“Pretty terrible hotel for business travel.” 2 of 5 stars

Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #10 of 15 hotels in Novi
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Pretty terrible hotel for business travel.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

This hotel is pretty terrible for business travel. The fitness center is a joke - very little and broken equipment. I sent this to Marriott and they were completely unfazed. They said they had all of the corporately required pieces...so that is precisely three: one bike, one elliptical, one treadmill. I also woke to the dumpster being emptied at 5.50 AM. Pretty awful experience. I won't be back.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Bonnie R, Property Coordinator at Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Novi, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay at the Novi Courtyard last year. Since then, we have completely renovated our hotel. We have all new guest rooms and public areas, including the fitness center. We hope to see you again soon.

50 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Mississauga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Just as it says in the title, overall I enjoyed the stay. The beds were very comfortable, and everyone had a good sleep. It is also rather quiet, meaning minimum noise from roads. The TV however, isn't exactly the latest model, and there was almost nothing to watch. The room itself is clean too. I also enjoyed the breakfast buffet. This hotel has a pool, but it's not very big. There is also a hot tub, and it's really hot. One of the main things is that the hotel has free Wi-fi and a printer on the first floor. It was very convenient because we were able to find and print out some maps. One of the downsides though, is that on the lower floors, you can hear it when somebody flushes a toilet on the floors above you.

Room Tip: It's better to ask for a room on the 3rd or 4th floor, because you can hear it when somebody flu...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of the Courtyard by Marriott Detroit-Novi. We recently finished renovating the hotel and hope to see you again soon. Thank you for choosing the Novi Courtyard!
Muncie, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed there for the asa girls softball nationals. It was an average hotel. Staff and pool was nice. Bed was comfortable. I usually have problems with my back in most hotel beds but not this one. It was ok for the first couple nights but I find it hard to stay for several nights in a hotel without a fridge and microwave and I've stayed in hotels for the same price that do offer both. TV was old and didn't work very well...took forever to change the channel. AC worked well. Didn't pay the $10 for the breakfast so don't know how it was. All in all I would stay there again for a night or two but not for the week.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of the Courtyard by Marriott Detroit-Novi. We recently completed renovations of the whole hotel, and hope to see you again soon!
Big Rapids, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We had a problem upon check in - a mix up with the reservation - and Ruthie the supervisor on staff did an excellent job of handling it and getting us a room.
Very nice location - good food close by.
Great for Business Travel in the area. Rooms are clean and staff was great.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review and comments on the Novi Courtyard, I apologize for the problem you experienced upon check-in. We have just finished renovations of the whole hotel, and hope to see you again soon!
Grand Rapids, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We found the hotel to be average, nothing special. The room had a musty smell to it and an old tube TV. Also the bathroom towels could use to be upgraded they seemed like they could have been the same ones since the place opened. Other than that the room was great, I found the bed to be very comfy. I didnt get a chance to experience the breakfast because I caught the tail end of it, but from what I could tell it looked way better than any other hotel breakfest I've had. By far the best part was the check in process, Ruthy was over the top amazing! Normaly for a late evening check in I have found the front desk personal are normal half asleep and disinterested, Ruthy was amazing! She made us feel welcome and at home.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of the Novi Courtyard. The hotel has just completd renovations, including all brand new flat screen TV's. Thank you for choosing the Novi Courtyard and we hope to see you again soon!
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

When unpacking we realized my husband had forgotten his anti-snore mouth device. I thought I'd been in for 2 sleepless nights, but thanks to the excellence of the room I slept like a baby. The bed was great, as was the choice of pillows. The room was able to be made very dark
and the ac was quiet. Who could ask for more? The staff were pleasant and available. The breakfast room was superb. A totally enjoyable stay!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Matthew S, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Novi, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with this wonderful review. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us and we are so glad that it was such a wonderful experience. We look forward to seeing you again and appreciate all the feedback!!

Katherine Hostetter
Guest Relations Manager
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

Stayed here on business several times over the years. The location is perfect with several very good restaurants close by, you really have your choice of dining. This hotel is not real fancy, but it has always been clean and the service has been great. Upon check in, Ruthy gave me a suggestion to eat at Diamond Jim's Bistro, which I proceeded to have my first Whitefish dinner, it was excellent. It always seems busy and this time a group of young volleyball players and their families occupied most of the hotel. They have a breakfast here, although I've never participated. There is an indoor pool, which seems to be popular with the small children and their parents. My room included a flat screen TV, in room coffee, hide a bed and best of all, a small refrigerator, which was very handy. I've tried some of the other hotels around the area and I keep going back.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Matthew S, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Novi, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Thank-You So Much For Your Response!

First Off, I Am So Thankful That You Took The Time To Commend One Of Our Employees By Name. As She Is One Of The Many Strong Employees We Have, This Response Will Be A Great Notice To All Employees On How Our Work Can Leave A Greater Impact On The Guests.

Second, Thank-You So Much For The Fantastic Review! We Continue To Work Every Day To Better Ourselves And Our Hotel. If We Do Such, Then People Like Yourself Will Keep Coming Back And Recommend Us To Your Family And Friends.

As I Like To Tell All Of Our Guests Who Take The Time To Provide Us With A Review, Please Let Yourself Be Known The Next Time You Come. We Can Take The Time To Show Our Appreciation In Person!

Hope You Are Having A Wonderful And We Look Forward To Your Next Stay With Us!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Novi? Share your experiences!