“weekend at woodland pines” 5 of 5 stars

Camp Inn Lodge
3111 North US 23, Oscoda, MI 48750 (Formerly Woodland Pines Resort)   |
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Oscoda
Washington, Michigan
“weekend at woodland pines”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I booked a scrapbooking weekend along with 10 friends at Woodland Pines Resort in Oscoda, MI. The service was excellent. We had plenty of room to work on our scrapbook pages (and we all have a lot of stuff). The food was great. They even brought it down to us, so we wouldn't have to step away from our scrapbooking to eat. They allowed us to stay as late as we wanted on Sunday even though check out is supoposed to be 11AM, we didn't get out of there until about 3:00PM. My daughter and I took advantage of the wonderful hot tub to take the chill off. It was very relaxing. The lounge was a great place to enjoy music, dancing, and laughter. I even had my handwriting analyzed (he was dead on). It was a perfect weekend. I can't wait to go up there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Manager2021, Manager at Camp Inn Lodge, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
To all the ladies that scrap booked with us that weekend thank you, our staff enjoyed your company.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Au Gres, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Spent the last 2 days here for a workshop. Great place to attend or host a workshop or meetings. You do not even have to leave the parking lot to sleep eat and swim. The staff takes the best care of you.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Manager2021, Manager at Camp Inn Lodge, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Flanagan13 we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your review, we hope to see you again soon.
Wayne, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed at woodland pines for a four day weekend. I was the bridesmaid of a wedding party. We had all of our guest for the wedding staying there. They quoted us one price and charged our guest another. When we arrived on friday they didn't have the right room for us. We were the maid of honor and brides maid yet they didn't have us in the same hall with the rest of our guests??? They basically rushed us out of they're dining hall, I had a guest get sick off the fish, They did not have a room for my aunt when she arrived. Mind you she had made her reservation 7 months in advance. The rooms were stuffy and less than desirable. To make it worse when I tried to speak with the manager. What a waste of time that was. Never apologized or tried to fix my problems. Just told me to calm down. She kept telling me she didn't know what I expected her to do for me, and that I needed to quit causing a scene in her hotel. She told me their computer system was old and it had gone down. Not My problem!!!! I needed my guest to have a room. She told if I spoke one more word to her she would kick me out. I rate this hotel a ZERO and would not recommend it to a single soul. Terrible Terrible Terrible.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Brooklyn, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We had stayed at the Woodland Pines about 4 times over the last couple of years, and for the most part it was what it was. An "up northy" kinda place, with a fun pool that the kids liked. We went back last weekend for a family reunion and that will be the last time for sure. I can't even begin to describe the problems, without getting all pissed off again! Our rooms smelled so musty and bad that the first thing we had to do was to go by air freshners for them. The towels are the size of a hankderchief and about as thick!!! The pop machine was out of order all weekend long. The tv's are a joke, about 15 inch dinasaurs!! We had 1 key to our room (who still uses keys?) to share among 3 people. And frankly, they really ticked me off!! STAY SOMEPLACE ELSE!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Ann Arbor, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

The Redwood Motor Lodge was sold. The motel building that is on the west side of US-23 is now named the Woodland Pines motel. The cabins that are on Lake Huron (across the road) are presently empty and not being rented.

The motel building now has many rennovated rooms. Our room and the rooms we could see into have new carpet, paint, furniture, mattresses and flat-screen TVs in the bedrooms and new tile, vanities and medicine cabinets in the bathrooms. All the rooms we saw were very clean. This is a vast improvement over the building's prior incarnation as the Redwood Motor Lodge.

We stayed in Room 20 of Woodland Pines, which was very small and was only wide enough for a queen bed and one nightstand. I do not recommend Room 20 but other rooms may be much better.

The positives of the Woodland Pines:
It is clean and nicely updated. The new flat panel TVs have hundreds of cable channels. There is an indoor pool with small water slides, a small sauna and a small hot tub, all of which appeared to be clean. There is a restaurant on site, and the breakfast was reasonably priced and the food was good. You can presently walk across US-23 and use the beach at the cabins that were formerly part of the Redwood Motor Lodge. The bathrooms we saw have vanities and medicine cabinets, which is great for putting away all of your items instead of leaving them on a counter. All of the staff were polite and attentive, and they seem to want to build up their business with repeat guests.

The negatives of the Woodland Pines:
There is no sound-dampening insulation in the walls and ceilings, so if you are a light sleeper you will not sleep well. Access to the beach across the road may change when the cabins on Lake Huron are back in business, as we were told that the cabins and lakefront land is not owned by Woodland Pines. The toiletries provided are limited to shampoo and soap, and you must bring your own hair dryer.

If you are a sound sleeper and the beachfront motels are all booked, then this may be a very satisfactory place to stay. If the walls had sound insulation I would rate this as "Good" rather than just "Average."

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
portagelake
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2009

We stayed at the Redwood on a Friday night in July. It was raining and we were actually planning on camping. This hotel is dirty, overpriced and loud! The worst nights sleep I've ever had at in a motel. We stayed in the back part. The doors slam and wake you with every time they close. If you stay on the bottom floor, you can hear every footstep above you. The walls are so thin that I could even hear someone snoring in the room next to us and thought it was my husband! An awful place to stay!!!!!! Would never stay there again! The swimming/ game room isn't smoke-free!! Also, the non-smoking and smoking room are right next to each other! A lot of good that does!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Camp Inn Lodge? Share your experiences!