“One of the absolute best meals I have ever had!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Chandler's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 84 Restaurants in Petoskey
Cuisines: American
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Located in the heart of downtown Petoskey, Chandler's - A Restaurant is a cozy and inviting place nestled behind Symons General Store. Chef Tommy creatively crafts seasonal menus and daily specials which offer a delightful selection of local fare, fresh fish, sushi and entrees prepared to perfection. We also proudly feature an extensive wine list and fun and unique cocktails such as the "Howard Street Punch" and "Awesome Coffee", that is sure to please any palate. For a change of scenery, guests can enjoy dining in our Wine Cellar where they are surrounded by the 4,000 bottle collection that serves both Chandler's and Symons General Store. Our Wine Cellar seats up to 54 guests and is available for private parties and special events. Enjoy live music every Friday and Saturday evening and in the summertime, dine on our outdoor patio and enjoy evening, live music every night of the week.
Sebring, Florida
“One of the absolute best meals I have ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I have heard about this place for a long time. Always great stories from food to friends and live music! I ate my lamb chops with my eyes closed they were so good I didn't want to have any other senses mess it up. The atmosphere was awesome! Our server was very attentive!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Dayton, OH
“Top notch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We went to Chandler's on a quiet Sunday night in May and thought it was terrific. The atmosphere is low-key - knotty pine walls , small bar with TV on. I can see how it would be loud when full in the summer or on a busy night. We had an amazing morel plate to start. The entrees were excellent, this is gourmet food you dont find everywhere. My wife and I both had fish entrees. The wine list is great and there are reasonable wines by the glass or bottle. Service was very attentive and friendly. The prices are high for Petoskey but on par with fine restaurants we have eaten at in other resort areas or large cities. We will be back!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Everything is home made”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We only get to Petoskey a few times a year. We have never had dinner here, but always try to get here for lunch. They make all their food right there-salad dressing, soup, etc. When we ate here May 4th we were inside and there were many people eating outside also. I looked out and told my husband I felt like I was back in Paris. They do some different things with food which we appreciate.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Detroit
“Great Food & Casual Vibe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I stopped through Petoskey on Business recently and was shown Chandlers by a colleague of mine. The quaint downtown Petoskey location in an alley of sorts is small but welcoming. It is relatively small and has probably 15 tables or so and a bar area that can seat about a dozen people. We sat at he bar and got a chance to talk with the cooks and manager. Everyone was very professional, informative and helpful. Any questions were given sincere and interested answers. The menu is small but this is a Quality over Quantity experience on every level. I had the Filet and my friend had the Swordfish, we both cleaned our plates.

This is the perfect place if you're looking for an upscale dining experience without the pretentious atmosphere of what you are used to. This is a come as you are, relax and enjoy type of place. I will definitely be back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Santiago, Chile
“expensive for not much atmosphere”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

NOt a very pleasant place to be seated, feels cramped and basement like. Sooo expensive. Huge wine selection. Dinner for 3 was about 200 with wine.

Visited March 2013