“Average Burger” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Muskegon, Michigan
“Average Burger”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stopped here for late lunch on a bike trip north, had heard so much about the famous burger. But now, not sure why everyone is talking about an average burger, albeit super sized, nothin' special. downstairs was packed so we had to go up two flights of stairs and eat topside, may be an issue for some, not for us. Next time through, I will try somewhere else, but would have no problem eating here again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Grand Junction
“Good burgers, but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Brown Bear burgers were great, but you can get a good burger anywhere. The restaurant is really a bar, with typical bar décor and ambience. Cute for what it was, but crowded and not relaxing. Our waiter was good, friendly and helpful. I never caught his name, but he was young and wearing a bright orange shirt. He seemed to be running the whole upstairs dining room. The rest of the staff left something to be desired. Three women downstairs didn't acknowledge us at all while we stood there, wondering if we should seat ourselves or not. When they were forced to communicate by a direct question, they were rude and abrupt. I would not return to this restaurant. The bads outweighed the goods for me.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Michigan
“Wow! Best Burgers and Chips!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We were looking for a good place to eat after driving out to Bortell's Fisheries and finding they were closed (sold out), and we really lucked out! Brown Bear will be a regular stop for us now every time we are out this way. Each one of us ordered a different burger and we each said it was by far the best one we ever had. Their chips are homemade and also amazing. I can't say enough good things about the food and the service. We will definitely be back. Four happy tummies here. :-)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had great food and the service was also very good.we got there late and they treated us like we were their best customers. The burgers were large and cooked to order one of us got nachos a half order was Huge.the waitress kept our drinks full and was there when ever we needed her. We will go back

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Michigan
“Great Burgers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

I had read reviews of Brown Bear that raved about the hamburgers and I thought how good could they be? They were excellent!! Both my daughter and I ordered one and they were cooked perfectly. It was one of the best burgers I've ever had. I got the chips with mine and I had to fight off everyone at the table. They were (I believe) home made. They were so good! Nice and crispy! My mom got the broasted chicken and said that was very good, also. The prices were good, especially for a tourist area. We were very happy with our meal here.

• Visited August 2013