“why I like it” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Novi MI
“why I like it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

those who didn't see prices -(they were there), why didn't you ask? If the waitstaff wasn't asking how you liked your meat, why didn't you ask? Have been there with family, friends, children and we had great times. Non-meat eater loved the salad/cheese bar. I enjoy the choices of meat. Never felt rushed (even on a busy night) and having the up/down meat indicator kept the service even.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Canton, Michigan
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Went to Gaucho's for the first time. All I can say is it will also be my last.
The service was rushed and impersonal. It was like it was a race to stuff us full of meat and turn us out. The meat was in general over cooked - and not one server asked how we preferred our meat to be cooked. The shrimp were cooked to a point that they were little pieces of rubber. They continually brought out the lesser expensive cuts of meat - but, the pricier ones (leg of lamb, etc.) we actually had to ask for. The salad bar was substandard and bland.
Although the restaurant was aware it was an anniversary dinner there was no recognition - so, I thought that perhaps they would mark the occasion with a dessert and ordered a tiramisu to split with my husband. To my surprise it came out still frozen (obviously it was pre-fab).

At $50 a person, $180 total, I will go down the street to Flemings for a good steak and warm service.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Notts
“Some of the best meat I've ever had.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

A group of us went here after work (it was recommended by a South American colleague) and as a place to eat for a group or family it has great atmosphere.

Service was very attentive without being intrusive and the food (we had different cooked meats served at the table) were excellent.

The only issue I had was my glass smelt "musty"; I had origionally attributed it to the type of beer but it turned out to be a very dirty glass - so that was the last I had to drink.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Detroit, Michigan
“Good food, nifty experience at a good price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Okay, here's the scoop. This place is pricey, but there are ways around that. First, go for lunch. Yes, the menu is smaller, but so is the bill. Secondly, occasionally, they send out coupons for half off the second meal. Third, you go to this place for the experience, as well as the food. So, let me explain the experience.

You will be seated, just like any restaurant. Your server will ask you if you have been there before. If the answer is no, then they will tell you the following. On your table there is a card that has the word YES on one side and on the other side are the words NO THANK YOU. If the card is placed with the YES side up, then people with skewers of beef, pork, chicken or shrimp will come to your table and slice off pieces of meat for you, which you will grab with tongs and place on your plate. There is, also, a salad bar. The salad bar is okay. The best thing we ever had from the salad bar was Butternut Squash soup. It was amazing! Back to the meat, here are my top choices for the meat:

Prime Sirloin

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Leuven, Belgium
“Generally really nice food, not cheap”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

The meat is perfectly marinated, but we got several pieces that were grilled/cooked for too long. Salad bar is nice but not exceptional, and the service is professional but not outstanding. A little more transparency about their pricing would also be nice. For example, they offer a nice after-dinner liquor and then charge $6 per person - many restaurants would give you a complimentary treat... We paid almost $250 for 3 persons, and we didn't even have wine.

Visited August 2012