“Meh motel itself not bad” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Curley's Paradise Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Paradise
Curley's Paradise Motel
You added Curley's Paradise Motel to your Saves list
M-123 at Whitefish Point Rd, Paradise, MI 49768   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Paradise
Michigan
“Meh motel itself not bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

The motel itself wasn't too bad, a bit small in room size. It was also very pricey but I guess the summer is their season and they need to make a living. There are a few firepits though most belong to the areas next door and not to the motel. The view in the back is breath taking! Lake superior is back there and the sand there is super clean as well as the water. I went there on the night of july 5th and for a while the moon was really high up on the horizon and was super red and you can hear waves and see lake superior. one of the most beautiful scenes I've ever seen in my life. Besides that not a bad place. office is nice, but the family that owns it is decent. Long waits and one old lady snapped at me for wanting a towel at 3am (they didn't have one in the room and we went hiking all day and then to the bar so I wanted to shower before sleeping...) All in all I would go there again mainly for the scenery in the back

Room Tip: If possible pick a room in the back since thats where the Lake is
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

The hotel is located right on Whitefish Bay. We stayed for one night and the swim in Whitefish Bay was awesome. Nice hard sand and CLEAN water. This is a motel, NOT a Hampton INN. A place to sleep that is reasonable, walking to several local eating establishments and a friendly welcome. They provide coffee in the rooms and ice in the main lobby.

Room Tip: You can ask for a road side room or one that looks at Whitefish Bay.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

First, the owners were very pleasant and provided good information in terms of the area. The actual location of this motel is beautiful however, it is extremely unfortunate that the owners don't realize the gem they have and invest some money into upkeep and cleaning supplies. We had two rooms (#35 & 36) for one night and both were equally disgusting! The bathrooms were obviously not cleaned since there was still hair in the shower and on the floor and the room smelled horrible (You can see the attached photo of the chair that was in room). I've read some of the other reviews and I can only guess (and hope) that some rooms had been updated because clearly ours was not. Unfortunately we arrived late and needed a place to stay and had no other choice. (I actually slept in my clothes!)

Please look elsewhere for a room or look at the room before you decide to stay here.

• Stayed July 2012
Traverse City, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

If you're looking for a motel with all the amenities of the larger chains then this isn't for you, but if your looking for a mom and pop place with a great location on Lake Superior then come to Curleys. We had a room with a great view of the lake, and seconds to walk into the water. We sat for hours on the fenced in grassy area over-looking the lake and enjoyed watching and feeding the sea-guls. There are lawn chairs and loungers located throughout the property, also picnic tables, grills, and fire pits for your enjoyment. If you like peace and quiet, and enjoy nature this is the perfect place. The locaton is close to Taquamenon Falls parks and whitefish point. We even enjoyed horseback riding at a stable just down the road.
The owners, Bill and Lynda, were very nice and friendly. The small town of Paradise has definitly seen better days...another small town lost to a poor economy.
Will definitly stay there again. Already planning the trip for next summer and adding a couple more days at Curleys to enjoy some quiet family time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

This place is a nightmareo;oldy, moldy, bad suervice-don't waste your money. By the way, don't stop in Paradise. It's not paradise at al! Just an ugly place on the north shore of lake Superior.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

No idea what everyone's complaining about. Room smelled a little musty--not moldy! Furniture and decor were a little dated but bathroom was newly redone. We got a clean, spacious two-room unit with a big window facing the bay for $85.

• Stayed June 2012
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I made the horrible mistake of making a 7 day reservation at this place. We reserved one of the cottages. When we got there I literally almost cried. We decided to stay the first night and it was the worst night of my life. The air conditioner didn't work, the beds were horrible, there was mold in the bathroom and the refrigerator, I was afraid the floor was going to fall through, and the 700' of beach was absolutely disgusting including used condoms. I went to the office the evening we got there and told them I wanted the rest of my money back that we weren't staying the 7 days. They almost didn't give me my refund but the next day they finally did and even though I paid in cash just 12 hours before, they said they didn't have the cash and wrote me a check that I was lucky enough to be able to cash at one of the local stores. They were extremely rude to me. I would NEVER recommend this place to ANYONE EVER.

Room Tip: Don't choose ANY rooms at this dive.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Curley's Paradise Motel? Share your experiences!