“Great for business travel in the area of Lansing” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2209 University Park Drive, Okemos, MI 48864   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Okemos
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Great for business travel in the area of Lansing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Perfect for the Business traveler -rooms recently remodeled, ok breakfast in the am, ironing in room and large washroom. Good size rooms. No elevators in the building. Nice pool area if so inclined. Staff that I encountered were all very pleasant. This particular hotel is convenient from the interstate, but not much in the way of GOOD restaurants in this are.

Room Tip: Take the first floor as there are no elevators to 2nd floor. Ask for a close to lobby - room - it c...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Taylor B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area), responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear SwissMr,
Thank you very much for leaving a review! I am happy to hear that you had a good stay at our property and that you were happy with the room size, pool area, and staff! There are a few restaurants that we recommend in the area and there are plenty more just a couple of exits over in East Lansing. Thank you for leaving a tip for our future guests about the elevator. At check in, we like to give that offer to our guests as we understand that stairs can sometimes be difficult. Also, we are always happy to help you with your bags! We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
South Salem, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We have been staying here twice a year for the last eight years for good reasons. The facility is beautifully managed, well maintained, PET friendly, and offers an extensive list of features and services. The rooms are very clean, comfortable, well appointed (not fancy), and quiet.
The staff, from the front desk to maintenance, is friendly, efficient, and available. There is a fine variety of cold and hot items are on the breakfast menu, with hot coffee available throughout the day.
There are a number of restaurants, both fast food and more formal dining, within walking distance of the hotel.
Most importantly to us it offers the best value of any facility of its type.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Taylor B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area), responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We thank you for your loyalty by visiting our location for the last eight years! I am delighted to hear all of the wonderful things that you said about our facility and I will pass along the wonderful comments to the staff. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!
Okemos, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

My family stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for three nights while we were getting the floors in our home redone and it was a great experience. The room was extremely clean, quiet and very handicap-friendly. The hotel had a great exercise room that we used frequently (also handicap-friendly) and the pool area was beautiful. We were also very impressed by the helpful hotel staff! We will definitely be staying here again whenever we need a hotel in Okemos and will be recommending it to friends!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Taylor B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area), responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Dear Alicia,
Thank you so much for writing a review! I am very happy to hear that you had a great experience and I hope your floors in your home turned out beautiful! We just extended our workout room and added a couple more machines so I am glad that you liked it! Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

It was a wonderful experience. I couldn't have been more impressed with the staff and accommodations. It was a very pleasant surprise. The pool was extremely inviting, warm and pleasant. Local restaurants were easily accessed and the staff of the establishments I visited were more than helpful and very welcoming. The Okemos area is a delightful place to visit and enjoy. For a wonderful, enjoyable and soothing place to visit, Okemos can't be beat and Holiday Inn Express made it seem like home.

Room Tip: I stayed on the second floor and was impressed with the quietness. The doors closed with a surprisin...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Taylor B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area), responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear LynnMsalafia,
I am so happy to hear that you had a wonderful experience at our location! We thank you and appreciate you for taking the time to write a review. It is such and honor and we take pride when you say we "made it seem like home". Safe travels and we hope to see you next time you visit the Okemos/MSU area!
Debrecen, Debrecen, Hungary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

It is a tipical Holyday Express hotel. Nice rooms, clean, and quiet, confortable bed, good no more, no less. Enaough parking places, around the bulding. The unique thing tha the hotel has no elevators, so if you are in the second floor can be a little bit molesting. Safe and nice place, i can recomend it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Taylor B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area), responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a response on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you are happy with your stay. At check in, we always ask the guest if they prefer the first or second floor, as we understand that taking the stairs can be difficult for some people. We hope to see you again soon and safe travels!
Hickory, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at your property at the end of June for just a one night stay. My three friends and I had driven 12 hours from Hickory, North Carolina and I had booked the reservation a few months in advance. We were stopping to get some rest before the last leg of our journey to the Electric Forest Festival in Rothbury.

Upon arrival, the exterior of the hotel looked very average for a HIE. Once inside, I realized the lobby/pool area had a very unique design, being right in center of the hotel just past check in. Mary, the Associate who was working was very friendly and kind. Asking me questions about my position and hotel where I work. I was very happy she broke away from the usual front desk/guest dialogue and acknowledged the fact that I also work in hotels. I had booked a two queen standard room because we had 4 people and a ton of luggage. I had asked for something 1st floor originally, because I was informed that there was no elevator. I then asked her if there were any upgrades available, and she graciously informed me that there was an upgrade available but it was on the second floor, and we'd have to take the stairs. I opted for the walk to enjoy the well-appointed queen suite

The carpet in the hallways was gorgeous. The room was clean, spacious - with two TV's and a pull out sofa. I was very impressed with your facility. My friends and I decided to swim. The girls had brought their bathing suits, but my friend and I had not. We swam in our shorts, and dried them off with the self-service laundry which was a wonderful amenity. For dinner I walked down at the front desk and asked Mary for suggestions for Pizza Delivery. She recommended a local pizza place rather than the normal chains I have back home. The food was delicious. I printed directions for the morning, printer and internet worked great. In the morning we all enjoyed our last hot shower for 4 days, and ate a delicious free breakfast. I was very impressed with the free breakfast, hot and fresh. The 2nd A/C unit by the beds was a little noisy, but nothing that you couldn't sleep through. I just informed the front desk upon check out.

Kudos to Mary and the staff for a wonderful rest and enjoyable stay. I sure know where to stay if I ever pass through Lansing again. I recommend this hotel to everyone.

Regards,

Allen Longstreet

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade if available.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear alongstreet,
Thank you for your wonderful review! We take pride in our front desk staff and I am delighted that Mary was able to help you with everything you needed. It is always important to us that we get to know our guests so that we can help them with anything and everything they need. It sounds like you had a fantastic time here in the Okemos/Lansing area and we hope to see you all soon!
Sterling Heights, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This is a little hard to find if you're not using your GPS. I've been here before and almost missed it. If you're going EAST toward Detroit on I-96, turn LEFT when you exit the freeway. If you're going WEST toward Grand Rapids, turn right. Turn RIGHT on Jolly Road. There's a little side street that takes you to University Park Drive (it will be on your right just a short trip up Jolly) and that takes you to the hotel. Tricia was very kind when she checked me in. Even though I was staying on reward points, she upgraded me to a suite. The rooms are very nice. In the suite section of the hotel, the Internet can be a little iffy - there are two WIFI networks belonging to the hotel and I found one better than the other. I got the best reception sitting at the counter in my kitchen rather than at the desk. The advantage to the suite area is it's super quiet and very nice for a business traveler wanting to get away from family craziness during peak vacation season. If you were traveling with a family, though, the roomy suites would be great.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a strong WIFI signal.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear professordoctormom,
Thank you so much for staying with us. I can understand how it can be difficult sometimes to find our location if you are not using a GPS. I thank you for explaining to our possible guests the exact directions. We are always at the desk 24/7 if anyone needs to call for directions as well. I am happy that you got upgraded to a suite! We love to upgrade our IHG Rewards members when we have the rooms available. We recently switched our entire Internet system so now there should not be any problems! Thanks again and safe travels!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)? Share your experiences!