“fantatic ice cream and good restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 70 restaurants in Northville
Cuisines: American, Dessert, Fast Food, Family Fare
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert
Description: Guernsey Farms Dairy has been family owned and operated since 1940. Our products are made using only the finest ingredients. Guernsey's award winning ice cream.Just outside the restaurant is our carry out ice cream parlor. Here visitors can view the 48 flavors that we serve on cones everyday.
Detroit
“fantatic ice cream and good restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

The ice cream cones bring you in and the chicken will bring you back. Dinners run between $5-$12. The chicken dinner was very good. The store sells dairy products and 1/2 gallons of ice cream. You can get a cone or a sundae to go or sit in the restaurant and relax. Kids have got to climb the rock out front- it's a long time tradition.

Visited August 2012

87% Recommend
Cary, NC
“Love the Chicken (and the ice cream)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

When we visit Michigan in the summer, we always plan at least one dinner at Guernsey's in Northville. The Broasted Chicken is great, very moist and flavorful. The food here is simple and straight-forward, but always of excellent quality. Of course, the main attraction is the ice cream. Forget the single scoop that is included with dinner. It's really worth it to pay extra for a sundae. I love the butterscotch caramel. Service is always friendly.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Detroit, Michigan
“My first taste of Guernsey Ice Cream.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My first ever taste of the Guernsey Pint Ice Cream was bought here. I've never head better chocolate fudge ice cream any where. I now only drink Guernsey ice cream and milk bought at my local grocery store. I did not dine here so I don't know about their service or atmosphere.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“A childhood favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

I have been going here since the 60's. We loved it when Mom & Dad would pile us in the car and head for a Sunday drive, this often meant a visit to Guernsey Farms, the ice cream is heavenly and I still buy my Guernsey Milk in local grocery stores, definitely a family tradition

Visited March 2012
, Public Relations Manager at Guernsey Farms Dairy, responded to this review, July 1, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your memories, Gio! We're so glad Guernsey is still a family tradition.
Detroit, MI
“Awesome ice cream”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Amazing ice cream, but skip the restaurant. The ice cream is definitely worth the visit and well-priced.

Visited July 2011