“Great Property and Outstanding Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)

Save Saved
You added Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area) to your Saves list
Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3553 Meridian Crossings Drive, Okemos, MI 48864   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Okemos
Northern Virginia
“Great Property and Outstanding Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Don't usually stay at a "longer stay" property, but we picked the Staybridge Suites based on previous reviews and a great rate. Very glad that we did, as the rooms are excellent and huge. We were booked into a 1-bedroom, 2-bed suite, but due to a reservation snafu, they didn't have that type of room available. Ryan at the front desk really stepped up and exceeded our expectations for solving the problem, giving us an extra studio suite right next to my room. We also felt genuinely welcomed by all of the staff at the hotel. Definitely enjoyed the morning breakfast and the indoor pool/hot tub, too. If we're ever back in the area, I'm sure we'd definitely come back to the Staybridge Suites.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
MikeKent1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area), responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for trying the Staybridge! I am glad you enjoyed our large rooms and breakfast! We have made a lot of upgrades to the breakfast!

I was very happy to hear we corrected your reservation issue and went above what you expected to make things right! We can not prevent all issues but we can always go above and beyond to fix them! I will pass on to Ryan your compliments!

Thank you again, and we look forward to accomodating you in the future!

91 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Champlin, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I was at the Staybridge in Okemos from mid-July 2012 until early-January 2013. The staff continually went out of their way to make my stay more enjoyable. Wayne, the night desk person, always made a pot of coffee for me around 4:30am so I could enjoy a cup while checking the internet prior to leaving for work. Another of the night staff offered to start my car when the windows were frosted over! The ladies that work in the kitchen preparing breakast always have smiles on their faces and are extremely pleasant. The Social Evening Receptions on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays are awesome ways to meet the other residents and spend time with Malinda Barr, the Sales Manager. I especially enjoyed the salads because they were always so fresh and had lots of variety. Thank you for making my stay such a pleasant experience!

Room Tip: My room was on the upper level on the patio side. Very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
MikeKent1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area), responded to this review, January 11, 2013
I am happy to hear you had a great experience with us and thank you for sharing it! We truly value all our guest's but we really enjoy our guest's that stay for long periods of time like yourself! I will be sure to pass on a congratulations to the team members you noted.

I am also happy to hear you enjoyed our new Social menu which includes the salad bar you mentioned!

Fishers, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for a weekend. I came back to town for a high school reunion. Perfect stay. Lovely room. Took advantage of the court yard. Absolutely relaxing. Used grills for steak. Was almost like being at a resort. Would definitely stay again if ever in the area.

• Stayed July 2012
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to accomodating you again in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

All suite hotel, super clean, extremely comfortable, along with friendly and accommodating staff, you truly won't find that at any other hotel in the Lansing Okemos area. Hot breakfast buffet, excellent "social" with a light satisfying dinner to make any guest feel like they're right at home, a "pantry" full of great eats and treats priced right so you don't have to leave the hotel if you're in relax mode and lounging around for the day. Not to mention their modern stylish rooms equipped with a full kitchen, full sized refrigerator, flat screen TV, and comfortable mattress. Very much recommended to anyone traveling to the Lansing-Okemos area. Thank you Staybridge!

• Stayed December 2012
MikeKent1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area), responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for your review! You certainly know the highlights of a Staybridge! I am happy you enjoyed the ammenities we have to offer! We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip back to East Lansing!
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel And the staff is very friendly and helpful. We had some problems but the staff worked very hard to make things right. Our original reservation had one of the two bedroom suites canceled without notifying us. The night manager worked with me and gave me two other rooms at the same price as the original reservation.
Upon checkin we found dirty dishes and towels in one of the rooms. The general manager gave us half off of one night's bill for the room.

It was Thanksgiving day and the hotel was not ready for the crowd at breakfast. One person was trying to keep everything stocked both mornings we were there. It was a struggle and several people waited a long time for food and drink and utensils and dishes. Despite that, the food was good and there were plenty of options.

The rooms are very nice with comfortable furniture. Fully equipped kitchens including ice makers in the fridge. The pool and hot tub are good sized and in their own building so no chlorine smell in the hotel.

Everyone we met was extremely friendly and made us feel welcome. Our daughter is doing her residency at two local hospitals for the next four years. We will go back to Staybridge Suites in Okemos, MI.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
MikeKent1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area), responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for your review. I recall your group and am glad we had a chance to speak! I am sorry you had some problems with your reservation and your room not being up to our standards. On a positve note I am glad the team took quick action and looked for a immediate fix to the problem! I also agree we were not ready for the amount of guest's on Thanksgiving morning. We typically try to staff back on Holiday's as they are usually slow and we want our staff to enjoy some time at home. However, we will be much more prepaired for the upcoming Holiday's and staff more people. I am glad you did enjoyed the breakfast once you got some of it!

I look forward to accomodating your group on your next trip to Okemos. Feel free to contact me directly and I will ensure your reservations are set!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We stayed here while visiting my son at MSU for a week.
We had a 2 bedroom suite. 1 king bed and 2 queens.
We really enjoyed our stay here.
The staff were super friendly and helpful.
The breakfast was great.
We didn't use the pool so can't comment on that.
The rooms were very clean with everything you could want.
The manager went out of her way to make sure we had everything we needed.
We will certainly stay here again while coming to visit our son.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us! I also appreciate that you took the time to give us your review. Our two bedroom suite is great for a family as it provides room for everyone to spread out and get comfortable. We look forward to your next trip to Okemos/ East Lansing!

Upper Marlboro, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for four nights on a extended weekend. The room was spacious & clean. The bed was VERY comfortable. The staff was nice, attentive, & professional. The pool and hot tub was clean. I have no complaints at all; even the breakfast was decent. I definitely will be staying there again the next time i'm in that area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
MikeKent1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area), responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for giving us your review! I am happy you enjoyed all aspects of your stay! We are designed for travelers coming in for a few days. Which is why we have spacious rooms, full refridgerators, and stocked kitchens. So you feel at home!

We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Okemos!

Mike Kent

Been to Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)? Share your experiences!