“Great price for a huge room with nice amenities” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)

You added Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area) to your Saves list
Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3553 Meridian Crossings Drive, Okemos, MI 48864   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Okemos
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Port Huron, Michigan
“Great price for a huge room with nice amenities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

It is not always easy finding a comfortable room for a larger-than-average family. Staybridge is the place to go. For $150 we got a huge room with a full kitchen, nice fold-out sofa and two comfortable beds in a separate room. There are two tvs, so when it is time to chill out for the night, big kids can watch one thing; little kids another. The pool is adequate, not huge, but fine. The hot tub was not super hot, but fine. The breakfast is better than average and they even serve dinner on some nights. There are tons of restaurants very close by and there is plenty of room for eating in. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
MikeKent1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area), responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for the review! I enjoyed reading your review because you experienced Two Bedroom the way it was intended. For large families who like to be in one room!

We have had a few people mention the pool was cold on this particular weekend. I will check our logs and ensure the pool is staying at the correct temperature. We have to keep it with in a few degrees of the room but typically we do not hear that is a problem.

Thank you again and I we hope to take care of you again in the future!

Mike Kent

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Flint, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We recently stayed at this property for one night with our three children. The room was clean, comfortable, and well stocked. The woman at the front desk, Kirsten, I believe was very sweet and helpful. The kids complained about the pool temperature, but I did not persoanlly experience it. The breakfast was yummy and went above and beyonf most complimentary hotel breakfasts. Overall, I would highly recommend this property and would stay again if I were in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast! We just added some new items a few months ago and they have been a big hit! If you get a chance to come back on a weekday we do a Social dinner Tuesday through Thursday that is included in the price.

I am sorry the kids felt the pool was to cold, we try to keep it with a degree or 2 of the room tempature. We appreciate your input so we can adjust it a little to make it more comfortable.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This hotel was great! I don't know if this place is new, but it sure seemed it. Our room had 2 queen beds, a room for TV watching and a very nice kitchen. It was spotlessly clean. Very comfortable beds. B-fast was great. It had hot and cold items and even a bag to take food for later in the day. No question about it...this is the place you should stay. Oh and they also have a communal home theatre room!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
MikeKent1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area), responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you for your review! I love when guest's experience all the features the hotel offers. Be sure to come back this summer! We grill out on Wednesday nights and play games in the courtyard!

We look forward to taking care of you in the future!

Sault Sainte Marie, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

From check in to check out it was a great stay. Jason was top notch with customer service. Clean, comfortable and customer service was wonderful. The breakfast was great. The only thing they needed was cleaning wipes for the workout machines. We travel a lot and this was a great stay!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
MikeKent1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area), responded to this review, February 25, 2013
That is the grade we want! Thank you for your review! I will take your suggestion and add some cleaning wipes to the Fitness Center!

Northern Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Don't usually stay at a "longer stay" property, but we picked the Staybridge Suites based on previous reviews and a great rate. Very glad that we did, as the rooms are excellent and huge. We were booked into a 1-bedroom, 2-bed suite, but due to a reservation snafu, they didn't have that type of room available. Ryan at the front desk really stepped up and exceeded our expectations for solving the problem, giving us an extra studio suite right next to my room. We also felt genuinely welcomed by all of the staff at the hotel. Definitely enjoyed the morning breakfast and the indoor pool/hot tub, too. If we're ever back in the area, I'm sure we'd definitely come back to the Staybridge Suites.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for trying the Staybridge! I am glad you enjoyed our large rooms and breakfast! We have made a lot of upgrades to the breakfast!

I was very happy to hear we corrected your reservation issue and went above what you expected to make things right! We can not prevent all issues but we can always go above and beyond to fix them! I will pass on to Ryan your compliments!

Thank you again, and we look forward to accomodating you in the future!

Champlin, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I was at the Staybridge in Okemos from mid-July 2012 until early-January 2013. The staff continually went out of their way to make my stay more enjoyable. Wayne, the night desk person, always made a pot of coffee for me around 4:30am so I could enjoy a cup while checking the internet prior to leaving for work. Another of the night staff offered to start my car when the windows were frosted over! The ladies that work in the kitchen preparing breakast always have smiles on their faces and are extremely pleasant. The Social Evening Receptions on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays are awesome ways to meet the other residents and spend time with Malinda Barr, the Sales Manager. I especially enjoyed the salads because they were always so fresh and had lots of variety. Thank you for making my stay such a pleasant experience!

Room Tip: My room was on the upper level on the patio side. Very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
MikeKent1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area), responded to this review, January 11, 2013
I am happy to hear you had a great experience with us and thank you for sharing it! We truly value all our guest's but we really enjoy our guest's that stay for long periods of time like yourself! I will be sure to pass on a congratulations to the team members you noted.

I am also happy to hear you enjoyed our new Social menu which includes the salad bar you mentioned!

Fishers, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for a weekend. I came back to town for a high school reunion. Perfect stay. Lovely room. Took advantage of the court yard. Absolutely relaxing. Used grills for steak. Was almost like being at a resort. Would definitely stay again if ever in the area.

• Stayed July 2012
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to accomodating you again in the future!

Been to Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)? Share your experiences!