“Pleasantly Surprised - - Bravo to the STAFF” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road

You added Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   21555 Haggerty Road, Novi, MI 48375 (Formerly Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Novi
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Pleasantly Surprised - - Bravo to the STAFF”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

When I checked into my first room at the Extended Stay, I must admit that the guest before me may have been cooking more than he should have - a lingering greasy diner smell hung in the air. Unfortunately the hotel was sold out and I was unable to move that night - - the front desk clerk made it very clear that he would ensure I was moved the next day. I left for work in the morning and returned that evening and was told by Izak that my new room was ready. The room was great - clean, fresh smelling and cozy! Izak personally made it his job to ensure that my stat was the best possible. I was also amazed that nearly every person that walked through that lobby was greeted by NAME by Izak!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for your post. I want to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced when you checked in. I am so sorry there were odor issues in your room. It's great to hear that Izak got that resolved as soon as possible and you were able to enjoy a new room. Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Novi.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Saving to buy a house I came across this hotel. I was worried at first as I stayed here about 5 years ago and it was terrible at the time. What a difference new management has made! New flat screen TV's, beds and updates have breathed new life into the place. It is MUCH cleaner than before and the staff are just brilliant!

Ive been here since March with only one issue, a toilet thawouldn'tnt flush properly. Management had a maintenance person there that day and he replaced all the internals. Can't ask for more than that!

The rooms have a kitchenette which serves most of my needs. I wished it had an oven as I like to cook, so I bought a tabletop oven.

Recently they started offering a free continental breakfast of oatmeal, muffruit friut, granola bars and (good) coffee. This is a great value add, especially as their prices are so reasonable. The location is right nearrestaurantsruants, Meijers and a main freeway (without the sound of freeway traffic).

I expect to stay here till June 2013 and really believe you can't beat the value and service of this place!

Room Tip: There is an elevator, however I prefer the ground floor if you are staying for an extended period. I...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you very much for your recent posting. I want to start by thanking you for your continued business. We value you as our guest and greatly appreciate all of your feedback. I am so happy to hear you are pleased with the upgrades we have made to the hotel including our new Grab and Go breakfast. Thank you again for choosing our hotel in Novi.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I have been staying off and on with this establishment (3 months on, 3 months off) ever since April of 2010, and have found it to be a very affordable place to live. As a college student / intern, the rates are quite good for the services provided. The rooms are kept clean, the furniture is comfortable, and the staff (Don, Izak, Andre, and all the rest of the wonderful group here) seem very committed to making sure that the stay is as comfortable as possible. Any maintenance requests filed are worked on promptly, often within the same day.

The only qualm I have has been the somewhat lackluster internet. Wi-Fi is mandatory here- there are no cable connections- and occasionally signal quality can be unstable. The speeds are also not the fastest (although I must admit I am used to an extremely fast university connection, so I might be biased in this regard).

In summary, I have been quite happy with my stay at Extended Stay over the past two years. The only thing bringing this review to 4 stars are my difficulties with the internet.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
I read your recent review and wanted to personally respond. First, I want to thank you for your ongoing business. We are so happy to have you staying with us. It's always rewarding to hear our guests share that our staff are prompt, helpful and courteous. Thank you for sharing that. I want to apologize for your issues with our wireless. We are looking at this across all of our hotels and specifically at hotels with a high volume of traffic. I appreciate you bringing it to our attention. Thank you again for your business.
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I work as a travel nurse and I sometimes work in the area. I stayed at the Extended Stay in Novi for the first time. I can promise you that I will be back again and again. Izak at the front desk greeted me with a smile and did his best to accommodate me with whatever I needed. The room was clean and kept well. It was also nice and quiet and that is what I need when Im traveling for work. Izak also called the room to make sure that I was comfortable and that all my needs were met. I was very happy with my stay, and the staff.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for your kind review. I am so happy to hear you were comfortable and taken care of at our Extended Stay America on Haggerty Road. I appreciate you sharing your feedback. We look forward to having you back when you are next in the area!
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed at an Extended Stay America for 6-weeks while waiting to close on my new Townhouse. On the 2nd day I started getting bites all over my legs. They looked like gigantic welts. I showed them to the hotel manager; they checked out my room and said that nothing was wrong. I had an alergic reaction to the bites and felt like something was crawling all over me for the entire stay. On the 5th week I noticed blood on the sheets and insisted being moved to another room. I had to leave some of my personal belongings behinds for an exterminator to check out. Also, I had to wash all of my clothing in hot water and dry them on a hot setting. An insurance adjuster for the hotel contacted me and all they offered in the way of compensation is the replacement cost of my pellow and two nights stay. All together I spent around $2,000.00 for the 6-weeks of lodging. I also had a company come to my new Townhouse to make sure that I did not bring any of the bed bugs with me. Needless to say, this was one of the worst expeneriences I have gone through in my entire life!

Room Tip: If you suspect that bed bugs may be in your room insist on being moved right away, or find other lod...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
I received a copy of your review and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Given our company's committment to superior guest satisfaction and cleanliness, I was disheartened to read of your experience with us. I want to start by sincerly apologizing for the situation you experienced. Your experience was truly regrettable. I absolutely understand the inconvenience, frustration and concern that accompanies that type of issue. We have a very extensive process and specific procedures on how we handle pests in our guest rooms. We take these issues very seriously. While our team did follow policy, that does not negate the fact that you experienced the problem. I sincerely apologize for all the trouble you encountered. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me or any member of our hotel management staff. I appreciate you sharing your experience and your feedback.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I have been on business for the past month and will be for the next two/three months. Every time I have checked in, friendly and courteous staff greets me and they ask how things are with the room and if I need anything else to make my stay(s) better. The room is always clean, comfortable and equipped with anything that I would need. The bed is very good and I have no trouble falling asleep. Anytime that I am in the Detroit area, this is where I will stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
I wanted to personally thank you for your very kind review. I really appreciate the great comments you made regarding our hotel and staff at this hotel. We work hard to provide a home away from home experience for our guests so your feedback is very rewarding. I am very pleased to hear you sleep well when at our hotel. That's very important. Thank you for your continued business. We appreciate it.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

The finest aspect of any hotel should often be the customer service, and the staff here exemplify the meaning of customer service.

Izak has taken the idea of customer service, perfected it, and then made it better. His level of professionalism and devotion to a superior level of hospitality is unparalleled. No doubt he has chosen the correct field for himself and he will go far.

I would be remiss if I did not also mention and extend kudos to a couple of other staff members who have made my stay here so enjoyable. Tanya is so lively and funny, down to earth, friendly, and a joy to talk to. Andre is also an asset to the team...he is witty, helpful, and always let's me know when I have mail.

I even enjoy the cleaning and maintenance personnel, two of which I have talked at length with about their pets!

If you're looking for a highly dedicated staff, this is the place to go!

This hotel also gets high marks from me for it's location, conveniently situated close to major highways but far enough away that I don't hear them (I am an extremely light sleeper). There are more restaurants within a 5-minute drive than you could begin to count, and countless other stores, too: Meijer, Biggby's, gas stations, Trader Joe's, Benihana's, Coney Island, McDonald's, and the list goes on and on... I don't think this hotel could be located in a more perfect spot for convenience to local amenities and still maintain a balance of being in a quiet area for sleeping. It's perfect.

As far as amenities go within the hotel, I am highly satisfied. There is a washer/dryer room here which is convenient, (if not exactly cheap). There isn't a workout room, but the hotel is located less than a block from the nearest LifeTime Fitness, so that means convenient access for most people. I love that the hotel provides a pot, pan, and dishes for use while here, and having a stove is great for people on longer visits.

My favorite amenity, though, is the brand new coffee bar they bring out each morning! Two coffee choices, hot water (with hot cocoa or tea packets to choose from), fresh fruit, breakfast bars, oatmeal, and muffins! This brand new bonus has become something like a watering hole--people gather briefly in the morning, say hello to one another, and then go on their merry way.

All of these fantastic features are wrapped up in one building with a fresh coat of paint. The building received an external makeover recently with new paint and a renewed parking lot. The company has done well to keep the building looking great and feeling like a home away from home.

I highly recommend Extended Stay America's Novi location for exceptional attention to customer service, appearance, and overall value.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Wow, all I can say many times over is thank you. Thank you so much for your incredible review of our Extended Stay America on Haggerty Road. You speak so highly of the staff, location and amenities - thank you so much for your sharing all of your feedback. We are so happy you chose to stay with us. We appreciate your business and your glowing comments about our hotel and staff. It's terrific that you like the new exterior paint, parking lot and upgrades especailly our Grab and Go breakfast. Thank you again.

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road? Share your experiences!