“Definitely come back” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Novi
New York
“Definitely come back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I have stayed Hyatt Place in other cities. They are all identical and nice. I was expecting the same Hyatt Place. But once I stepped in, I found it was different from other HP in a good way.
Looks very new, contemporary, clean, spacious. I think HP is marketed somewhat similar to Hampton Inn, Fairfield Inn or maybe Hilton GI, Courtyard by Marriott. But this HP is way above that standard. Per hotel staff, this HP is a new generation HP. Great lobby area and comfortable room. Very nice, courteous and friendly front staff. I was impressed by this new generation HP. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Ligia P, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Detroit/Novi, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Thank you for the great review! Our staff strives to provide great service, and will truly appreciate your comments. We're also glad you enjoyed the new look of Hyatt Place and hope to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Dublin, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I was so excited to go to the Cat Fanciers World Show event in Novi MI.
I Booked 3 rooms Sept 2nd well in advance of the event being held at the adjoining convention center November 23-24th. Today, 6 weeks after the confirmed reservations, I got a Voice Mail that the rooms were not going to be available to be and they left another hotels number for me to call. Their reason was that they had a computer glitch and over booked rooms. Even when I explained that I had made the reservations way, way in advance and at the time - there were plenty of rooms to be had..... it was pretty much - sorry to bad, there is nothing we can do. As you can imagine I am still distraught and have talked to managers and still they do not care or can do nothing for me. The reason I needed this hotel, and booked so early, is because as an exhibitor in the show, that was conveniently held down stairs in the hotel/convention center, I don't have to pack everything in the car for the show each day if I was in an offsite hotel... Pay for parking, find a parking spot and get everything loaded and unloaded each morning of the show. I have never been so discussed and have ever been treated like this before. I will never stay in another Hyatt again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mickey,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. As expressed to you by all of our staff, we do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience our system error caused you. We completely understand the frustration it caused, and hope the alternate solutions we offered you were somewhat helpful. We would have loved to accommodate you and hope we can do so in the future. As mentioned in our phone calls, we have taken numerous steps to avoid this happening again in the future. Please feel free to call us if you would like to discuss this further.

Thank you.
Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Nice new hotel. Lobby spaces are lovely. The actual lobby is separate from the convention space so still keeps the hotel feel and privacy. I have been in places where the lobby opens to the convention centre and there's too many odd people around. Staff is new, and eager to please but a little short on details that business travellers would need. Having a printed map of local area to direct visitors to shopping or restaurants would be great.

Beds are comfy. Highway noise is an issue but I've had worse, it is on the highway so to be expected. Bathrooms very clean, housekeeping attentive.

Parking is free, but if there is a convention on the parking attendants will try to collect a parking fee, tell them you are at the hotel.

Very convenient for convention, I will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Ligia P, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Detroit/Novi, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about The Hyatt Place Novi at the Suburban Collection Showplace. Since your review we have updated our concierge binder with more maps of local restaurants, attractions, and events. We know this will greatly help our business guests by allowing them to explore our city without having to drive too far away from the hotel.
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

This was my first stay at a Hyatt Place. Fantastic concept -- appreciated all the thoughtful offers they had -- superior workout room and pool, loved the 24/7 dining AND the quality of what was offered. SUPER employees, I could not believe the hospitality-barkeep-restaurant manager set of responsibilities they had. They delivered all their roles well! Would stay here again without question!

Paula J,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us! Our staff strives to provide excellent service and we are thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay.
Galax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

My trip ended up being a comedy of errors -- reservation took three trips to the front desk to get corrected, keys had to be re-coded (three days in a row), and few of the front desk personnel knew what was happening and/or how to correct errors. That said, the staff tries very hard and are very nice and apologetic. Sometimes a little too nice -- when my electronic key wasn't working I'd ask the maids to let me into the room, which was nice, but ANYONE could have asked the maids for entry to my room -- and gotten in without a problem.

Because I was attending a conference at the adjoining Suburban Collection Showcase it was VERY convenient -- when the conference got boring I could head to the hotel to nap, work-out, or find something to eat and drink.

The location is close to some outstanding restaurants and close to the airport. I'd recommend staying at the Hyatt Place, but we warned that there are still a few "bugs" to be worked out.

Room Tip: Beware of the rooms that look out over the back parking lot -- a rather dreary view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We truly appreciate you bringing these areas of improvement to our attention. It allows us to develop them further and to make your next stay with us an excellent experience.
Westland, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

The brand new Hyatt Place in Novi is located in an awesome spot. It's attachment to the convention center(suburban collection showplace) is prime for anyone here on business or attending a show from out of state. I attended a wedding as a professional photographer and while working was able to thoroughly check out the place. The wedding was outside on the patio of the first floor and it was a perfect set up! Plenty of room to move around and organize any type of event you would need. The interior is lush and shiny and is warm and welcoming. The lounge area is relaxing with a bar and big screen TV's. Good and friendly service by all the the staff that I had interactions with.The rooms are big and spacious and look very comfortable. The reception hall inside the hotel was awesome and the food was exceptional! Overall I give this brand new hotel a major thumbs up. For anyone planning a wedding and wants a one venue for everything the Hyatt is perfect.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Ligia P, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Detroit/Novi, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for the great review! We truly appreciate you taking the time to highlight some of the unique features of our hotel, and hope to see you back for more events.
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stayed here while attending a convention. Place is clean, comfortable and well stocked. Central location made it very convenient. one tip: Treat yourself to a cookie from bar area....they are very good!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are thrilled you had a great stay and got a chance to enjoy our freshly made cookies!

Been to Hyatt Place Detroit/Novi? Share your experiences!