“Convenient to a number of locations” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Detroit Northville

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn Detroit Northville to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Hampton Inn Detroit Northville
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   20600 Haggerty Rd, Northville, MI 48167   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Score Double Points!
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Northville
Lake Leelanau, Michigan
“Convenient to a number of locations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This hotel has the standard Hampton Inn amenities. The staff is friendly and the hotel is clean and modern. This is one of the few Hampton's I've been in that actually has enough outlets for all the electronics with which I travel.

However, the primary benefit of staying here is its central location. If you need to travel to Lansing as part of your stay, Lansing is only a little over an hour away. The Palace at Auburn Hills is about 40 minutes away. Detroit Metro is about 20 miles away. A very large movie complex is within a mile and the hotel is surrounded by restaurants. So, if you need to reach a number of different locations in this part of Michigan, this hotel works well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Myra V, General Manager at Hampton Inn Detroit Northville, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for writing a review regarding your recent stay at the Hampton Inn-Northville. We truly appreciate the nice comments. Endorsements from our guests mean everything to us! Looking forward to having you as our guest again soon. Safe travels!

149 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This hotel was recently remodeled. Solid stay for business. Clean and efficient. The extra outlets they installed on the night stand are very useful. The workout room has newer equipment. I always hope for 2 treadmills but in this case the 1 was available when I needed to use it. The breakfast choices were good. Brand name cereal etc...I don't love the omlette things they offer at Hampton's lately but it is good to have some non-wheat, high protien items. Overall, a good bed with great pillows in a quiet setting make for a good nights sleep. I did have trouble trying to print in the Business Center. Seemed the computer did not have Microsoft Office on it so I couldn't print a Word Doc and badly needed that day. I understand the computer may have been being upgraded, so that may have been the reason.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Myra V, General Manager at Hampton Inn Detroit Northville, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for such a nice review regarding your recent stay at the Hampton Inn-Northville. We are extremely proud of our new renovations and we're glad that you slept well. For your future visits, please keep in mind that we do have Microsoft Work, Excel and PowerPoint on our lobby business computer. If these are not compatible for your printing needs, please don't hesitate to ask one of our Guest Service Agents to assist you. We would be happy to help! Looking forward to having you as our guest again soon. Safe Travels!
DeBary, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

The staff greet you and treat you as if you are part of the family. The rooms were cleaned to fit our schedule. They are the best trained staff we have encountered and we have traveled throughout the United States and many foreign countries.We will only stay at this hoter when we travel to Michigan.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Myra V, General Manager at Hampton Inn Detroit Northville, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for such a nice commentary on your recent stay at the Hampton Inn-Northville. We so appreciate your taking the time to let other travelers know about your experience. Looking forward to having you as our guest again soon! Safe travels!
Kalamazoo, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My family and I stayed here recently, and I have to say...there is much to be desired. The staff was friendly enough, however, the hotel needs some work. The bathroom in the room was not up to my standards, even for a Hampton Inn. There was peeling paint all over, grout around the tub, a huge stain behind the toilet, and mold on the ceiling. There were also a couple of small black bugs on the floor. Even my six year old daughter was mortified! The rest of the room was okay, but the carpet was frayed and they don't have microwaves or a mini-fridge in the room, which is important for me. In the hotel's defense, they are doing renovations, so hopefully that will help. I wouldn't stay at this particular Hampton Inn again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Olathe, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I travel a lot for work and while I am very familiar with the Hampton Inn Brand and the service is always consistently great, this group really stepped it up a notch for me. I felt like I was home. Everyone said Hello to me and most of the Hello's I received, I didn't at first know they were employees. The evening social was an over the top surprise as this is not something I have experienced at other Hamptons. The staff was engaging, energetic, pleasant and ever so helpful without even trying.

They are a must stay and I highly recommend if you have a choice - Choose the Hampton Inn Detroit Northville! A 10+ rating from me, I will most definitely choose this hotel every visit I have to the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Myra V, General Manager at Hampton Inn Detroit Northville, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for the nice comments regarding your recent stay at the Hampton Inn-Detroit/Northville. Your experience reflected what our entire teams lives and breathes...great service and a friendly smile! Looking forward to having you as our guests again soon! Safe travels!
Columbus, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Chose this hotel by the reputation of Hampton Inns and its proximitry to the event we were going to that weekend. We were not disappointed. We were greeted very warmly at the desk for check-in. Our room was a king, non-smoking. The bed was very comfortable with great linens. Would have liked bigger pillows. It was spacious and well designed. The Wi-fi was free and the desk area was well lit. There was a full length mirror and flat screen TV. The bathroom had a very nice large, step in shower and the sink area had shelves below to store items. Plenty of drawer space and a nice sized closet. Only thing I didn't like was the bedside lights. They were angled outward and were very bright. I was glad that the lights were bright, but would have liked to change the angle. Every staff member from maintenance man in the elevator, housekeeping, breakfast room staff were friendly, helpful and thoughtful. Saw that I had flowers to take out into the frigid weather and got a bag to cover them without being asked. I really appreciated that foresight.

Room Tip: King size gives good room space. Fourth floor was very nice and quiet..
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks so much for your impressions of your recent stay at the Hampton Inn-Northville. We are glad you had an opportunity to enjoy the quality and hospitality we are known for. Please come and visit us again soon! Safe travels!
Farmington Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I stayed here whilst visiting the area for an interview for the job that I now have. Whoo! I arrived close to midnight, I think. Whatever time it was, it was the night shift that was settled in. When I came out for... toothpaste I think it was, the night shift dude also gave me 4 kitkat bars. :D He said 2 for you, 2 for the other guest. (There was no other guest, just someone from the company who walked me to my door with my bag.) So there I was, four kitkat bars richer. He also gave me 2 bottles of water from the fridge in the lobby. I checked later, there was no water. gRR... but the night shift guy was nice to me my whole stay. I just didn't bother with the day shift person.
The room was perfectly clean, comfortable and had the amenities you would expect from any 'ole inn. I particularly liked the rolling desk they had besides the regular desk with the phone and lamp. I rolled it right next to the bed and worked whilst sitting on a bed. And lying down to rest my brain. Awesome.
The bath had a bent curtain rail, which for me is one of the marks of a hotel/inn that tries. And it certainly doesn't hurt that they are literally about 100 yards from a coffee shop (Biggby) and Trader Joes.
I never had their breakfast so have no idea what it's like.
I rarely use housekeeping when I'm travelling by myself so can't really vouch for that either.

Room Tip: Night shift is nicer.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Detroit Northville? Share your experiences!