“The best authentic Chicken Pot pie” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 106 Restaurants in Okemos
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Sandwiches, Bakeries
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert
Description: The Okemos pie shop opened in November 2000. The shop is located in the upscale Meridian Crossing Development near Stillwater Grill and Starbucks. The owners like that the GT Pie Co. Has a family feel, rather than a corporate feel. A comfortable atmosphere awaits customers who come in for breakfast, lunch, dinner, gourmet coffee, take-home food, or just for dessert. Easy jazz is played during the day to help make your time at the pie shop more enjoyable. We have specialty items like grilled sandwiches, pot pies, quiches, and gourmet salads. We have frozen 9" and 6" pot pies available for home baking. Call ahead or ask when you stop in and we can have salad and soup ready for your take-home lunch or dinner. Don't forget about our dessert menu that includes Gourmet Pie (fruit and cream), cookies, muffins, apple turnovers, apple dumplings, brownies, lemon bars, and carrot cake, to name a few. All are hand-made from scratch daily. Call us for delivery of lunch/dinner or any special catering needs. We have sandwich platters, large salad and fruit bowls, box lunches and dessert platters available. We look forward to seeing you at our shop in Okemos!
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
“The best authentic Chicken Pot pie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

OMG! Never in my life had i been to a restaurant that specialized in pies/pot pies. It was located right across the street from the hotel i was staying in so i decided to try them for a quick lunch. Let's just say out of a four night stay ..i visited this restaurant 3 times. Simply Delicious!!!

Visited November 2012

Albany, NY
“Great Pies,”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I visited this restaurant while staying at the nearby Hampton Inn, while visiting my daughter at MSU for a weekend. I have not eaten any of their food but went specifically for their pies and was not disappointed. Since I learned that Michigan was a prime grower of cherries and blueberries I tried each of those types of pies I thought they were excellent. I look forward to trying other varieties at other times. Their chocolate hip cookies are also excellent and th price for a slice of pie--about $3--is amazing.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
East Lansing, Michigan
“OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Clean, neat, OK. We were Satisfied, but it didn't impress me all that much. IE: OK in a pinch, but not a place where I try to go. Sorry.

Lansing, Michigan
“'Sokay, I guess.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I always have pumpkin pie for my birthday and my husband was thoughtful enough to procure one that he thought would be exceptional, based on the reputation of this Bakery. The pie was fine, but I've had better (and worse).

Visited October 2012
Terrell, Texas
“Pie to die for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Great pie and salads and quiche and sandwiches and soup and more! Try the strawberry rhubarb crumb pie - it's the best!!

Visited June 2012