“Great location and value” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Novi
Mississauga, Canada
“Great location and value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Once again, we redeemed our SPG points for a stay for a BF shopping weekend. When we checked in late Friday night, there was a very friendly and helpful gentleman at the front desk. It was so nice to receive such great service after a long car ride. While he couldn't offer us a room on the Club floor, he did provide us complimentary breakfast vouchers. Breakfast buffet was great and the selection of food is good. The rooms are spacious and clean, but the only negative I'd give the hotel is that you could hear everything in and around your room. I could hear footsteps above us, toilets flushing,showers running and anything being said outside our rooms.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
San Jose, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

It's time for Starwood to dump these old dinosaurs. Other Starwood brands are pretty good, but in US the Sheraton brand means lower quality than the 2nd tier hotels of other major brands. This hotel in Novi has indifferent staff, no heat (and the guy who tried to fix it was clueless), poor maintenance, and poor sanitary conditions (underside of toilet still had "remnants" if know what I mean). It hasn't been updated in years. Families like it for convenience, but business travelers should know to avoid it - so many better options

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

For $89 and tax this was a good value. The hotel has changed hands, the shower tile is last generation, but the room was spotless, as was the lobby, although a bit cluttered with "new age" decor," a very friendly and pleasant check in/out process, nice staff, and a comfortable bed. For $89 you can't get much better. There are little things: too many smokers leaving LOTS of cigarette butts and trash outside the hotel where they go to smoke. Hallway carpets could have used a bit of vacuuming. A large room service party had trays and smelly food delivery boxes from some catering company stacked outside on my floor, very unattractive as you come off the elevator. that is just watching and paying attention. Otherwise, you can't complain.

Room Tip: Away from vending rooms, ice machines and elevators.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Northville, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The hotel is conveniently located near good restaurants and shopping centers, but is still quiet, rooms are spacious, bed is very comfy, the hotel staff is extemely friendly and professional. Price is a bargain for what the hotel offers. There is also a good size pool with a jacuzzy. I also enjoy excersing and this hotel has a good size gym, which was recently remodeled.

I greatly recommend this place for business and family trips. Never have had a bad experience at this place. I do not write hotel reviews at all but this time, I felt compelled to express my experience at this place.

Room Tip: If you like quiet rooms like me, ask for a room away from the vending machines. Always treat the sta...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Konstanz, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

This was my second stay at the Sheraton Detroit Novi, accompanying my hubby who stays there for business, and this really is a business hotel.

The reception staff were really friendly and helpful (particularly the morning the freeway was closed and two people helped me find another way to where I needed to go, printing me maps and really helping) and remembered us by name - asking after my husband when I checked in.

We had a very comfortable room on the SPG floor with a lovely king sized bed. No complaints about the room at all, it was a good size with a decent bathroom. The SPG "lounge" was a few doors down and, let's be honest, it's not all that. It's about the size of two guest rooms knocked together and is often very crowded (especially at breakfast). There's a waffle machine in there at breakfast, but no other hot food. There is a good selection of cold food and a new coffee machine (which decided it didn't want to work for me), there is also brewed Starbucks coffee in big thermos flasks.

We ate downstairs one night in the restaurant and it was fine, no complaints. Breakfast was included in our room rate and I had breakfast in the restaurant one morning - lots of selection and friendly staff. There was a children's ice hockey team staying and they went through the buffet like a plague of locusts, but it was constantly replenished.

There's an On The Border and a Chilli's restaurant within walking distance across the hotel car park, and parking at the hotel is free. There's a gym and an indoor pool, which I didn't use, but I did use the pool last time (in the heat of summer) and it was FREEZING, so I'm guessing they only heat it in winter.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Raleigh NC USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Our group reserved a block of rooms, I did not choose this hotel, and having stayed here, if I were to return to this area I would NOT choose this hotel, based on my experience.

I was astonished on arrival ( reservation in hand ) to actually have the person behind the desk attempting to badger me out of the room I reserved ( two beds) in lieu of a different room, as they were "real busy" and "needed rooms like mine for someone else". Further, she demanded to know why I wouldnt accept a single bed, who else was sleeping in the room and their names, etc. (eg proof that a single bed wasnt going to work) before finally relenting and giving me what I had reserved and asked for, but not before managing to make me wish I were staying someplace else. If I were a solo traveler and not part of a block of 20 rooms I would have walked right out the door, period. Frankly, I was stunned and confused and ready to ask for the manager but, I was afraid it might have been the manager that was checking me in so I held my ground and went off to my room.

I travel a lot. I've had hotels that lost rooms in fires so they were short rooms, places short on staff so rooms were not ready, found people sleeping in what was supposed to be an empty room, bugs, dirt and more reservation foul-ups etc. than you can shake a stick at. I am very very cool with the fact that "stuff happens" and pretty agreeable to reasonable requests but I have never before walked into a hotel that essentially made me feel like I was unwelcome from the git-go as quickly as this one. I hate Drama and I'm fairly thick-skinned, if a business manages to polarize my opinion in a negative way, they really had to earn it and earn it they did in a hurry.

The actual hotel is your typical large convention/ meeting room/ ballroom mill. Nothing special. My room was adequate, bathrooms on the small side. Again nothing special. Walls are thin and noise was an issue. Breakfast was adequate.

I made the mistake of actually looking at the air vent at the end of the hallway and it appeared to have collected every piece of lint and dust that ever passed through it since it was new, dating back to the polyester Leisure Suit era.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Priceline sold me a room that wasn't available - when I complained to the desk clerk he gave me a better room, free breakfast for my entire stay and free internet service.
The restaurant staff were friendly and attentive keeping dishes cleared and mugs full. Even bringing me a choise of local newspapers when I didn't want the WSJ or USA Today.
Noise between rooms is a bit of a problem as I heard the 7 am wake up call for the room next door.
Clean and comfortable with a very friendly staff.

Room Tip: Just call the hotel and ask them to match the internet price. You'll know what you're gettin...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Detroit Novi? Share your experiences!