“Beautiful Rooms,High End Boutique Wanna-be ,Horrible Front desk.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights & Save 15%
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Novi
Reynoldsburg, Ohio
“Beautiful Rooms,High End Boutique Wanna-be ,Horrible Front desk.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed in July 2012. I am a Marriott Rewards Member ( Makes no difference to this location) Okay the rooms are modernly decorated. They have a motor city theme. ( Pictures of cars etc.) with a oriental design. This was my third stay. The property has a parking area that is in desperate need of repaving. It takes away from the beauty of the location. About 3-4 floors. Upon check-in for the third time. The front desk people tend to be young and very arrogant. ( I know this is supposed to be a sort of upscale location, but...) They don't thank you for staying, they were basically having a personal discussion that I interupted. Okay close to chain resturants, Olive Garden, Please try Famous Dave's if you like BBQ. (Very Awesome). Please ask the front desk person for directions, its across the freeway. The "Imagine Theater" is awesome, they have the simulator seats. ( They have sound and vibrate, very cool for action movies), There is the "Twelve Oaks Mall" , they have your standard mall shops, ( Bath, body works, Macy's, there might be an Apple Store) The room service is very good. The food is awesome. They are very accomodating. The wine list isn't bad either. Your staying near a very popular and well accessible mall area. I feel that this is the best property in the area. If you can overlook the snooty, unattentive front desk, The staff needs to get a lesson in dealing with Guests looking for a higher end experience. The hotel has a higher end boutique desire, but falls short because of the rude staff. I am appalled that at check-out I sat in the info center using the computer and ahd to listen to two of the front desk girls and the housekeeping girl ramble on about some drama situation. Professionalism at this property is not emphasized, which sucks, when you are paying an average of $120,00 a night plus ( if you order room service). Which is a nice amount for the Detroit area. ( The area has really gone down in the past few years), I think three strikes, "Your Out"!!! I won't return. the "Staybridge Suites", down the road was a lot better choice.

Room Tip: Small Hotell with 3-4 floors. Ask for a room closer to the main entrance, Very few elevators. I thin...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Dunedin, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

This was the venue for the wedding of my nephew. The affair was great, though the main course was not served hot, just barely warm. The room was of adequate size, but no bathtub. I freaked. Even cheap hotels have bathtubs and this is not necessarily a cheap bathtub. They moved me to a handicapped room which had a tub, though the regular room certainly had a bath big enough to accommodate the same little bath as was in the handicapped. The hotel was attractive, and the restaurant seemed good, though I did not eat there. No pool. Very close to a big mall with many nice stores. Far from downtown Detroit. The 2nd room they gave us was dusty and not as well furnished as the first. There was a refrigerator and coffee maker which we used daily. No link to the airport other than cab or car rental. There is a large gap at the bottom of the hall door to the room permitting any hall noise to penetrate the room easily.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

This is my new favorite hotel in suburban Detroit..better than the Royal Park. Great rooms, amazing breakfast in the connected restaurant (Toasted Oak), terrific workout facilities, and helpful front desk staff. It's also right near the 12 Oaks Mall - so you can get your errands done while on business travel.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Farmington, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

One of the best restaurants in the area is located in the Baronette Renaissance. Excellent food - breakfast through dinner, though it can get loud. Attractive, modern lobby with attentive staff. I have to agree with Marajoe's review regarding room condition, however. We were surprised to find dust-covered lampshades, dust/dirt under the bed, shower that leaked onto the bathroom floor, threadbare towels with holes. As stated in that review, this room did not meet the standards we have come to expect from a Marriott property. With a little extra care, the management of the hotel can restore this facility to the excellent level it enjoyed when operated as an independent boutique hotel.

Note: Excessive noise in corridor one evening prevents me from giving "excellent" sleep quality rating. Hotel security staff should have been vigilant once they knew that a wedding reception had moved into the hallway on our floor. Noise was allowed to continue until 4:30am. Very unsatisfactory for a couple trying to rest before our own daughter's wedding the next day.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Caye Caulker, Belize
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Went with a good friend to do the flowers for another friend's wedding. I have done hundreds of weddings all over the world but I can say that this banquet staff as well as the other hotel staff were the best I have ever worked with. We were treated with great respect and it was though we were members of their team and not outsiders. Although I spent little time in the room, it was very nice, clean and comfortable. I would certainly recommend this hotel for an event or just a great place to stay. Thanks to all the staff for helping make this event great and welcoming us.

Room Tip: We had a courtyard view room which was nice.....am not certain about other options - I know the suit...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I did like this hotel, great location, very nice lobby, it has everything going for it. The only complaint that I had, the room was so dusty. You could tell it had been a while since it has a good cleaning. Sorry Marriott, but this room did not met your typically standards. Everything but the dust was good. Issues is, if you have that much dust, what else is wrong. I love the Marriott brand. I will give this hotel another try. I know this is not the normal. I will say the food in the restaurant was great.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
KimberlyGreene, General Manager at The Baronette Renaissance Detroit-Novi Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
I appreciate your recognition of our location and lobby dedcor, and am disappointed you did not enjoy your stay overall. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you encountered with the dust in your room. We are in the process of replacing our original air conditioning units, and are in search of filters that will make our rooms more pleasant for our guests. I would be happy to discuss your stay further, feel free to contact me.

Kimberly Greene, GM
kimberly.greene@thebaronette.com
Gaithersburg, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed here recently (booked a last-minute trip due to a family function). I will admit that I am a little bit biased because we got married at this hotel several years ago. However, we were very impressed with the upgrades they have done and with the quality overall. The rooms were well-furnished and very clean. In fact, the entire hotel was very clean. The walls were thick enough that we didn't have noise concerns. The price was also right for us, as we stayed using our Marriott points. It is located in a nice neighborhood in Novi, which is convenient to shopping and the highway. Next time we are in Detroit, we will stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor, which is reserved for Marriott rewards members. It was quieter and les...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
I appreciate you taking the time to provide comments regarding your recent visit to the Renaissance Baronette. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay after such a memorable occassion. We are very proud of our recent renovation, and work very hard to maintain the clenaliness of our hotel. Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott, and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Kimberly Greene