“Functional place, friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   21555 Haggerty Road, Novi, MI 48375 (Formerly Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #7 of 15 hotels in Novi
N California
“Functional place, friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

This was our first experience with Extended Stay, and it's important to understand the tradeoffs. More like staying in a lower-end condo than a hotel, but that was ok with us for the reasonable price. No maid service for a week. Kitchen with full size refrigerator, dishes, etc. No pool, spa, or fitness room, etc. The location was not too bad for road noise, but my wife was bothered by the refrigerator humming in the room. You can ask at the desk for items such as shampoo, or individual size packets of dish detergent. Carpet was a little worn, but room was clean. Entrance sign is somewhat hard to see after dark. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms are further from parking lot noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for your review of our property. I am so glad that you enjoyed the in-room kitchen and our hotel's location. Still, I am sorry that refrigerator made some noise. Please know, our maintenance staff is looking into this issue and will make repairs as needed. It pleases me to know that our staff provided you with friendly and helpful service.

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again.

64 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Montgomery, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

This was my first time staying at an Extended Stay America property. I was surprised at how nice the location, the room and the staff all were during my stay. I will have this location at the top of my list the next time I visit the Detroit Metro Area! - Jerome

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that our staff and the location put us on the top of your list when you next visit the area. Thank you again for your review, we look forward to seeing you again!
New Castle, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I was admittedly worried about having to stay at a two-star hotel in a suburb of Detroit, but this property was a real delight for its two-star status.

The hotel clamors for Trip Advisor reviews immediately upon entrance.

The property had everything one needed for a stay, including a decent bed, flat screen with cable, hot water, etc. It also comes equipped with a full kitchen (minus oven) and sets of cookware and plates. A bonus was the "grab and go" breakfast, which is right by the front desk and consisted of coffee, fruit, oatmeal packets, and oatmeal bars. Because I eat oatmeal on a daily basis, this was perfect for me. Free internet too.

All staff members were exceedingly friendly and professional and it felt as though they were being genuine, which was a great change.

A little off-putting to have to be buzzed in upon our late arrival the first night, but I guess that goes with the territory nowadays. Another downside was placement in a handicapped room, despite the fact that we were not handicapped and had not requested it.

Guests are treated to a free "welcome basket" upon registering in which popcorn, toothbrushes, toothpaste, and shampoo appear (note: only hard soap is provided in the room).

All sorts of chain restaurants and stores within a mile, as well as a 20+ screen movie theater (south on Haggerty, right about at Six Mile).

As a runner, I was more than pleased to discover a multi-mile (as in 20+) bike trail paralleling I-275, although it is not signed at all. What you need to do if you want to take advantage is head to a major intersection on Haggerty (8 Mile, 7 Mile, 6 Mile, etc.) and look for the nondescript paved path by 275. The path parallels the freeway but does make you cross every one of the major streets with a stoplight and you'll need to watch out for motorists exiting from the off-ramps, as they seem to have little regard for users of the trail (I was almost hit three times during my three runs by cars turning right on reds without stopping or looking and none of the motorists seemed at all shocked or surprised at nearly hitting me).

All-in-all, this property is a great deal and highly recommended! Know that it isn't luxurious in any way, but it is clean, fresh, and pleasant.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Mark - Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that the staff and I were able to meet and exceed your expectations. I am also so pleased that you enjoyed our hotel's location, especially the trails nearby and other establishments in the area. As we strive to provide a "home away from home" to our guests, it's rewarding to read such comments about our property and staff.

Thank you again for your kind comments. We look forward to seeing you again!
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

This hotel is special and what makes it special is the staffs who work here. Clean rooms, safe location and great people. Initially i moved here for just two months but I ended up staying much longer than that. I loved my stay here now I kind of miss it! Would like to Thank Don, Candice, Tonya, Izak, Andre and other staff members for making my hotel experience very memorable! - Ujjwal

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such rewarding comments about all of us and our property. It was a great pleasure to have you with us for an extended period of time. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed here for one night. Our room was very large (it included a kitchen), clean, and comfortable. The only admittedly minor complaint I had was that the bed was queen sized - we prefer a king. The rate was extremely fair ($75-ish/night) as was the non-refundable pet fee ($25/night). The few other area hotels which accepted pets charged a non-refundable fee of at least $100/night which I think is exorbitant. I did not try the breakfast. The hotel is right off the highway and close to several restaurants. All in all, I would stay here again and highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our pet policy and the room you stayed in. We tuly enjoyed having you stay with us. Thank you again for choosing Extended Stay Hotels.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Booked last minute because of no other vacancies pleasant surprise simple but clean and nice size rooms great coffee at breakfast claims of Michigans best coffee were made. I might not be qualified to judge that. Nice place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm so pleased to hear that we were a pleasant surprise, especially because of our spacious rooms and grab and go breakfast complete with some great coffee!

Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here for a one night get away after going to a concert. Room was big, bed was small ( double? maybe a queen??) Room was clean. This hotel would probably be good if you wanted to be able to have a kitchen, or were staying for a couple of days (big room, coffee table, lazy boy chair). Location is good, right on the border of Northville and Novi, at 8 mile. My husband travels a lot for work and was not impressed. One of the main reasons I picked this hotel over the others similarily priced was the "fee breakfast"- which was packaged bars/ fruit/ coffee, not even juice.Again, probably good hotel if you are cooking in your own room or getting breakfast some where else. Breakfast was more like a snack.
We check in around 11:30pm and there was no one at the desk, a maid gave us our key, kinda surprising, but again, this is a good hotel for business stay, this wouldn't be my first choice for a romantic overnight.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. We appreciate the kind comments about our clean rooms and great location; however, we apologize that our "grab and go" breakfast was not as plentiful as you would have liked. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have spoken with our staff about maintaining a stronger presence at the front desk during the later evening hours, to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at mtomaszewski @extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road? Share your experiences!