“Comstock Inn - 11/16/2012” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   300 E Main St, Owosso, MI 48867   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Owosso
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Flint, Michigan
“Comstock Inn - 11/16/2012”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My wife and I had an opportunity to stay at the Comstock Inn on this date. We had a spacious guest room - clean and comfortable. We also took dinner at the attached Tanglewood restaurant. We both enjoyed our dinners - I had the sirloin steak and my wife had the surf and turf (sirloin and lobster tail). My wife likes her steak well done which can be a challenge since most restaurants will tend to over cook a request for a well done steak and you end up with a dried out and tough cut of meat. Her steak was both cooked to her liking and still tender. Kudos to the kitchen staff. Service was very good despite that fact that they were very busy and had several large parties to attend to. We had a relaxing and enjoyable get away weekend. If you are looking for a quick get away weekend close to home and still easy on your budget give the Comstock Inn a try. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Ortonville, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We were there to bowl in the 600 Club tournament at Capital Bowl and we was greeted with treats when we checked in. The staff was very friendly and helpful during our stay. I would like to thank Aaron who helped with our reservations and Tony the manager who was there that night. Thanks again and we are looking forward to staying there next year.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

The staff at the Comstock was wonderful. Carla and Melody both went out of their way to make our stay comfortable. The rooms were very clean and the beds were nice. The person that cleaned our room folded the clothes that were laying around the room! No one has ever done that for us at any of the chain hotels. It was a very nice touch. The complaints that we had were the heating unit being out of date and not shutting off when the room reached a certain temp and the shower curtain smelled like mold. Reasonably priced and right in the middle of downtown Owosso.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Comstock Inn was a good place to stay. Rooms were good, beds were soft and comfy. Staff was good and kind. Restaurant had some good food. Fast and free internet. Very clean and decent setting.Almost everything is with in the reach (near by). I will recommend it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Silverwood, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

The Comstock Inn was the chosen venue for our daughter and son in law's wedding reception. We could not be more pleased! We had nearly 400 guests in attendance. All of our requests were met with a timely response by a friendly staff member. And speaking of staff - Kim (Event Planner) and Tony (General Manager) were a joy to work with, and so outwardly wanting to make our experience a pleasurable one. We found all of the staff members to be friendly, polite, and accommodating. The food tasted great and was fairly priced. We had the presidential spa room which was clean, spacious, and fairly priced. The conference rooms and atrium were decorated beautifully. Outside guests kept complimenting the elegant dining facility. (check the pictures posted on FB). Our daughter had the king business suite which is larger than some 1 bedroom apartments. We found the beds firm and very comfortable. When the bride and groom picked Comstock Inn to host their reception they did not realize that it would exceed all of their expectations. When they went to leave they simply stated......."we wouldn't have changed a thing and that it was a perfect wedding day "!! With great appreciation to the entire staff at Comstock Inn!! Thank You!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
joebob060, General Manager at The Comstock Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Mr. and Mrs. Ferguson,
It was our pleasure to host you. You were all just a pleasure to deal with. Congratulations again to Eric and Brianna. May you have a wonderful life together and we hope you will all come see us again soon.
Tony Nash
Manchester, NH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I arrived at Comstock Inn at 2:15pm and waited around until 3:15pm for the room to be cleaned. Even after explaining that the wedding I was in town for started at 3:30pm they were unable to get a room turned over quicker. The girls at the front desk were polite but said they had two weddings both starting around 3pm. When I finally got my key I found three maids socializing in the hallway on my floor. In my mind that's poor service. I stay in hotels 150+ nights a year. This stay is a reminder of my I stay at national chain hotels and not local family owned ones.

On on positive note the room was clean and smoke free.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Mr. Yates,
I would first like to begin by apologizing that you had to wait so long when you arrived with us. As you know, the wedding you were attending and that we were hosting was for 400+ guests. As you can imagine, the hotel was sold out and there were a large number of guests arriving early, some as early as 11am. Our posted check in time is at 3pm, however it is always our goal to meet any requests for early check-ins when possible. My staff and I worked as quickly as we could to turn over the rooms in a timely fashion, however many of our guests from the previous night didn't check out until as late as 1pm. Given this factor combined with the number of requests for early check-ins, we were simply unable to meet every request. My staff I and always try to let all of our guests know that we cannot guarantee that we will not make a mistake, but when we do we promise we will make it right. I have shared this review with my staff and they too have extended their sincerest apologies. We are working logistically to prevent this from happening to another guest in the future. I hope that if you are ever in the area again, that you will give us another chance to earn your business as we value all of our guests. My name is Tony Nash and you can ask for me personally as it would be my pleasure to take your reservation myself. I will make sure you get a real nice room. From all of us here at The Comstock Inn & Conference Center, thank you for your candor and we hope to see you again.
Tony Nash
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

I like the comstock inn. The rooms are a little small, but have comfortable beds. They are a little pricey, but are acomidating to your needs. I wouldsuggest to stay here. The restaurant that's connected is called the tanglewood. It has good food and a full bar. They are pricey but you can also charge your food to your room.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to The Comstock Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!