“Fantastic experience!” 5 of 5 stars

2011 Woodland Ave., Petoskey, MI 49770   |
Ranked #1 of 9 Petoskey B&B and Inns
“Fantastic experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011 via mobile

My husband and I stayed two nights for our 25th wedding anniversary and could t have been more pleased! We have done a lot of traveling and due to a job change had limited time, so had to go someplace within driving distance; upon arrival we were greeted with such a friendly staff, our room was SPOTLESS. TheH breakfast voucher of $25 more than covered an absolutely delicious meal. The inn itself is on a beautiful
location an the front porch boasts incredible views of Lake Michigan. We sat outside every night with wine while enjoying the scenery. Really enjoyed no tv in our room but we did use our laptop. Comfy bed, jus a great place for a romantic getaway-oh, free bike rental and there is a gorgeous bike path which goes for miles!

• Stayed August 2011

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

My husband and I travel a fair amount and especially enjoy Bed & Breakfasts. We have found some gems! Stafford's Bay View Inn tops my list of favorites. This inn has become my go to place when I need a breather from the daily routines. The staff is friendly and efficient, there when you need them but not hovering. The inn has a beautiful restuarant on the first floor that offers a varied breakfast menu, full hot breakfast, like you would get up and go out for on a Saturday morning! They serve dinner seasonally too. We have been visiting the inn for almost 10 years and have only well prepared, great tasting food...yes, every meal. My husband is a chef so it takes some doing to impress him. We love the swings down by the water too!

Batavia, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

My husband's company brought us to the Bay View Inn. This was our first visit to Petoskey and Harbor Springs, MI. Now I know why so many people from the Chicago area have homes up North or just vacation in this area. If you are looking for a peaceful get-away, great shopping/dining, and plenty of outdoor recreation choices, this Inn could be for you. We stayed on the 2nd floor very near the coffee area which was very handy. Homemade cookies are left in your room daily - very nice touch. Seemed like it would be weird with no t.v. in the room, but actually kind of a relief when getting back to our room in the evening after a day of biking, boat rides, golf, shopping, meetings for my husband in the mornings, etc. The Bay View Inn's restaurant has delicious and fresh food. Stafford's Bay View Inn allows you to feel like you are stepping back to the days that weren't so hectic, before we got overloaded with technology and schedules with no time to relax. We are looking forward to a return trip.

Room Tip: I think we stayed in room #19 which was super comfortable and decorated in colors that appeal to bot...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Tecumseh, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

What a beautiful place, so quiet and serene. The staff was amazingly attentive. They couldn't do enough for you. Our room was beautiful, and incredibly clean. The view was outstanding. The porch was so nice to sit out on and enjoy the water view.

Charlestown, Indiana, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

Wife and I went to a wedding in Petoskey. I was reluctant to go to northern Michigan anyway and much less stay a "an Inn". I mean, come on, this is the 21st century!!!. I work in the computer field so I'm used to being bombarded with information overload. After scratching and clawing me to get there and getting into our room with no TV or phone. I was actually able to relax.

The place is awesome, the inn keepers are just perfect and tend to your needs. They actually make you feel like family. The reception was held in one of the dining rooms and I have to say, they did a fantastic job of coordinating everything and the food was top notch.

There are "old timey" games in the library/tv room. One of the bartenders showed me how to play one.

This is service you just dont see anymore and I can honestly say, I didnt want to leave.

I never missed my computer or TV. I could catch ujp on my news in the library while waiting for my wife to come down to go into the dining room where they serve some of the best breakfasts I think I've EVER had.

Room Tip: Ask for a Bay View room.
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

Four couples from different parts of the country met at Stafford's Bay View Inn. It was wonderful. The rooms were large and comfortable. Internet was free. The porch and the other common areas were great. There was free coffee. Breakfast in the restaurant was included in the price. The location was great. This hotel had the friendliest and most helpful staff of any place we've stayed, and we travel a great deal. I highly recommend this hotel. There were no negatives for us, but if someone is looking for a traditional type hotel with televisions in the rooms, this is not the place for them.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Hudsonville, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

We have been here a few times (my husband and I) over our 8 years of marriage. We absolutely love it! We always stay in room# 7. The malted waffles are to die for for breakfast! Everything is always very clean & well-kept.

Cozy, warm, inviting, relaxing, comfortable, friendly, accomodating...just the perfect getaway place to stay on your trip to Petoskey! Couldn't love it more!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Stafford's Bay View Inn? Share your experiences!