“Cozy-Friendily-Fun Cottage” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Saunders Sunrise Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Paradise
Saunders Sunrise Cabins
You added Saunders Sunrise Cabins to your Saves list
10126 North Whitefish Point Road, Paradise, MI 49768   |
Clinton Township, Michigan
“Cozy-Friendily-Fun Cottage”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

If you want an honest description of Saunders cabins then read on. My wife and I found these little comfy UP NORTH STYLE cabins to be simply delightful. All we needed to use was there just bring your own food. Chris and Robin have been doing updates as mush as they can but I would not change the atmosphere of what they really are, Northern Cabins on a beautiful bay. Our hosts were more than I could expect., kind, giving and helpful. If your into the Hyatt style of living then I suggest you better go to Hawaii. If you have any sense of adventure then this is your place to stay so cry babies stay home. No dishwasher's (bummer) have to wash your own. But we did have WiFi Dish TV 2 bedrooms with great 50's style drape doors, 2 master size picture windows overlooking the bay, a clean fridge, comfy sofa, fresh towels and no bugs or spiders. Thanks Robin & Chris. Oh and our dog Cooper loved his entire stay and loved your dog Raven.

Room Tip: The biggest pool you will ever find, Whitefish Bay and a large sandy beach at your front door 50 fee...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Harbor Springs, Michigan, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I was expecting a rustic cabin....I wasn't expecting the cigarette burn holes in the couch cushions and the lingering smell of cigarette smoke. We arrived late, so I immediately checked in and payed. I should have checked the place out first...although we wouldn't of had many other options in Paradise, plus we had our 6 month old with us and he was already fast asleep. The floors were pretty nasty, filled with dirt. The bathrooms were clean...but I had to plunge the toilet within 10 hours of being there. The kitchen was less than impressive, dishes were really old and not very clean. That made sense when the kitchen sink wouldn't drain properly, the dish soap was watered down, and the sponge smelled bad. Yuck! The view was the saving grace and we had a great day in the area...but I really did not want to go back there for night #2. We did because we had already paid for it...but I seriously contemplated just driving home instead. We didn't have much interaction with the hosts, they seemed very nice. I think some new furniture, an actual kitchen sink and stove, new linens, and some new tiling on the floors could do this place wonders. I couldn't help but think about how I payed less per night for a condo in Maui with granite countertops and new furniture!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Whittier, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

My husband, mother and I stayed at Saunders Sunrise Cabins in June 2012. We drove past on the way to the Museum on Whitefish Bay. At first we thought, "Oh my" because they looked small; but once inside we thought, “What Fun!” The cabins look out onto the lake so the view is spectacular. The cabins are clean and well stocked. They were very homey and we could tell much care was put into making them comfortable. The Wi-Fi kept me in touch with a problem at work and the fire pit kept us warm by the lake as we watched the sun set. I strongly recommend these cabins. Hosts, Chris and Robin were great.

Room Tip: Great for families. Quaint
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
fayette, ms
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

Six darling little housekeeping cabins on Whitefish Bay near the point in eastern UP. If you want a vacation where you can live with the lake, swim on a luscious all sand beach with the warmer water of the bay, watch freighters in the distance, enjoy campfires with neighbors and the owners, this is it. Close by Shipwreck Museum, an agate beach there, Tahquamenon Falls and one hour from Sault Ste. Marie locks. Kayaks and rowboats provided. We enjoy the summers there, but they assure us winter is fun with snowmobiles. We stayed five nights and hated to leave. The hosts, Robin and Chris make you feel welcome and special.

Room Tip: Describe your family and they will choose the best cabin for you
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Westland, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2011

Although I missed last November we have been setting up our amateur radio station at cabin #1 for the previous four years. We commorate the sinking of the Edmond Fitzgerald the first weekend of November. We represent the Stu Rockerfellow Amateur Radio Society from Plymouth, MI. Addition members set up their stations at the Whitefish Poiint Lighthouse. We are contacted by other amateurs around the world, usualy around 300-400 contacts. Chris and Robin are great hosts. Chris will lend a helping hand when needed. The new heating system is great. We hang antennas from the trees and any other tall structure(lightpost). We are always welcome and enjoy receiving holiday cards from them knowing they remember and enjoy us.
Signed,
The Radio Guys.
Dave and Chuck

• Stayed November 2010
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

The cabin was very cute and cozy. I enjoyed the couch and the beds were nice and firm. The furnace was a bit loud, but it kept us warm. Since it is a cabin, I suggest one brings slippers for the winter time because the floors are cold (I thought of this before hand). Cabin #4 did not have an oven, so we were not able to cook the pizzas we brought, but in the guest book for the cabin, someone mentioned that the owners cooked a pizza for them. I'd say that's service!
I see many people complaining about the dated furnishings and the lack of things to do for city people (I call them Cit-iots), but I loved it and I had plenty of things to do. It's a cabin and it's supposed to be rustic. And go outside... there are plenty of things to do there!!!!
I had a GREAT time and I plan on going back this summer!!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Kalamazoo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2010

We originally booked 2 days. We left after the first day... first thing in the morning. Our kids were even freaked out. The lake was beautiful and kayaking/ canoeing was tons of fun. However we dreaded going back into the cabin. It was sort of clean, but none of us wanted to sit down. Everything was so old and used. The side of the cabin that faces the lake had non- operating windows. Imagine 90 degrees, no breeze, and flies galore. yuck! This place could be soooo beautiful. With a little upgrading, some nice front windows and ceiling fans, new flooring, and a couch cover, this place would be fine.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Saunders Sunrise Cabins? Share your experiences!