“Good Flavor, Fresh, Excellent Service, Will Return” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 80 restaurants in Petoskey
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
“Good Flavor, Fresh, Excellent Service, Will Return”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

My wife and I enjoy Asian food, especially Thai.

While walking down the sidewalk in downtown Petoskey, I heard two couples talking about going back to the Thai restaurant they have enjoyed so much. They were from Lansing and have visited Thai Orchid on a few occasions. They shared how much they enjoyed the restaurant, so my wife and I followed them to the restaurant.

I started with the spring rolls. They were very good. Noodles, cabbage, carrots in a fried roll with a sweet sauce. Not bad.

My wife had the Tum Yum Talay soup and enjoyed it very much. I had a taste that included a large scallop. It tasted like Yum Yum soup. I love lemon grass along with the other flavors and fresh seafood. It was nice.

My wife had the Pad Talay for dinner over rice and thought it was delicious. Shrimp, scallops, mushrooms, bamboo shoots and bell peppers in a fish based curry sauce. Very nice.

I had the Panang Red Curry chicken. It was delicious. Large chunks of chicken, lots of red and green peppers with the Panang Curry sauce over rice.

The service was excellent. It was a good experience and I would return again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

86% Recommend
Gaylord, Michigan
“sad to say this trip was an exception”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

almost always this is a great place to eat. The last vist the 2 entres,Pad thai, and noodles were overly salty with thick gravy, not nearly what we have come to expect, which is light, filled with flavor, and so fresh with lots of vegetables

We will try again and hope things return to normal.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“Tasty, quick”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

The service is attentive and there is a wide variety of dishes to choose from, vegetarian friendly.
We have been many times and rarely had a wait for a table. Deep fried spring rolls are a freat appetizer and the coconut ice cream is a nice ending to the dinner, dairy free. Quite reasonable prices. About 35 $ for two.
No alcohol served though.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Indian River, Michigan
“Reliably good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My wife and I eat at Thai Orchid regularly, and the experience has always been good. The prices are reasonable, especially for lunch. The restaurant offers a nice variety of Thai and Chinese dishes, with vegetarian options on most. We have half a dozen favorite places in the Petoskey area, and this is one of them. We've never been disappointed.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Always great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Eat here every time that I''m in the area. The place is clean and new. The service is always pleasant and fast. We just love the food and highly recommend it.