“Underrated” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Toasted Oak Grill & Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 165 restaurants in Novi
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Voted "2011 Top 10 Best New Restaurants of Detroit" by Hour Magazine readers "Handsomely presented and well-executed dishes." - Sylvia Rector, Detroit Free Press Toasted Oak’s cozy dining room offers an exceptional restaurant experience highlighting locally sourced, quality ingredients - from fresh fish to wild morel mushrooms. Signature menu items include Chef Grostick’s House-made Charcuterie Platter with pickled vegetables & mustards, Faygo Root Beer braised short rib and the award winning Porchetta. The inviting space features a sophisticated décor of rustic indulgence created by noted restaurant designer David Ashen, plus a spacious outdoor patio
Pleasant View, Tennessee
“Underrated”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Typically I ask friends & family for restaurant recommendations, but this time I took a chance and did my own searching. I was a bit skeptical of a place in a hotel and close to a mall on top of it. Toasted Oak **far** exceeded my best expectations. I was very curious about it being a "brasserie" and it turned out to be exactly the style my wife and I love. We had a nice quiet corner, and one of the best servers we've ever had anywhere. Toasted Oak is perfect for foodies because we were not rushed and could pick apart and enjoy every bite like food critics. It was the perfect place to get a break from our kids, have a real conversation, and have a relaxed dinner. There was a great variety on the menu, even for a picky person. We'll be back. On TripAdvisor this restaurant is far underrated, it should be #1 in Novi.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

83% Recommend
detroit area
“Fine dining near the mall”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We had a coupon and though we would give it a try and were not disappointed. The service was quite good for a busy lunch crowd. My wife had the steak frites a perfect medium rare cut in a very nice sauce and I had the pulled pork sandwich that had a nice sweet sour flavor with the pickles and slaw they made. Top that off with a nice selection of wine, a pretty good lunch.
Don't forget to check out their market as well.

Lansing
“Awesome Food and Awesome Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Ate here with a group of 4 on Saturday and we were all really impressed. The cheeses board, poutine, and porchetta were all very inspired, unique, and delicious. Friendly, efficient, and knowledgeable service. Well done to Chef Brian and his amazing team....we will be back.

Galax, Virginia
“Good food but not a place to linger”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Outstanding menu and service and the fresh cornbread with honey butter is amazing.

Not a place for intimate conversation -- it's a little loud -- and not a place the welcomes lingering.

Visited September 2013
Detroit, Michigan
“Unique drinks, nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I met a friend here for drinks and appetizers on a Saturday evening. There was a short wait, so we browsed the wine selection and I was pleasantly surprised to find a great selection of Michigan wines. I'll be visiting the Toasted Oak the next time I am looking for a bottle of Traverse City area wine.

The atmosphere and service were great! We had cocktails (Tru Romance and People Mover... The People Mover was awesome!), the charcuterie board, and a vegetable/goat cheese spread on baguettes. Everything was very good. I will visit Toasted Oak again for cocktails with friends and plan on taking my husband ther for dinner.

• Visited September 2013