“Very nice place despite a few problems” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)

You added Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area) to your Saves list
Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3553 Meridian Crossings Drive, Okemos, MI 48864   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Special Weekend Rate!
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Okemos
Indiana
“Very nice place despite a few problems”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel And the staff is very friendly and helpful. We had some problems but the staff worked very hard to make things right. Our original reservation had one of the two bedroom suites canceled without notifying us. The night manager worked with me and gave me two other rooms at the same price as the original reservation.
Upon checkin we found dirty dishes and towels in one of the rooms. The general manager gave us half off of one night's bill for the room.

It was Thanksgiving day and the hotel was not ready for the crowd at breakfast. One person was trying to keep everything stocked both mornings we were there. It was a struggle and several people waited a long time for food and drink and utensils and dishes. Despite that, the food was good and there were plenty of options.

The rooms are very nice with comfortable furniture. Fully equipped kitchens including ice makers in the fridge. The pool and hot tub are good sized and in their own building so no chlorine smell in the hotel.

Everyone we met was extremely friendly and made us feel welcome. Our daughter is doing her residency at two local hospitals for the next four years. We will go back to Staybridge Suites in Okemos, MI.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
MikeKent1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area), responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for your review. I recall your group and am glad we had a chance to speak! I am sorry you had some problems with your reservation and your room not being up to our standards. On a positve note I am glad the team took quick action and looked for a immediate fix to the problem! I also agree we were not ready for the amount of guest's on Thanksgiving morning. We typically try to staff back on Holiday's as they are usually slow and we want our staff to enjoy some time at home. However, we will be much more prepaired for the upcoming Holiday's and staff more people. I am glad you did enjoyed the breakfast once you got some of it!

I look forward to accomodating your group on your next trip to Okemos. Feel free to contact me directly and I will ensure your reservations are set!

Mike Kent

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We stayed here while visiting my son at MSU for a week.
We had a 2 bedroom suite. 1 king bed and 2 queens.
We really enjoyed our stay here.
The staff were super friendly and helpful.
The breakfast was great.
We didn't use the pool so can't comment on that.
The rooms were very clean with everything you could want.
The manager went out of her way to make sure we had everything we needed.
We will certainly stay here again while coming to visit our son.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us! I also appreciate that you took the time to give us your review. Our two bedroom suite is great for a family as it provides room for everyone to spread out and get comfortable. We look forward to your next trip to Okemos/ East Lansing!

Upper Marlboro, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for four nights on a extended weekend. The room was spacious & clean. The bed was VERY comfortable. The staff was nice, attentive, & professional. The pool and hot tub was clean. I have no complaints at all; even the breakfast was decent. I definitely will be staying there again the next time i'm in that area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
MikeKent1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area), responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for giving us your review! I am happy you enjoyed all aspects of your stay! We are designed for travelers coming in for a few days. Which is why we have spacious rooms, full refridgerators, and stocked kitchens. So you feel at home!

We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Okemos!

Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed at this property while working on a contract job in the area, and I felt right at home with the staff. The rooms were always spotless...the breakfast bar had hot food AND real fruit...and the evening Sunsetter always had a salad available.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to give us your review! I am very happy to hear the hotel was like home! That is our goal to make our guest's feel like family.

It is also great to hear you enjoyed the breakfast and Social! We have rolled out new menu's and they have got great reviews. We are always trying new things that our guest's ask us for!

We look forward to welcoming you if you come back to Lansing in the future!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed at this property for 2 nights and, overall, had a very good experience. I stayed at one of their suites and found the room VERY spacious, clean and comfortable. I had limited amount of interactions with reception staff but found them courteous. My only suggestion to the hotel is to improve their breakfast bar, which is rather limited in choices. I was attending a conference at the Holiday Inn Express across the road and I can attest to the fact that the breakfast at Holiday Inn was far better in terms of quality and diversity. All in all, a nice stay and I will go back.

Room Tip: Get a suite.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
MikeKent1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area), responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for your review! We have rolled out a new breakfast and are constantly working to improve it! I would love for you to contact me directly and let me know what items you would like to see added to our breakfast! We have items that go over well certain days and items that seem not to be well liked. We want every day to be a perfect breakfast!

Thank you for your loyalty to IHG and we look forward to serving you in the future!

Mike.kent@ahm-hotels.com
Saginaw, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We would recommend this hotel. This was just a one-night stay for my wife, teenage daughter, and myself for a campus visit at MSU. We arrived early and our room was not ready yet, which was no big deal. The clerk at the desk had housekeeping schedule it to be cleaned next to help us out. They were sold out of 2 bedroom suites so we had a 1 bedroom suite and our daughter slept on the sofa bed (she said it was "ok" as far as comfort). The king bed was fine. There was a full kitchen (which we really didn't need) and the room was huge. It would have been very comfortable for an extended stay. They had a nice breakfast with hot food in the morning. There was plenty of seating but some folks were eating at a leisurely pace so we could not find anyplace to sit. One of the staff showed us the unoccupied TV viewing room and told us we could eat in there, which was great. We asked for a little extra time past checkout time (teenage daughter, shower, you do the math) and were told that was no problem. Our only complaint was the room seemed really warm, even though it was only about 60 degrees outside. We were afraid to turn on the A/C for fear we'd freeze in the middle of the night. We kept the fan running on high without the A/C and the room was still a bit stuffy in the morning.

Room Tip: We've learned to ask for top floor rooms so we don't have loud people on the floor above us.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for giving us your feed back on your stay with us! I am happy to hear you enjoyed our breakfast! We just rolled out a new line of options for breakfast and dinner. We are always looking for ways to improve it and make it a high quality breakfast. I am sorry you did not get to experience our Two bedroom suite which sounds as if it would have been a perfect fit! Next time you come to town please contact me directly and I will do my best to see you get one!

Saint Joseph, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stayed for mSU game. We had the conference king bedroom suite. Very nice size room and clean. Bed and foldout were comfortable and sheets were clean. Staff was nice and prompt when asking for things. Kids took advantage of the theatre room on the main level, watching Kung fu panda. The pool was really small. When we went there, people were playing volleyball. They were nice enough to ask us o play but our kids were a lot smaller than them. It would've been nice if the pool were big enough to let the kids play while they played their game. All of The pool towels were thrown on the ground in a wet puddle. We salvaged the top ones not wet but the towels themselves were like thin oversized wash cloths! I would recommend just asking for extra room towels and bring them with you to the pool. I would also recommend requesting the top floor. We stayed on the 2nd floor and we heard people's footsteps, walking back and forth until 4 in the morning. If pools are your thing, I would try the holiday inn express (see my review on the Okemos location). Otherwise, a nice hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for giving us your feed back! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your Suite! They are very spacious and allow our guest's the ability to spread out and relax. Thank you for letting us know about the pool towels. We are now checking the pool area more often and to ensure towels are well stocked and set up in a nice presentation.

Mike Kent

Been to Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)? Share your experiences!