“Needs TLC” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn

You added Comfort Inn to your Saves list
Comfort Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2187 University Park Drive, Okemos, MI 48864 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Okemos
Arkansas
“Needs TLC”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for one night and was very disappointed with the room. The location is great, and the exterior looks good, but the interior is in need of a lot of TLC. The furniture in the lobby and common areas is worn and looked dirty. I made sure not to sit on them. The room smelled of old smoke, which seems to be in the carpet, and curtains. The room needs to be refurbrished and the entire hotel could use an overhaul. The room appeared to have been cleaned by housekeeping, but the odor in the halls and room made me think that is could use a makeover. I would NOT recommend this hotel even for a short stay. There are only a few hotels in the area, and they all seem to get booked up. I would NOT stay here again. Because the hotel interior was in such poor condition, I did not eat any breakfast. However, I noticed that there were eggs, sausage, waffles, danishes, etc.The hotel could probably be nice if it receives some TLC as soon as possible

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Knoxville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

We were in town for a funeral. The hotel allowed us to check in early because of early calling hours. This hotel was very quiet. No matter what was needed, the staff cheerfully helped us. We stayed three days.

The bedding was clean, soft sheets, nice white towels. Decent breakfast bar, not alot of a variety. Close to restaurants. Not too far from Michigan State.

Although it is an older Comfort Inn, it was exceptionally clean.

Room Tip: Any room appears to be quiet. No busy highways.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Dearborn, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

We had a period of time around Memorial Day that we were without electricity at our home. Many of the families in our neighborhood ended up staying at this Comfort Inn. The facility was in excellent condition with very accomodating employees. The hot breakfast that was served every morning was about what you would expect. It was hot and it was better then most free hotel breakfasts. The other hotels we contacted did not go out of their way to lower their rates for the us because of the circumstances we were in. The Comfort Inn people went out of their way for all of us. Would I recommend this hotel to friends visiting our area? Yes! A very resounding YES!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

My parents and I always stay at this hotel when we're in Michigan visiting family and I have yet to have a bad experience. The staff are friendly and helpful and the rooms are quiet and very neat and comfortable. Also they have a very nice free breakfast and coffee is available all day long! This hotel is in a good location if you need to stay in Okemos and want to travel to MSU or Lansing. My one complaint is that it was hard to set a wake up call via the automated service on the phone and once the wake up time I had set didn't go through. However I did ask the front desk to set a wake up call time for me and had no further problems, so if you do need to have a wake up call bypass the phone and talk to the front desk.

Room Tip: Call direct - staff are friendly
  • Stayed April 2011
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

This will be an ongoing review as I am still staying here. Background: Checked-in on 05/26/2010 and am staying for 16 nights. I chose this hotel for two reasons (1) proximity; and, (2) it accepts small dogs - which I have a 13 lb Peke-Tese, who is kept in a carrier during the day while I'm gone.

We sold our Okemos home and our family is being relocated to St. Johns, Florida...my husband is already down there in our new home with all our belongings. I stayed behind because our daughter (4th grade, age 10) doesn't get out of school until June 11th; so she, the family dog and I are stuck here until June 11th.

Anyway, I made my reservation several weeks in advance and requested a mini-fridge in my room due to the length of our stay. It's on my confirmation. I didn't get said mini-fridge until 6 days AFTER check-in; granted, it says "based on availability" - but seriously if someone was paying me for 16 days of service in a 1 night stay kind of place - I'd accommodate them.

Next, our room HAS NOT BEEN CLEANED for two days straight! I complained last night, the first night, and went down and got fresh towels, etc. Allegedly, the front desk made a note of it. Well, it's night 9 and I came here after work after picking my daughter up from school and it STILL had not been cleaned - I had 2 days worth of DIRTY TOWELS - two days worth of TRASH - and, NO MORE COFFEE!

I'm an anal retentive neat freak by nature. My room is a breeze to clean. Especially if you're in an *extended stay* where the ONLY thing they have to do is make up your bed (not change the sheets) - give you fresh towels and change the TRASH!

We were GONE over Memorial Weekend - so house-keeping has had it LIGHT for our room anyway .

If you think that FRESH TOWELS and CHANGED TRASH are no big deal - then stay here - it's cheap. You get what you pay for. Me? Never again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Columbus, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2010

Needed a quick 1 night stay for a show at MSU. Had found on another site for a low rate. Everything was great about it. Comfy bed. Free mini breakfast bar that had a cool waffle mix you poured into a cup then into a waffle iron (I don't get out much haha).

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2010

Facility seems to have been recently renovated. The selling point for me was a 100% non-smoking facility.

Staff was very nice. When I booked thru their website few weeks ago, I got a certain rate using AAA discount. However, as I was entering the hotel street, under the hotel sign board, there was a "Special rate" board, which was much less than what I booked for. Check-in time, I asked the girl at the counter and she readily reduced my rate to the advertised rate, without any fuss. Nice!

It is a 2-storied facility with indoor corridors. Apparently there is no elevator. Even though I said I didn't care for a specific floor, I was assigned a first floor room anyway. Very nice fresh smelling room and clean bathroom. There was only a shower (no tub), though I don't know if this was for all rooms or only some.

Breakfast was decent - you can make your own waffles; there was hot scrambled egg, breakfast meat, boiled eggs etc. along with all the other traditional continental stuff. The hotel attendants were nice and courteous.

I did not try out the high-speed internet, so can't comment on that.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!