“Very Disappointing, Over Priced for the Food” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Lansing, Michigan
“Very Disappointing, Over Priced for the Food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

My husband and I went here for a birthday celebration with great anticipation. Hadn't been in a while and were looking forward to a good meal-- unfortunately we were disappointed. When we arrived at 8:00 on a Saturday night it was dead -- maybe 12 people in the dining room; three or four at the bar. We were seated promptly and greeted by our server within a reasonable time. We ordered the seared scallops for an appetizer (really, 3 medium scallops for $15 dollars?). We ordered the filet and blackened swordfish -- steak was cooked to order, but had a strong seasoning which overpowered the meat. The blackened swordfish was seasoned with WAY too much rosemary (which isn't even part of blackened seasoning) -- which ruined the flavor. The server did offer to have it made over, which we declined. The meat/fish were hot, the potatoes and veggies not so much. The server was pleasant enough, however, never asked if we wanted salad and after waiting 15-20 minutes we asked for bread; which we did get (but didn't get any butter). Bottom line, even with a free entree' coupon, spent too much for poor food. Won't be going back. This place is dying.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Toledo, Ohio
“Disappointing, all pretense and no performance”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012 via mobile

Im sure a lot of people give this place good reviews because the place is decorated fancy. It does look nice, but the food is TERRIBLE. Steak burned on one side to a hard shoe leather crisp, with no seasoning. Got a side of scallops that were supposed to be seared but were barely warm through, and had no coloring or browning at all, also unseasoned, and for 4 bucks each they were barely the size of a quarter. Soup was super oily and veggies were unbelievably greasy. They should pay less attention to the fancy decor, and focus o. Improving the food

Howell, Michigan
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

Great service and our appetizers (French Onion Soup and a salad) were tasty. My steak and my wife's duck were high quality. My Au Gratin Spuds were the best I've ever had. I cannot wait to go there again. My only complaint was that they were a little slow on the delivery, but that's no big deal. I highly recommend.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lansing
“Is this place still open?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

I went there with my husband. The waitress complained that the place had been dead and the food quality had been worsened. I couldn't believe that I heard this from an employees lips but I was most appreciative. The place looks corporate but feels like a run down ma and pa restaurant.

Visited January 2012
Chelsea, Michigan
“Great steaks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

steaks are very good. Good atmosphere. Also, have wonderful mashed potatoes