“Nice Sports Bar” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #70 of 90 Restaurants in Okemos
Lansing, Michigan
“Nice Sports Bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We recently enjoyed Sunday special pizza here. We dined outdoors on the patio as it was a great day. Good choices from the menu and value.

Visited August 2014

Lansing, Michigan
“It grieves me to have to write this”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

My golf league has been going to Frank's East for the past several years. In the beginning, it was fabulous. Our Monday night league enjoyed good food at happy hour prices, cold pitchers of beer and friendly, efficient waitresses. Sadly, this is no longer the case. With each new year, the quality of our experience at Frank's East has gone down. I can understand that new waitresses need training and for the most part can give them the benefit of the doubt. However, there is no excuse for the kitchen decline that we have seen. You can expect to get your drink orders filled quickly (once you figure out who is waiting on your table) but the food service is worse than slow. When the food does come, it is frequently cold or undercooked. Last night was probably the last straw for us. One guy ordered a burrito and when it finally came, it was cold in the middle. He sent it back and it was still cold when it came out again. Another burrito ordered was delivered the same, sent back for reheating and returned with the same result. I ordered a burger medium. The center of the meat I received was not the pink I expected, but rather a nice raw. We frequently order several pitchers and on more than one occasion have been charged for phantom ones. As we were leaving last night, the talk was that we would not return, but will find a new venue for our group. I live behind the Frank's on the west side and have not been there much. After seeing the decline of the East restaurant, I am not likely to frequent the one close to my home either. About the only good thing I can say about Frank's East is that they do have a large amount of TVs, but those are often tuned to the same channels so you do not get a variety of sports unless you specifically ask for a TV to be tuned to what you would like to see.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Freeland, Michigan
“Started fine, ended horribly”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We were in town with several families. Chose Frank's as it was across the street from our hotel, which was convenient with several children. The waitress was prompt to take our orders. Drinks came out quickly. Food, not so much! I was finished with my meal (burger) and the person next to hadn't even received hers yet (a burrito). After we were finished we all paid our tabs. The waitress messed up bad though. We were back at the hotel about 2 hours later and she came marching in (with a cook we assume), accusing us of not closing our bills out. Come to find out, she gave 2 people the same charge slip to sign and didn't run one of the cards she was given. Totally her error, but she never admitted her mistake or apologized and the manager was even worse! Needless to say, they lost out on our business for the next evening, so lost about $1000 in tabs. Will never return! Have never seen such a disrespectful establishment.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Marquette, Michigan, United States
“TVs ok but no reason to go here”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Nominally a sports venue, and the TVs are well placed and dispersed. Bar suggested we move rather than turn the big screen in our otherwise deserted section to hockey. They finally gave in on this. Server not particularly interested in us and food pretty ordinary. Popcorn shrimp app actually ok. Chili dog big but chili not particularly tasty. Chicken wrap had good components but oddly flat. Really nothing here to recommend the trip.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Williamsburg, Virginia
“About what you would expect from a bar I guess”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

This bar was within walking distance of my hotel and based on the reviews in TripAdvisor, I figured I would give it a try. Service was very prompt and efficient and pleasant. I had a beer and did some work on the free wifi, before ordering dinner. That is when things went a little down hill. I ordered a NY strip and took a bowl of chill to start. The chilli was luke warm at best, but a good size bowl. It tasted ok, but I suspect if came from a can. The steak was a good size but over cooked and not a good cut of meat. The fries were crispy but again not very warm. The food did not take long to come. Based on food alone I would rate this place poorly, but it is a bar, not a restaurant, so I can not rate it too badly. The bar looked nice and there were plenty of TV's and two pool tables.

• Visited September 2013