“Great Lakes Crossing Mall Shopping Trip” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Orion
Blenheim, Canada
“Great Lakes Crossing Mall Shopping Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

We never stayed at a SpringHill Suites by Marriott hotel before and were pleasantly surprised. From the moment we stepped into the hotel we recieved greetings from the front desk staff and then we were walking to our room and a maintainance man asked if we needed anything to just let him know. REALLY! Wow! The next day this man helped us carry our packages to our room :) There is an awesome shortcut to the mall down Brown Road that the front desk person let us know about and it cuts off 2 miles and it's so easy. After shopping we relaxed in the Swimming pool and Spa. Breakfast was awesome, so much more on the buffet than a Hampton Inn, I was in awe. This hotel is not next to the mall, but only a couple miles away and it's such a nice quiet location to get away from the mall hustle and bustle. We are making this hotel a yearly adventure for our ladies outing. THANK YOU SPRINGHILL ORION for a wonderful memorable getaway! See you next year :)

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Joleisha B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Detroit Auburn Hills, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you for your five star review. We hope to see you again in the near future

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

For those who haven’t stayed at a Springhill Suites, they are good properties overall and owned by Marriott. They tend to be more “Spartan” than a Residence Inn or Homewood Suites by Hilton.

I stayed at this property for 2 nights in a double queen room. The room was oversized and had a half wall separating the sitting/work area from the sleeping area. Had 32” flat screen, Micro/fridge/coffee maker in separate area of room. Good bed, excellent feather pillows (no lumpy, cheap foam). Very good work area with decent space and lots of outlets. Good work chair. The bathroom was functional but not upscale, with generic counters and standard tub/shower combo. Free wireless. It has pool and whirlpool which I did not use. Would be a nice property for events at the Palace, which is about a mile away.

I give the property a 90/100 overall and a 93/100 for value. I would return in the future.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your four star review. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

This is a fairly new hotel and could get a top review except for a couple things.

First the unfixable - they skimmped on the size of the swimming pool = too bad, this will keep my vote as less than perfect.

The fixable the work out room is too small - not likely they will do anything about it. There is not real draw storage in the room so plan on living out of your suit case and do not expect to put anything up except what you can hang on a hanger.

Last and I was told they are fixing the so called free high speed internet was slower that 3G with a weak signal - I tested my 3G air card and it was better than 2 or 3 times faster.

So with that fix as a promise I gave them a very good due to the friendly staff.

Room Tip: note some rooms do not allow you to see the TV when working at the desk in the room - most do howeve...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Hudson, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011 via mobile

The layouts of the rooms and decor are a little weird but there is plenty of space compared to a regular room. The bed is comfortable. Some road noise but not much.

• Stayed October 2011
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011 via mobile

I travel a lot this is my first trip here from the time I pulled up it was inviting clean . The rooms are clean and well thought out . The pool is good nice hot tub , the work out room works breakfast is free and great friendly people .

• Stayed October 2011
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

We've stayed at several Springhill Suites properties, and this is one of the nicest ones because of the staff.

Let me start with the negative first. The pool is nice, though there isn't enough seating for parents who need to watch their kids, and the pool itself is tiny. That would be the only negative.

Now for the positive. We found the hotel to be absolutely spotless. Our room and the public areas were great.

The decor is very modern, though it's the standard Springhill Suites theming so nothing unusual there. We have three kids, so for us, these are great hotels because everyone can fit in the same room.

The wireless internet worked fine. It was fast enough for my purposes.

The front desk staff were all very pleasant. Even the housekeepers smiled and greeted us when we were walking down the halls.

The breakfast area was clean and always restocked. We were there on a weekend when it was busy, but we never had any issues with having to wait for food to be replenished. Everything ran super smoothly there. They also have a really friendly guy (Marcus) making waffles to order with choice of toppings (including whipped cream). That's not "typical" for a hotel at this level, but it was really a nice touch and meant that there was no line for the waffle maker.

The location is excellent. Culver's and Jimmy John's are technically within walking distance, and a few minutes away you'll find lots of other places including shopping (Target, Costco, Meyer).

We had an event at the Silverdome, and the drive was just about 10 minutes. The Palace is even closer.

All in all, I'd definitely recommend this hotel if you're looking for a reasonably priced place.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

I have to tell you that I have never stayed at a Springhill Suites before tonight and I did not know what to expect. I was shocked when I opened the door to my room and saw the chic, modern decor and spacious layout! Wow was I impressed! I love, love, love the decor of the room. Let me start by saying the color scheme is perfect...soft aqua and greens accented by bolder more striking colors. The carpet tiles remind me of beach grasses waiving in the wind and there is an ultra modern solar shade on the huge window accented by panel draperies in a soft celery green hue. The workstation serves as a divider between the bedroom and sitting area and there is also a small kitchenette. A large flat screen TV is easily viewed from the bedroom or sitting area. The sectional sofa is modern and has a beautiful textured fabric in an aqua hue. There are accent pillows in lime green, orange, and yellow. The accent furniture was very well thought out and is very functional. There are moveable endtables / coffee tables that are so cool I want to ask Marriott where I can purchase them! The room has very tasteful artwork framed in satin nickel to match the other satin nickel accesories throughout the room. The bathroom has a walk in tiled shower with glass doors. I travel a lot for work and I have stayed in the nicest hotels for work and personal travel. I must say that this hotel is a superb value for the money and is a great home away from home while away on business. There is even a complimentary breakfast each morning. The hotel is conveniently located close to Orion, Auburn Hills, Rochester Hills, and many other attractions. I highly recommend this hotel, it is much nicer than other higher priced chains in the area!

Room Tip: All rooms are suites at this hotel.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to SpringHill Suites Detroit Auburn Hills? Share your experiences!