“Wedding Location” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Novi
Dunedin, Florida
“Wedding Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

This was the venue for the wedding of my nephew. The affair was great, though the main course was not served hot, just barely warm. The room was of adequate size, but no bathtub. I freaked. Even cheap hotels have bathtubs and this is not necessarily a cheap bathtub. They moved me to a handicapped room which had a tub, though the regular room certainly had a bath big enough to accommodate the same little bath as was in the handicapped. The hotel was attractive, and the restaurant seemed good, though I did not eat there. No pool. Very close to a big mall with many nice stores. Far from downtown Detroit. The 2nd room they gave us was dusty and not as well furnished as the first. There was a refrigerator and coffee maker which we used daily. No link to the airport other than cab or car rental. There is a large gap at the bottom of the hall door to the room permitting any hall noise to penetrate the room easily.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

This is my new favorite hotel in suburban Detroit..better than the Royal Park. Great rooms, amazing breakfast in the connected restaurant (Toasted Oak), terrific workout facilities, and helpful front desk staff. It's also right near the 12 Oaks Mall - so you can get your errands done while on business travel.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Farmington, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

One of the best restaurants in the area is located in the Baronette Renaissance. Excellent food - breakfast through dinner, though it can get loud. Attractive, modern lobby with attentive staff. I have to agree with Marajoe's review regarding room condition, however. We were surprised to find dust-covered lampshades, dust/dirt under the bed, shower that leaked onto the bathroom floor, threadbare towels with holes. As stated in that review, this room did not meet the standards we have come to expect from a Marriott property. With a little extra care, the management of the hotel can restore this facility to the excellent level it enjoyed when operated as an independent boutique hotel.

Note: Excessive noise in corridor one evening prevents me from giving "excellent" sleep quality rating. Hotel security staff should have been vigilant once they knew that a wedding reception had moved into the hallway on our floor. Noise was allowed to continue until 4:30am. Very unsatisfactory for a couple trying to rest before our own daughter's wedding the next day.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Caye Caulker, Belize
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Went with a good friend to do the flowers for another friend's wedding. I have done hundreds of weddings all over the world but I can say that this banquet staff as well as the other hotel staff were the best I have ever worked with. We were treated with great respect and it was though we were members of their team and not outsiders. Although I spent little time in the room, it was very nice, clean and comfortable. I would certainly recommend this hotel for an event or just a great place to stay. Thanks to all the staff for helping make this event great and welcoming us.

Room Tip: We had a courtyard view room which was nice.....am not certain about other options - I know the suit...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I did like this hotel, great location, very nice lobby, it has everything going for it. The only complaint that I had, the room was so dusty. You could tell it had been a while since it has a good cleaning. Sorry Marriott, but this room did not met your typically standards. Everything but the dust was good. Issues is, if you have that much dust, what else is wrong. I love the Marriott brand. I will give this hotel another try. I know this is not the normal. I will say the food in the restaurant was great.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
KimberlyGreene, General Manager at The Baronette Renaissance Detroit-Novi Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
I appreciate your recognition of our location and lobby dedcor, and am disappointed you did not enjoy your stay overall. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you encountered with the dust in your room. We are in the process of replacing our original air conditioning units, and are in search of filters that will make our rooms more pleasant for our guests. I would be happy to discuss your stay further, feel free to contact me.

Kimberly Greene, GM
kimberly.greene@thebaronette.com
Gaithersburg, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed here recently (booked a last-minute trip due to a family function). I will admit that I am a little bit biased because we got married at this hotel several years ago. However, we were very impressed with the upgrades they have done and with the quality overall. The rooms were well-furnished and very clean. In fact, the entire hotel was very clean. The walls were thick enough that we didn't have noise concerns. The price was also right for us, as we stayed using our Marriott points. It is located in a nice neighborhood in Novi, which is convenient to shopping and the highway. Next time we are in Detroit, we will stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor, which is reserved for Marriott rewards members. It was quieter and les...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
I appreciate you taking the time to provide comments regarding your recent visit to the Renaissance Baronette. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay after such a memorable occassion. We are very proud of our recent renovation, and work very hard to maintain the clenaliness of our hotel. Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott, and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Kimberly Greene
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I were looking for a local getaway to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. We decided to book a one-night stay (couples package) at the Baronett Renaissance in Novi. It was probably the best anniversary ever. Friendly staff as well as a very clean, neat and comfortable room. We were pleasantly surprised by the low price of the couples package. With everything it included ($50 gift card for the mall across the street, 2 drink tickets to the restaurant, and breakfast in bed for two) are you kidding me? What a great value! Dinner last night at the restaurant Toasted Oak- EXCEPTIONAL! We are self proclaimed foodies and I know good charcuterie and I could tell the chef was an understudy of local celebrity Chef Bryan Polcyn. I asked my server and turns out he was! His staff knows his product too. You dont see that much anymore but our server, Jon, was eager to share everything that makes the Chefs menu special. What an elegant yet inexpensive way to celebrate something. I know this review sounds a little over the top, but we were so pleasantly surprised with what we found that we had to write this review. We are always looking for local hotels to send friends and we finally found one. Just to prove we don't work for the hotel, I will make one small complaint......why are hotels still charging for wifi? Wouldn't it stand to reason that if you didn't charge for wifi it would make writing reviews like this a little easier? That was the only complaint I could come up with.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share such great comments in regard to Toasted Oak restaurant and our staff! I am pleased you enjoyed our Shopper's Package and the value that it represents. I do recognize that charging for internet access is a guest annoyance, and we are looking at different options to bring value to this expense, perhaps through offering different levels of bandwidth and speed. I would be happy to discuss this with you further.

Kimberly Greene, GM
kimberly.greene@thebaronette.com

Been to The Baronette Renaissance Detroit-Novi Hotel? Share your experiences!