“fun place with fine food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 102 Restaurants in Okemos
Cuisines: American
Piscataway, New Jersey
“fun place with fine food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

The atmosphere is fun, filled with taxidermy. Food is good American food, including Great Lakes fish. Excellent beverages. Good service.

Visited March 2014

East Lansing, Michigan
“Racist Place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I, my Dad, my Brother, and a couple of his friends went here for dinner. I don't really remember what we got but the service was appalling to me. I would give them negative stars except the rating won't let you. There were about 7 of us and we were going to be taken care of by this waitress and a trainee. I was fine with this place at first until I and most of us heard her say to the trainee, "Don't worry, we don't usually get dirty mexicans in here a lot." She also said something else later on which I don't remember but it was also racially derogative. I don't really think it matters what race we are but if we are going to eat at an establishment, we do not want to be treated racist. We told our dad what we heard and he asked to speak to the manager. We told them what had happened but the manager didn't seem to care. They even ripped up our survey as we left. Now I am letting all of you know what happened. I would definitely not recommend going here.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
East Lansing, Michigan
“Pure Michigan!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Love Leos, great food and service. Burgers are great. Try and Great Lakes Surf and Turf, which includes a burger, fried smelt, and slaw. Another can't miss is the Pepperjack Crab Soup!

Visited October 2013
Jackson, Michigan
“Really enjoyed it - nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stopped after golf and sat at the bar. I really liked my Turkey Ranch Wrap but ordered the ranch on the side since I wasn't sure how much they would put on. It came with a bag of chips which I thought was a little tacky at first but I'll bet they aren't crushed as much that way - less waste. My husband ordered the fish and chips and said it was good although he prefers broiled fish. Since it was happy hour, our draft beers were on special. The atmosphere was nice - kind of old hunting lodge style. Clean. Friendy staff. menu offered lots to choose from, with good prices. There is a small outside seating area. We would stop again when in the area.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Perry, Michigan
“Best Long Islands”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

There's indoor and outdoor seating. The food is great and the have drink specials every day. Their long islands are excellent.

• Visited July 2013