“Satisfactory... However,” 3 of 5 stars

Last Minute Deals!
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Novi
“Satisfactory... However,”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel many times, and overall it's satisfactory. However, my latest stay I had a couple issues I think need to be addressed. First, they my finalized bill outside my door instead of putting it underneath my door. Why is this a concern? Well, it contains my full name and personal address as well as my Hilton honors number, etc.... Anyone could have picked it up and obtained my personal information. When leaving, I noticed they did this to everyone on my floor. STOP being lazy and put the bill underneath the door so NO one has access to it other than the occupant!!! Second issue, my door is not attached properly! There is such a gap around the door that someone could easily use a credit card or keys and open the door without the room key. Yes, I tried it and found that it was so easy that a first grader could do it. The room was 406. Third, the clock in the room is junk and it needs to be replaced. Other than those issues, the room was fine a d front staff friendly.

• Stayed January 2013
DTTNI, General Manager at Hampton Inn - Detroit / Novi at 14 Mile Road, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Hello NatBkEx,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I appreciate you staying with us and am glad that you found our Front Desk staff to be friendly. I understand your concern with the delivery of your express check out and have already addressed it with our management team. I have also inspected the gap between the door and door frame so that our maintenance team can correct the issue. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of further assistance.

Thank you again.

Ernie Backalar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed at this Hampton Inn during the first week of our 2 week trip home to Michigan to visit family. We only changed hotels because I had earned 9 free nights worth of loyalty points at Hyatt. I wish we would have stayed at this Hampton because we had such a great experience and were were very dissapointed with the Hyatt in comparison to this Hampton. Next time we travel to Michigan, we will stay at this hotel hands down.

First, the rooms are clean. You can smell the freshness in the sheets and towels. The comforters are also washed between each guest making the bed extra clean. There are no dirty covers placed over your clean sheets. The hotel is also very clean. the pool area has a heated pool and a hot tub. It is in a nice room with windows all around. The kids LOVED the pool area and we spend a lot of time there. It was nice for the vacation to have facilities that you enjoy and want to use. the fitness area was also nice and clean. The beds are very comfortable and the flat screen tv was nice. This room also came equiped with a mini fridge and a microwave so it was very convenient. The housekeepers are very hardworking and seem very trustworthy and kind.

The employees are all very nice. I checked out over a week ago and I still remember many of their names: Bob, Chris, Kelly, Rhonda, Ernie. They all went out of their way to get to know us and make us feel welcome. The housekeeping, maintanience staff, and cooking staff were also very nice and accommidating. Everyone was very friendly to our kids, which is nice. Some hotels make kids feel unwelcome but that is not the case here. They talked with them and made them feel like valued guests!! They remembered our first names and I was very impressed with the customer services at all levels within this hotel. It is run very well and it seems that everyone here is invested in making this a great hotel for guests.

They made us little "goodie" bags for the kids to take with fruit and fruit bars for later in the day. Breakfast is open until 11 am and they do not start "packing up" the gallery until they are sure that you have what you need. They offer a "real breakfast" with an egg variation (scrambled, omlete, etc depending on the day), a meat option (bacon or sausage), a waffle station, and a juice bar. SOmething that I took for granted was that they offer individual yogarts, fruit, and breakfast bars. The other hotel I went to jsut put a bowl out and you scooped what you wanted out..... I like the way Hampton does it much better.They are happy to go out of their way for guests. Coffee, Tea, and hot chocolate were available all day/night free of charge and cookies were offered during the day.

It's in a nice location too with a red robin and a movie theater next door. It is very near to highways and many cities are within 10 minutes of the hotel. It is actually closer to novi than commerce township so the address is misleading.

This is a great hotel.

Room Tip: Higher level rooms in general seem to be better (at any hotel).
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Kalamazoo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Recent repeat stay at this location. Super easy check in. Convenient parking. Nice room, and very quiet even though there were a number of young kids on property. Breakfast was good, nice selection of fruit, waffles, cereal, coffee. Restaurants in area and convenient to expressways. The bed was a bit soft, and you can see some wear in the bathroom with the tile grout and wallpaper. I felt it was clean, quiet and comfortable. We will come back.

Room Tip: Sake for a room opposite of the main road.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Cambridge, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Clean, comfy beds. Friendly helpful staff. Some noise (footsteps) coming from room above us (they were active people apparently) but otherwise absolutely no complaints and I would stay again. The location is a significant drive from the shopping region of Novi, but there is a coffee house next door and a Starbucks nearby.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Farmington Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We were there for a family event. Aside from a minor glitch with the phone system that they worked very hard resolving, the stay was smooth and pleasant.
The hot breakfast was plentiful and varied from day to day with a few "standards" every day. Housekeeping was excellent.

Room Tip: Soundproofing was excellent, I don't think which way the rooms faced relative to the highway mat...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hod Hasharon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

We had a family event at West Bloomfield and decided to stay at this Hampton Inn & Suites nearby, based on good experiences we have had with this chain elswhere.
We were very happy that this was the decision we toook.
The hotel is conveniently located for what we needed.
Parking space was ample.
The staff were friendly and provided answers and quick responses to all our needs.
The room, as usual, was spacious, spotlessly clean and with all the amenities you could ask for.
Breakfasts were fresh and plentiful.
Price was fair - Good value for your money.
As an extra bonus, there is a Costco store just next door, for those of you who like visiting Costco as much as we do......
All in all, another great stay with this excellent chain!! Thanks Hampton!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma City, OK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Stayed one evening here as part of a business trip. Rooms were clean and well kept. The bldg look as if it had recently been udpated. Morning breakfast was a good assortnment of items. Staff was very interseted in our stay and went out of their way to make sure I didn't need anything. The price was fantastic for what I received. I would rec this hotel to anyone looking for a budget friendly hotel for business travel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn - Detroit / Novi at 14 Mile Road? Share your experiences!