“Pricey” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Detroit, Michigan
“Pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Nice decor but this place is very pricey for the type and amount of food you get. I ordered a fish dinner and only got a small piece of fish and a few wilted pieces of spinach with my dish for 24 dollars. I didn't find anything jumping out at me to make me want to eat here regularly. My friends ordered filet and had to return it because the cooks did not pay attention to the way they wanted it butterflied.

Oxford, Michigan
“Great atmosphere - but pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Nice, quiet, very well decorated. But food is just average and prices are a tad high. On the other hand, if you are looking a date-night location or upscale business lunch location, this would be the place.

Visited January 2014
Metamora, Michigan
“Close to home stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

After attending an event in the late afternoon were looking for a place to grab a dinner. Stopped into the Montana Rib & Chop house in Oxford.

A little surprised with the restaurant. Food was good and service was quick and efficient. Price was reasonable.

Visited November 2013
Lake Orion, Michigan
“Will NEVER return, Owner is a liar!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

My husband & I first visited first in July and it was amazing. We had Josh as a server and he was very attentive and knowledgeable about the menu and the restaurant itself. He went into great detail about the training he went through and trying everything on the menu so he was familiar with each entree to help with questions from customers. I was blown away by his service and the food. My husband had said his steak was the best he ever had, and my Ahi Tuna was perfect. The fried green tomato appitizer that Josh recommended was excelled too. a I was looking forward to our return visit in September for my Birthday dinner with my family.

The visit in September wasn't anything like our previous in July. This visit we had Nate as a server. We never received a bread basket like we had gotten on the first visit. I had thought that maybe they had discontinued it, but then I saw the waitress bring the table behind us one. I had ordered my Ahi Tuna rare, but several of both the end pieces were white in color. Nate never returned to see how everything was. He also never returned with the side of ranch dressing for my daughters chicken tenders, and our drinks were never refilled. When we saw him next he was bringing us our bill. We were never asked us if we had planned on dessert.

I had posted on their Facebook page my experience. A woman named Tanya Bish who claimed to be the owner commented and stated she would private message me for further details.
Below is a copy of our correspondence

Montana's Rib & Chop House 9/17/13: We are very disappointed that you did not have a good experience. Could you please provide me the date, the time and the server who waited on your table? This information will give us the opportunity to provide retraining for our employee as well as determine if our staffing was appropriate during the time of your visit. We would like to give you a gift card for you to try our restaurant again. We can either forward the gift card to your address or leave it at the restaurant for you to pick up. Again, we apologize that your experience was subpar.

Tanya Bish Owner

Me 9/17/13:Thank you for taking the time to address the issue and for offering a gift certificate so we can return to your restaurant. If you could mail the gift certificate to my home I would appreciate it.

Me 10/25/13: Just wanted to check to see if I was suppose to pick up gift card or if you were going to mail it. I still have not gotten anything in the mail.

Montana's Rib & Chop House 10/30/13: I apologize once again. I will mail one out from our Meadville location. Please confirm when you receive. Thank you for your patience.

Me 11/23/13: It has been over two months since you first contacted me regarding our experience at your restaurant and still I have not gotten the gift card in the mail. At this point just forget about it. I will be sure to post this experience too and tell everyone I know. Good luck with your business.
I will NEVER eat here again and will make sure that all my friends and the general public are made aware of their business ethics or should I say lack of. With this type of practice they for sure won't be in business long.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Waterford, Michigan
“Best restaurant in Oxford, maybe even Michigan!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Food and service are amazing. We LOVE this place. The Chop house salad is something you would see in 5 star New York restaurant and if you like mussels, Montana's is the best and freshest I had since out on the east coast.

Steak loves, the Manhatter is something you MUST experience.

Visited November 2013