“Comfy beds, good hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 15 hotels in Novi
Ontario
“Comfy beds, good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed her for a corporate function. The beds were very comfy and the staff very nice. Had breakfast in their restaurant. We had continental and it included all beverages, which made it an easy choice. Lots of fresh fruit, hot oatmeal, cold cereals, yogurt, toppings. It was very good. The coffee was excellent!
I liked the green option - you can choose not to get your room cleaned and they will give you a $5.00 voucher for their restaurant or store. They will still give you clean towels, if needed.
They also have a shuttle service that will drive you within a 2 mile radius for free. We took it out for dinner, with 6 of us it was $25. Great option!
The only thing I did not like was that there was no free wi-fi in the rooms. Come on, this doesn't cost the hotel anything and they should make it convenient for their guests. It is free in the lobby, but not rooms.
Slept great, comfy pillows, quiet hallways.
Can't go wrong here.
Priced one night through Priceline and the company paid the second night.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

202 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Windsor, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Well we paid 62 a night from a Hotwire deal. Normal price would have been 102 a night.
So the price was acceptable (with the Hotwire deal). What burned me is a 20 Internet charge (is suppose to be 10). I feel Internet should be free now a days at places you stay.
Our room carpet had someone else's toe nail clippings on it. The hot tub in the basement was not maintained well - water level was too low for the skimmer to work. We were sitting in the hot tub and a hair from someone else's lower body was visiting us - pretty gross.

• Stayed December 2012
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Once again, we redeemed our SPG points for a stay for a BF shopping weekend. When we checked in late Friday night, there was a very friendly and helpful gentleman at the front desk. It was so nice to receive such great service after a long car ride. While he couldn't offer us a room on the Club floor, he did provide us complimentary breakfast vouchers. Breakfast buffet was great and the selection of food is good. The rooms are spacious and clean, but the only negative I'd give the hotel is that you could hear everything in and around your room. I could hear footsteps above us, toilets flushing,showers running and anything being said outside our rooms.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
San Jose, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

It's time for Starwood to dump these old dinosaurs. Other Starwood brands are pretty good, but in US the Sheraton brand means lower quality than the 2nd tier hotels of other major brands. This hotel in Novi has indifferent staff, no heat (and the guy who tried to fix it was clueless), poor maintenance, and poor sanitary conditions (underside of toilet still had "remnants" if know what I mean). It hasn't been updated in years. Families like it for convenience, but business travelers should know to avoid it - so many better options

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

For $89 and tax this was a good value. The hotel has changed hands, the shower tile is last generation, but the room was spotless, as was the lobby, although a bit cluttered with "new age" decor," a very friendly and pleasant check in/out process, nice staff, and a comfortable bed. For $89 you can't get much better. There are little things: too many smokers leaving LOTS of cigarette butts and trash outside the hotel where they go to smoke. Hallway carpets could have used a bit of vacuuming. A large room service party had trays and smelly food delivery boxes from some catering company stacked outside on my floor, very unattractive as you come off the elevator. that is just watching and paying attention. Otherwise, you can't complain.

Room Tip: Away from vending rooms, ice machines and elevators.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Northville, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The hotel is conveniently located near good restaurants and shopping centers, but is still quiet, rooms are spacious, bed is very comfy, the hotel staff is extemely friendly and professional. Price is a bargain for what the hotel offers. There is also a good size pool with a jacuzzy. I also enjoy excersing and this hotel has a good size gym, which was recently remodeled.

I greatly recommend this place for business and family trips. Never have had a bad experience at this place. I do not write hotel reviews at all but this time, I felt compelled to express my experience at this place.

Room Tip: If you like quiet rooms like me, ask for a room away from the vending machines. Always treat the sta...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Konstanz, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

This was my second stay at the Sheraton Detroit Novi, accompanying my hubby who stays there for business, and this really is a business hotel.

The reception staff were really friendly and helpful (particularly the morning the freeway was closed and two people helped me find another way to where I needed to go, printing me maps and really helping) and remembered us by name - asking after my husband when I checked in.

We had a very comfortable room on the SPG floor with a lovely king sized bed. No complaints about the room at all, it was a good size with a decent bathroom. The SPG "lounge" was a few doors down and, let's be honest, it's not all that. It's about the size of two guest rooms knocked together and is often very crowded (especially at breakfast). There's a waffle machine in there at breakfast, but no other hot food. There is a good selection of cold food and a new coffee machine (which decided it didn't want to work for me), there is also brewed Starbucks coffee in big thermos flasks.

We ate downstairs one night in the restaurant and it was fine, no complaints. Breakfast was included in our room rate and I had breakfast in the restaurant one morning - lots of selection and friendly staff. There was a children's ice hockey team staying and they went through the buffet like a plague of locusts, but it was constantly replenished.

There's an On The Border and a Chilli's restaurant within walking distance across the hotel car park, and parking at the hotel is free. There's a gym and an indoor pool, which I didn't use, but I did use the pool last time (in the heat of summer) and it was FREEZING, so I'm guessing they only heat it in winter.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Detroit Novi? Share your experiences!