“Reasonable and comfy” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn and Suites

You added Quality Inn and Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn and Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   21625 Haggerty Road, Novi, MI 48375 (Formerly Novi Inn and Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Novi
BC, Canada
“Reasonable and comfy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

The name has been changed to Novi Inn and Suites. Affordable, and probably your best bang for your buck in Novi. The room was clean, very quiet, and the pool was inviting. If you are looking for a good budget hotel, you cannot go wrong here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Silver Spring, Maryland, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

This hotel stinks! Once you make a reservation, you're hooked into paying for all nights you have booked -- even if you plan to leave a day early. For customers, this "policy" is inflexible and costly. Even though the reservation was through my name, and I had the "itinerary" or confirmation number, Expedia said I had to see that my wife "officially" checked out. The hotel refused to do so, even though my wife was telling the desk clerk so in person. The hotel clerk also refused to give me the general manager or owner's name so I could simply register my disappointment with one of these people. So, if you have to check out early, be prepared to pay for an empty room!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Palatine, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

There was no one in the hotel...bit creepy. Our room, instead of being close, was on the top floor near the end of the corridor. Breakfast left a lot to be desired. Hotel clerk only OK. Don't think I'll stay here again. Discount coupon was not valid. Hotel was still sealed off...infestation?
(See Ruthie101)

Room Tip: Check room beforehand.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

I was traveling with my family and we had to stop in late evening with unscheduled stop at the hotel. Since this hotel location was close in my search list and i was getting good price on Expedia, I ignored checking the reviews of it. After checking in, i checked the reviews that freaked me out but overall its not what the reviews are saying..! I don't know how trustworthy the earlier reviews are but if we take those reviews as fact, they have improved a lot! Upon checkout when i mentioned the reason of my stay i have got more sympathy than just casual good-bye!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

Don't waste your money by staying at this hotel. TV not working properly and no hot water in the morning! called the front desk several times and no one answered the phone. I later found out that many of my colleagues also had no hot water! Many of us complained at the front desk and did not get much of a reaction, meaning that they did not seem to care! I was told that too many guests must have been taking a shower at the same time! What a joke!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

We have stayed at this hotel on three previous occasions beginning in 2007 and have found a gradual deterioration in facitilites and services each year...however, this year was the most dramatic change...one whole wing on the ground floor was sealed off...we later discovered, because of infestation...the computer in the lobby was woefully slow...we were told there was a "virus" in it...but there was no effort to fix it..nobody seemed to care...the lobby doors were stuck on open...it took many days before someone came out to fix them...the TV's don't work properly, the breakfast room is no longer staffed except by an indifferent desk attendant, and not always properly provisioned, the phones in the room didn't work initially but were finally fixed...there was a marked indifference to any complaints regardless of how diplomatically made ....and except for one very kind woman behind the desk, the rest of the staff was not very welcoming or friendly...we visit Michigan at least once a year and will definitely be looking for another place to stay next year....

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2010

I was very concered with some of the negative reviews. I almost didn't book the hotel, but it was as least half the price of other hotels in the area. I found the negative reviews not to be true and must be isolated incidents.

I booked the jacuzzi suite for 3 nights. On the trip to detroit when we were a little over half way we got in an accident. Had to be towed home, rent a car and head back out. By the time we got to the hotel it was after 4am. The gentleman at the front desk was excellent and didn't charge us for that night. Considering the mood we were in after getting in an accident, this really lifted our spirits.

The jacuzzi suite was excellent and I would rate it of the quality of other 3 star hotels I've stayed at. I didn't see any bed bugs.

I was also suprised with the breakfast after the negative reviews. I thought it was excellent. People need to keep in consideration that it's free! Waffles, french toast, bagels, english muffins, biscuits and gravy, muffins, cereal, fruit, yogurt, juice, coffee. That's what I can remember it having.

The location is good. It's a safe area and there are a lot of things to do nearby.

I didn't use the pool but it looked all right to me (not a five star hotel quality, but I didn't pay for a five star so I don't expect it)

There are only a couple things I didn't like. First the TV didn't have a lot of channels. Secondly when I tried to get extra pillows I couldn't get any. Third the Saturday night I was there, there was a party going on with little kids and they were running up and down the hall screaming until about 11:30. But I didn't call and complain so I can't hold this against the hotel.

All in all I thought the hotel was excellent. My few complaints can be forgiven with the fact that the hotel was significantly cheaper that the higher star hotels.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!