“Professional staff and a few issues to boot” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Novi
USA
“Professional staff and a few issues to boot”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

Aside from a few issues, this was a very pleasant stay.

The hotel front desk staff were professional and quite courteous the entire time. However, none of the front desk staff knew how to navigate the cumbersome log in process for guest computer access. It took a higher level manager to show me how to log in. Believe me, it's not easy until you figure it out!

I ate dinner one night at the hotel's restaurant and it was pretty good, including the service.

The only other small issue was that housekeeping didn't make up my room in the morning, as they usually did. I arrived back at my room at 3:30 PM and discovered this. At that point I was tired and wanted to take a nap. I didn't want HK to come by at that time and when I told the front desk staff that I'd like HK to come by at 7:00 PM, they wouldn't. They claimed that the house was full the previous night. What's more important--the previous guest's room or my room??

Finally, the walls of my room were paper thin on both sides. This is unacceptable to me at any hotel. Glad my neighbor across the way had a good time with his mistress (I knew the guy).

• Stayed August 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

Stayed here last month and it was great.the hotel is spotless.and the staff is flawless.upbeat and friendly and very welcoming.i would recommend this hotel to everyone looking for one in the Novi Michigan area.

Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

I put my folks up when coming to town, and they have stayed at a lot of nice places in their day and remarked how good the service was, and how comfortable the rooms were. They stayed on my Starwood points, and were treated very graciously, and even placed on a preferred floor with a wonderful full breakfast buffet lounge. I appreciate the people of this hotel making me look good!! Thanks!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2010

This hotel offers the greatest customer service experience that I have ever received! I would recommend the Sheraton in Novi to anyone who travels near the area. Employees are courteous, kind, and represent the epitomy of professionalism!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

if you need quite time to relax...this is the place. Zen decor with soft confortable beds...zzzzzz

Marquette, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

Responsive staff, nice facility. Upgrade through Starwood appreciated. Good breakfast buffet.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

My husband and I had our wedding at the Novi Sheraton in May 2010. We had a lot of out of town guest so we knew we wanted to have it at a hotel. It is also a quick drive from Metro airport. I was a very demanding bride, and they complied with my every wish, in addition to helping me keep my sanity!

Shaina (our sales person ) was wonderful to us. When we first inquired about having the wedding there, the taxes and surcharges were included in the prices we were given. They offered an all inclusive wedding package, that made it easy for me to stick within my budget.

We arrived early on Friday. My bridesmaids and I were able to check into the bridal suite around 1 pm. They allowed us to use the St. Claire Room for our rehearsal, at no charge, even though our rehearsal dinner was at another place.

The day of the wedding they set up everything, except for a few things other vendors had brought in and a few things I asked my family to take care of. When it came time for cocktail hour, they set up food for my husband and me to eat in the boardroom. (Our Yichud was no charge extra.) That way while everyone else was eating dinner, we could make our rounds to say hello to everyone.

The food and drinks were AMAZING! We got so many compliments! The reception ended at 1 am, but our friends still wanted to party. After they got kicked out of the ballroom, they went to their rooms. Naturally, at a wedding, people are going to get a little loud. Security came up and brought everyone down to the second floor where all the boardrooms are. (No guest rooms) That way the "after party" could continue and no guest trying to sleep would be disturbed. This was another thing they didn't charge us extra for.
The next morning we had a Sunday Brunch in the Da Vinci Room. Once again the food and service was AMAZING, and the room ALSO was no extra charge.

The rooms were comfortable and very clean. Room service attendants were very friendly. None of our guests had any trouble with noise. Plus, the room rate they gave us was very reasonable. The outdoor patio was great for pictures! It would of been nice to have our wedding ceremony outside, but there were too many wedding guest, it would of been a bit cramped.

I don't know where to begin to thank the staff for making my day so special! My husband is a Platinum SPG member and we are both pretty picky travelers. Some people on this site are just too critical and need to let things go. This hotel was PERFECT!

• Stayed May 2010

Been to Sheraton Detroit Novi? Share your experiences!