flavor and/or size. We were here an hour before they actually came to take out food order. We were ready to leave at this point. Maybe it's a fluke but this was awful.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Blah food and very bad service.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

Went there for dinner with friends. The food isnt that great. I've been to much better authentic mexican restaurants. The other people who have given this restaurant a good rating for food, have no idea what good cooking is. This place isnt it. I had coffee to drink. Our waitress spoke limited English. I asked for a refill and got nothing. She acted like she didnt understand. So I asked her a second time, in spanish and still got nothing. I finally said "forget it". We wanted to pay our bill and couldnt get that either. Finally, the whole group of us stood up at our table and then she came running with the checks. They were NOT busy that night so there was no reason for the sloppy service. I noticed people at other tables having problems with their waiter or waitress. I did not leave her a tip. Trying to talk to their management was a joke. The whole time I was nice to them, didnt raise my voice but they were so rude to all of us. I have a business trip coming up this summer and 25-30 people are coming with me. Guess where we will not be eating? Don't waste your time or money at this restaurant. I'd rather go to La Senorita, it isnt real mexican food, but it's good and the service is excellent. This place stinks!

• Visited April 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

I loved this place. The food was amazing. A lot of it for the price. You will not leave hungry. Also the service was very friendly. Must stop.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Petoskey, Michigan
“Best Mexican Joint in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

We are locals and this is our favorite restaurant place in town. Very good food. Highly recommend.

Visited December 2011