“Must try the capprese” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Must try the capprese”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We had the bacon wrapped scallops (how could that be bad!?) and we also had the capresse salad. It was out of this world! The best I have ever had. Now I can't have a capresse anywhere else! The pastas are also amazing. Must try.

85% Recommend
Livonia
“Lovely place for dinner in Petoskey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Service and food was great! With a beautiful view of the bay and pier. Would recommend for anyone visiting for a relaxing dinner.

• Visited November 2012
Northern Michigan
“My favorite place to eat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This restaurant is fantastic! I love sharing a few small plates with friends and trying one of the seasonal cocktails. The dinner options are amazing and the menu changes seasonally. Great draft beers also!

Lansing, Michigan
“One of the Best Restaurants in Petoskey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

It's official, Palette Bistro is my favorite restaurant in Petoskey. I have been to most restaurants in town and keep coming back to this one because it seems to have the right balance of up scale informality for the up-north Michigan environs. Full of energy, and at times noise, there have always been lots of people sharing good times--the spirit of happiness is infectious here and we find it a very comfortable place for us. But, the best thing about this restaurant are the small plates and we are not talking about ridiculously small-sized tapas. These Small Plates are small portions of completely gourmet dishes. They are priced between $5-$10 each and if you get two or three of these, you will be done. Or you can get the Small Plates as an appetizer and follow that with your entrée. My wife and I get a series of Small Plates and share. So many different flavors and choices. The butternut bisque is something everyone should order. The wine selections by the glass (for example, Barbera) are better than most restaurants offer by the glass. The tap beer comes from local breweries such as Bells, Founders, Shorts and Lighthouse (good and very local). There are good vegetarian choices on the menu, too. Our hostess and waitstaff were friendly and usually we are seated next to a window--including last night. It has one of the best views of Lake Michigan in town. Paintings and artwork are always eclectic, diverse and enjoyable. We have dinned here about 10 times, in all seasons, with and without crowds, by ourselves (couple) and in groups (visiting friends) and it has never let us down. Whether it was a crowded tourist time (summer) or when the tourist season was over, they have made us feel special and as if they were happy to see us (they don't know us). I can't believe I have not taken the time to write about Palette Bistro before, but after last night, I promised myself I would. There are some great restaurants in Petoskey, but I suggest you find Palette Bistro in downtown Petoskey and enjoy.

• Visited December 2012
Franklin, Massachusetts
“Best Dinner in Petoskey!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Five of us recently had dinner at Palette Bistro and everyone was thoroughly enjoyed it! Excellent views, excellent service, excellent food and wine.

Visited November 2012