“Pleasant, helpful staff. Great beds!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Score Double Points!
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Northville
Columbus, OH
“Pleasant, helpful staff. Great beds!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Chose this hotel by the reputation of Hampton Inns and its proximitry to the event we were going to that weekend. We were not disappointed. We were greeted very warmly at the desk for check-in. Our room was a king, non-smoking. The bed was very comfortable with great linens. Would have liked bigger pillows. It was spacious and well designed. The Wi-fi was free and the desk area was well lit. There was a full length mirror and flat screen TV. The bathroom had a very nice large, step in shower and the sink area had shelves below to store items. Plenty of drawer space and a nice sized closet. Only thing I didn't like was the bedside lights. They were angled outward and were very bright. I was glad that the lights were bright, but would have liked to change the angle. Every staff member from maintenance man in the elevator, housekeeping, breakfast room staff were friendly, helpful and thoughtful. Saw that I had flowers to take out into the frigid weather and got a bag to cover them without being asked. I really appreciated that foresight.

Room Tip: King size gives good room space. Fourth floor was very nice and quiet..
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Myra V, General Manager at Hampton Inn Detroit Northville, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thanks so much for your impressions of your recent stay at the Hampton Inn-Northville. We are glad you had an opportunity to enjoy the quality and hospitality we are known for. Please come and visit us again soon! Safe travels!

113 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Farmington Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I stayed here whilst visiting the area for an interview for the job that I now have. Whoo! I arrived close to midnight, I think. Whatever time it was, it was the night shift that was settled in. When I came out for... toothpaste I think it was, the night shift dude also gave me 4 kitkat bars. :D He said 2 for you, 2 for the other guest. (There was no other guest, just someone from the company who walked me to my door with my bag.) So there I was, four kitkat bars richer. He also gave me 2 bottles of water from the fridge in the lobby. I checked later, there was no water. gRR... but the night shift guy was nice to me my whole stay. I just didn't bother with the day shift person.
The room was perfectly clean, comfortable and had the amenities you would expect from any 'ole inn. I particularly liked the rolling desk they had besides the regular desk with the phone and lamp. I rolled it right next to the bed and worked whilst sitting on a bed. And lying down to rest my brain. Awesome.
The bath had a bent curtain rail, which for me is one of the marks of a hotel/inn that tries. And it certainly doesn't hurt that they are literally about 100 yards from a coffee shop (Biggby) and Trader Joes.
I never had their breakfast so have no idea what it's like.
I rarely use housekeeping when I'm travelling by myself so can't really vouch for that either.

Room Tip: Night shift is nicer.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Personal at the desk very attentive as well as in the cafeteria. Good breakfast and clean and comfortable rooms. They were renovating the first floor but that didn’t bother us at all. I think it is a good value for your money.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Myra V, General Manager at Hampton Inn Detroit Northville, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for your posting your comments regarding your recent stay at the Hampton Inn-Northville. Your comments regarding our service and value reflect our core efforts for providing great service to our guests. We continually strive to make our guest experience great and your comments about your visit with us reflect this. Thank you for your feedback and letting other travelers know about your positive visit with us. Safe travels!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

The reception areas of the hotel were undergoing remodeling when we stayed, so I am sure it looks much nicer now. The rooms are quite small and a bit tired but clean and the bed was very comfortable. The first day I was running late so I asked housekeeping to come back later...but they never did. The hot breakfast was just ok, but maybe would be better if they hadn't had the area all torn up. Very convenient location to shopping, and places to eat. Decent value compared to other hotels in the area. The best thing about it was the staff at the front desk who were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Myra V, General Manager at Hampton Inn Detroit Northville, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Hampton Inn-Northville. We always appreciate feedback from our guests. Renovations are always a dicey time with any hotel because for improvements to be made, we have to disrupt the normal operations for our guests. The good thing is that once they are completed the guests experience a wonderful change. We guarantee that once all of our renovations are fully completed, your next stay with be fantastic! Thank you again for your views and as always...safe travels!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

What impressed me the most is their provision of lots of power outlets for charging your digital gadgets, all conveniently located. This is so thoughtful. With my husband, we have 4 devices that require charging – 2 smartphones and 2 cameras. Very often at other hotels, we need to charge one device at a time, or unplug some of the lamps to get some more outlets. And the devices had to be left on the floor, as the outlets were usually at ground level. Not with this Hampton Inn.

They have multiple outlets on the writing desk, bedside table, TV cabinet and the usual wall outlet. This time, we can have all 4 devices charged at the same time, safely placed on the desk and bedside table, without worrying that we may step on our own devices accidentally or forget to pick up our devices from the floor when we leave.

The room was just impeccably clean, the furniture looked brand new, and the beds were comfortable. Since their lobby was currently undergoing renovation, I thought the rooms were newly renovated too. I was amazed when the staff at the front desk advised that they were renovated in 2008. Nicely maintained!!

The breakfast area at the lobby looked nice. However, since renovation was currently underway, we had our free breakfast in their function rooms. Choice was adequate, with cereals, oatmeal, and scrambled egg with sauce, self-help waffle station, muffins, fruits and yoghurt.

The only improvement that I would like to see is to have a large recycling bin in the breakfast area. To me, it’s too environmentally unfriendly when seeing so many portion-sized cereal boxes mixed with regular trash.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

The boyfriend and I stayed at the Hampton Inn Northville for 3 nights during Thanksgiving weekend 2012. There were signs posted that they were undergoing major renovations, and there were signs of this here and there, but it was nothing that interfered with our stay. Our room was clean and comfortable and the maids did a wonderful job of daily maintenance. The complimentary breakfast was also nice--some type of eggs and meat each morning, along with cold cereals, hot oatmeal, bagels & English muffins, and waffle stations. Food was always plenty, as were the selections. The area the hotel is in is great, as there are many restaurants and stores around. And you're only a few minutes from downtown via I-275 to I-96. This was a great place to stay for 3 nights, but longer stays might be a bit challenging, as the closet space is very small. The staff were all pleasant, helpful, and friendly. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We had a few nights stay at this location and found the staff vey friendly and courteous! They even provided our room with a mini fridge after learning about our story that forced us to be in Michigan longer than we had anticipated.
The rooms were clean and spacious and quiet. We didn't utilize the pool area, but would have if we had the swim gear. The breakfast was also a nice treat during our stay!
We enjoyed out stay and thank the personnel for making it easy and comfortable.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Myra V, General Manager at Hampton Inn Detroit Northville, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you JustATravelGurl for the nice comments regarding your recent stay the Hampton Inn-Detroit/Northville. I am so glad that our team was able to make your stay more enjoyable. Our goal is to make every guest feel like we are their "home away from home". Looking forward to having you as our guest again soon. Safe travels!

Been to Hampton Inn Detroit Northville? Share your experiences!