“Dont Stay Mice in room” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Lake Trail Resort

Lake Trail Resort
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Oscoda
Lake Trail Resort
5400 N. U.S. -23, Oscoda, MI 48750   |
Ranked #7 of 9 hotels in Oscoda
Michigan
“Dont Stay Mice in room”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2007

My family and I have been staying at Lake Trail Resort for the past three years. The stay this time leaves me in tears and my family and I will never return to such a terrible place. The service was terrible. When you stay someplace you expect the people that work their to treat you like a guest in their home. No that doesn't seem to be the policy at Lake Trail Resort. Our very first night we unpacked our car and took a short trip to the store. When we returned we saw mouse droppings on the stove and the counter. I went to the office and they said they would tell management tomorrow. Returned to the room and my husband and I where watching TV and saw mice run across the floor. So we called the front desk and said something needed to be done now we see them. Well my children are now freaked out and don't want to go to sleep. She told us she didn't know where any was we would have to wait. So the next morning I they send the cleaning staff in to set some traps. That eve we hear one of them go off so I go over to the office and the girl said well you can reuse them you know. I said so now I'm pest control not a guest? She said just go get a bag and pick it up and I will reset it and take it back to my room. I said no I'm not touching the thing. She gives me this look like I'm putting her out or something. What is that all about I'm thinking to myself. Meanwhile my husband and children hear another trap go off and see two more run across the floor. So I go back to the office and told her that something needed to be done right now. We need a new room because we don't want to stay in that one anymore. She said we don't have a room you have to say where you are. So she calls her manager and she said she was on a walk and when she was finished she would call back. Meanwhile the girl said you could go to the store and get more traps yourself or wait until I get off at 10:00pm and she would go to the store. Well the manger comes in to talk with us and had no sorry or just I guess I will go to the store and try to find something. She returns and hands my husband a bag and said here sir you can put this decon around I guess that's all I could find. I'm thinking where is the customer service around here why should I feel that I'm putting people out because I have mice in my room. This is now 11:00pm at night so my husband and I go out looking for a new place to stay but no vac. anywhere around. So we pack the car to go home but another family member said no its to late you have a 4 hour drive so we stay in there room. We had 13 people in one room with two beds and they didn't seem to care anything about the situation. My sister went to the office and said they had people leaving the next morning they would give us a room then. That was not pleasant what to ever four adults and 9 children in one room trying to sleep. OK to back it up a little bit I asked for a refund on my stay before we left and they said they couldn't do that we would have to wait for the owner. Why I asked you have a credit card machine just reverse the charge again where is the customer service around here? After being persistent I got the girl to reverse my credit card. Well the next morning the manager is on desk duty and she still is not responsive to our needs and seems like where putting her out. The cleaning lady came across the parking lot at 9:30am with sheets in hand from the room they where going to give us and was suppose to have someone clean and ready the room. We sat in the office until 11:00am and still no room the manager just said you are going to have to wait for a while with no concern for us what so ever. Well by this time my youngest child is in tear and so am I because we can't even get dressed and start our fun for the day because we don't have a room to unpack the car. Needless to say this has all been way to much for all of us and go home and have to leave the rest of our family that was also staying behind and recked our family vacation.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
ltinnkeeper, General Manager at Lake Trail Resort, responded to this review, June 15, 2009
The rodents in question were chipmucks, not that they are any less bothersome. Due to long term construction at the Church next door, they were up-rooted and moved over. We were unable to control the situation, refunded all charges and tried to find new accomodations. After 3 years with us, we feel badly this happened.

Belle Flora

14 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2005

We have stayed at the Lake Trail Resort several times the past few years, in both a standard room and the efficiency. Both were very comfortable and clean. The beach is unbeatable and very private. Our son has severe autism, and this place is the greatest for a family member with a disability because it is very private and there's a lot to do right on the property. It is also very close to a supermarket, restaurants and shopping. It's a friendly atmosphere and there's a free breakfast that is very nice to enjoy with other travelers. We just love this place and this beautiful area on Lake Huron!!

• Stayed October 2004
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2004

Every year there is a group of 20 of us who go up to Oscoda for the 2nd weekend in October. We always have a great time. This will be our second year staying at The Lake Trail. We all thought it was wonderful compared to our last stay across the street. Belle Flora was a wonderful hostess and the rooms were exquisite.

Olympia, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2004

Wow - what a nice website, too bad the cabin we stayed in was a dump. The bathroom was dirty, the toilet took 10 minutes to refill in between flushes, you had to be a contortionist to take a shower, the beds were worn so you rolled into the middle, the T.V. (yes we did turn it on to try and watch the weather channel) would flicker to the point you could hardly watch it, you could feel every board in the couch as you sat on it. The beach area was nice, but the cabins should just be raised. You are paying $100 a night for the beach, not for the room.

I am sorry that you were dissapointed in the cabin. Since this review was in 2004, in the past 5 years we have changed to a futon in the living room and although still not large, the bathrooms have been remodeled. The Cottages are "Rustic Log Cabins" and provide a spacious area for families wanting to be on the beach.

Belle Flora

Been to Lake Trail Resort? Share your experiences!