“wonderful place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lake Shore Cabins

Lake Shore Cabins
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ontonagon
Lake Shore Cabins
You added Lake Shore Cabins to your Saves list
M-107, Silver City, Ontonagon, MI   |
quincy
“wonderful place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

This place was everything they said it would be. We can not find any thing bad to say it was a great place to stay. Clean,Clean, Clean. The only thing wrong was we didn't stay longer 2 days were not enough. This is Pure Michigan for sure!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Little Chute, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Oh, my God!!! I love this place. I work hard in a mill all year. I am busy at home also. I have been a return customer to this place for many years. The minute I pull into the driveway, I breathe. It is so cozy. The bedrooms may be small, but, the beds are cozy, and Kitty always has the most wonderful clean white sheets. I can't wait to get into bed at night. And, each bedroom has a window, so you can go to sleep to the sound of wonderful Lake Superior, singing you to sleep with her gentle waves lapping on the endless beach, which Rick and Kitty keep cleaned up. You can walk the beaches looking for beach glass and beautiful stones and rocks and drift wood. The view is endless. The sunsets are amazing. The cabins are absolutely clean as a whistle and Rick and Kitty work their butts off to keep them that way. Kitty decorates each cabin in some kind of a cute little theme. They are wonderful people, and if some people would take the time to get to know them, they would see that, too. Yes, you have to go to a separate cabin to shower, and sometimes the water pressure might get low, but gosh, are you in big rush to sit in your lawn chair?! Perhaps there is a nearby Hilton to go to. My friends and I have spent many a long night sitting around a huge campfire on the beach, and when we can pry them away from their work, Rick and Kitty will come and join us. We eat outside at the picnic tables, provided to each cabin, or in crappy weather, we all pile into 1 cabin, and eat, play board games, and, oh yes, sit around and talk and laugh, without television or a phone ringing. Imagine that!!!
My son and his bride went there for the first time last year, and can't wait to go back. It's like stepping back in time, with all the kitchen conveniences. I hope some of you get a chance to get up there, that is, if you want peace and quiet and a break from the city. Shame on anyone who puts this place down. Nancy H.

Eagle River, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I have been coming to Lake Shore Cabins for over 30 years. It's what gives me some serenity in my life. The spot is beautiful, cabins right on the beach meticulously cleaned and decorated with themes of the Northwoods. Rick and Kitty are the owners and greeters. They are always willing to help make your stay at Lakeshore memorable. No showers in the cabins, but I love the updated sauna and shower house. My favorite thing to do is sit in the hot, wood burning sauna and then go jump in the cold Lk Superior. This makes me feel ALIVE!!!! Hiking along the beach from Lk Shore, finding beach glass and treasure rocks makes me feel very happy. I love Lake Shore Cabins and Kitty and Rick help make it so special!!!!!

Room Tip: I love the cabins right on the beach.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

I see a bad review here and in flabbergasted! Yes the cabins are old, but that is part of the charm...they are spotlessly clean, and fully furnished down to every last detail, even in the kitchen. Because they were built so long ago, they are closer to the lake shore than anywhere else, providing phenomenal views from almost every window, and especially the screened porches. Each cabin has it's own charm, with the special touches added by the owners.
Yes, the showers are shared, but not like at the gym! They are private, and The doors lock. They are also kept spotlessly clean, and they are absolutely gorgeous. Plus, the sauna is awesome! There is nothing like a hot sauna, them a swim in Lake Superior!
The owners have never been anything less than super friendly, and have always provided us with anything we ask for...extra blankets and towels and pillows included. And we have always paid by credit card. No problems there.
As there are no TVs in the lakeside cabins, this is the PERFECT place to retreat from the world. Even my kids love it up there! They spend their days playing in the lake and exploring the shoreline and rivers within walking distance. It's a very short drive (5min) to the Porcupine Mtns, for great hiking, too!
All in all, this is one of our most favorite places to vacation...alone, with our kids, and with friends, too...We go at least once a year. Twice if we can!

• Stayed June 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

If you are a Needy, Whiney, Room Service Ordering Kind of Person (Homerun2013) this may not be the place for you, but for everyone else on the planet, there is no better place to stay on the shores of Lake Superior. Lake Shore Cabins are located right on the beach, so you are connected with the lake, with nature, and with yourself as soon as you step out of your car.
The cabins are spotless and each one is meticulously cared for and uniquely decorated by the owners. I travel a lot throughout the year, and no hotel can compare. Everything you need is provided for including a stocked kitchen and the fire pits are located right on the beach for the best star gazing experience you will ever have. The beachcombing is amazing and the treasures change every year depending on Mother Superiors mood.
The resort if perfect for families that like the outdoors and groups of people that want to gather together to enjoy each-others company and the beauty of Lake Superior. I have reserved a cabin every year for the past 10 years and stay for 5 days with a group of friends. I look forward to the vacation all year long!

Saukville, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

2014 will be my 19th year staying at Lake Shore Cabins. It is our place to meet up once a year. As many as 12 women come up to enjoy the sweet, clean and unique cabins. (One of our group drives from New York every year!) Upon arrival, you know there is not a grain of sand on the floors. This favorite place is right on the beach of Lake Superior. You can watch the sunrise and sunset from the beach. How many places on this earth offer this view.

The moment I exit my car, my breathing synchronizes with the rhythm of the waves. This little spot is so captivating. Part of it's charm are the owners, Kitty and Rick. They are so accommodating and conscientious. They focus on every detail with running this resort.

Every year we are greeted with new little details they have worked on. They are both very creative. They have a way of bringing the treasures the beach offers into each cabin. Walls have been covered with beach rocks, even a toilet roll holder has been covered with tiny beach stones. Look closely and you may find a sun or the moon designed with rocks on your wall.

There have been years when I have had the opportunity to get up there twice in the season. I so enjoyed observing how other people enjoy this resort. It was a family who comes every year, three generations. They had a huge inflatable raft, one member found treasures on the bottom of the lake while scuba diving. They played games in the spacious, open area between the cabins. Other guests use this delightful resort as a playground too!

How do we "play"? We walk the beach with our rock bag, looking for beach stones, beach glass, drift wood, pieces of broken dishes that have spent decades, perhaps a century coming to shore. Our cars are always heavier when we leave. Rick helps us combine a few picnic tables to make one long one. We cover it with table cloths, candles and flowers. This is where we plan to dine for breakfast and dinner. Our meals are amazing and to enjoy them this close to that magnificent lake makes it all taste even better! We end our day with a campfire each night on the beach.

Rick and Kitty just fall into the energy of their guests. However their guests want to use this playground is okay with them. Honestly, what's not to like about this resort? Would I be going up there every year if I didn't love it? I don't think so.

Kudos to Kitty and Rick for all their hard work in keeping these log cabins and grounds so inviting, year after year. June, 2014 can't get here fast enough!

Room Tip: We book our vacation a year in advance so we are sure to get our week!
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Lake Shore Cabins in Silver City, is our favorite place to say while visiting the Porcupine Mountains. Let me start by saying that I have been coming to this area for the past 45 years. Staying at Lake Shore Cabins for the past 17 years has been an added bonus to our Porkies Experience. The cabins are very clean and comfortable. Yes- they are rustic. No TV or telephone which is perfect for us. The beach is beautiful and the grounds nicely maintained. Rick and Kitty have always provided us with superior customer service prior, during and after our visits. On many different occasions they have been instrumental in helping us with car repairs, snow mobile rentals, group excursions to local attractions, securing canoe rentals etc. On every visit they have gone above and beyond expectations to assure that we will have an enjoyable stay at their resort. Over the past 17 years they have continued to improve and update each cabin and the sauna/ shower house. The attention to detail in every regard has been impressive to watch evolve over the years. If you are looking for peace and tranquility with a beautiful view and comfortable clean cabins, this is the place for you. We love it for the true northwoods experience.

Room Tip: Cabin 2, 3, 4 & 5 are right on the beach. Cabin 1 is the facing the road - but is a bit larger...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Lake Shore Cabins? Share your experiences!