“Over-Priced; Average Food at Best” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #35 of 70 Restaurants in Northville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Northville, MI
“Over-Priced; Average Food at Best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband and I were given a gift certificate to go to Flemings for our anniversary. We made a reservation and anticipated this dinner because of all the positive hype we'd heard about it. We pulled up and the FIRST THING the valet says to us is "I hope you have a reservation because otherwise you're not getting a table." What a warm greeting! We thought perhaps he was having a bad day, and when we entered the restaurant and went to the front desk we were greeted similarly - not "Welcome to Flemings" but rather "If you don't have a reservation we aren't going to be able to seat you this evening." Humph. Ok, perhaps TWO people are having a bad day. We were shown to our seat and waited.....and waited....and waited. The waiter appeared and finally took our wine order, and we waited.....and waited.....and waited. No apology. We were unable to have our first drink for 20 minutes and it took another 20 minutes to place our order. I do not eat red meat, so I ordered fish; my husband ordered steak. What arrived at our table was mediocre at best - this could be Logans or OUtback or Applebees. I think my fish had been sitting under the heat lamp for a while - it was dried out and greasy. My husband said his steak was ok; nothing special, just ok. The veggies with my fish were very good as was the salad. But that was really about it. We had to ask for our check twice and waited another 20 minutes to pay and get out of there. I waited tables in college and I know it is a difficult and sometimes thankless job, but when we're paying $200 for dinner, I expect courtesy and a good meal. This was neither. We'll never go back.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Northville, Michigan
“Great food, iffy service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

Food is always amazing but you can get a bad server or a great server, good luck. Ask for Gina if you can, she is the best. Otherwise you'll get some "witchy" woman with attitude. They try to impress you by not writing down your order, just remembering it, then they bring it and it's all screwed up and not at all what you ordered. NOT very impressive. For the money I expected much better service.

Visited April 2012
michigan
“memorable 34th”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

we were given one of the best tables in the restaurant. staff was friendly,julianne our server was awesome and food was excellent. our anniversary gift a "to go cake" was an added bonus. it is really a nice restaurant however not everybody can afford their prices.maybe if the the price is a little bit lower, we will go there more often

• Visited October 2011
Herndon, Virginia
“Wonderful steak house”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Took a friend who was retiring here. Had a martini which was perfect, 3 bleu cheese stuffed olives, followed by wedge salad and "small" steak and good cabernet. Perfect food and service by any measure. I've also eaten at Flemings near DC and San Diego, all excellent. Less pretentious than Mortons in my opinion, but similar pricing.

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Canton, Michigan
“Very good meal but very costly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2011

The food was excellent and the service was very good. The atmosphere was elegant. The prices though were quite high. Over $8.00 for a baked potato and $26.00 for 2 chicken breasts. The vegetable was also $7.00 extra. We are talking over $40.00 and have not even had something to drink yet. The bill for two of us was over $100.00. Each of us had one drink. Unless it is a very, very special occasion or somone else is buying, I will not be back.

• Visited February 2011