“Great food in a lodge atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 66 restaurants in Northville
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Northville, Michigan, United States
“Great food in a lodge atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We live in N'ville so we get to the Deadwood several times a year. The atmosphere is cozy with lodge furniture and art (i.e. taxidermy). Service is usually good and the food is always great - even though I cannot get paste the Wild Thang appetizer. I get one as my meal every time for its sampling of roadkill. Kidding, it include buffalo balls. They make a wicked bloody mary that's on special Sunday mornings. (Wicked, get it?) Get a fresh bone for your dog when they're available. This restaurant is one of a "chain" of five that include: Camp Ticonderoga in Troy, The Moose Preserve Bar & Grill in Bloomfield Hills, Beaver Creek Tackle & Beer in Westland and The Iroquois Club Fine Banquets & Catering in Bloomfield Hills. I've been to two now and besides the zip codes, they were indistinguishable - and that's no problem!

• Visited December 2012

90% Recommend
Palo Alto, CA
“Wonderful place for relaxing Sunday lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We were visiting friends in Michigan and our Waterford friend brought us here. It was very inviting. In appearance it reminds me of restaurants in Alaska. Our waitress was on the ball! When our friend told her he was lactose intolerance, she was proactive in making sure his food was OK for him. We had the duck tenders appetizer which everyone devoured! The guys enjoyed their venison chili and I loved my chicken and dumplings soup. (Just wish I had ordered the crock instead of the cup!) The burgers were great - we got beef but could have had buffalo I think it was. My husband got a salad. There is an assortment of game on the menu but plenty of other choices too. Our friend told us he had ordered the "Wild Thing" appetizer on a previous visit and loved it. Check it out for a mellow, different experience!

• Visited January 2013
West Bloomfield, Michigan
“Cosy, comforting dinner on a cold night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed our casual dinner here. The rustic charm and blazing fireplace made for a very cosy ambiance on a cold night. Our food was delicious and served hot and the bar served an excellent drink. The service was friendly and prompt.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Elgin, Illinois
“Good satin..casual atmosphere expect a wait on fridays and weekends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

The wife had a taste for a good burger and I was starving for some back woods atmosphere. This place hit the spot. Food was great. She did the burger experience while I did the Roadkill platter which was pretty good. The quail and sauce was excellent. All in al not bad at all and while people would call it $$$ I'd say more $$ Drinks were a little pricey but quality mix and content. A small chain of 4 worthy of your visit.Much better than any of the larger chains.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Detroit, Michigan
“Comfortable Family Dining or Afterwork Gathering Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The Deadwood has a warm and inviting hunting lodge feel when you walk in with antler chandeliers, mounted deer and moose heads and copious wood paneling. The food is excellent quality with generous portions including a good variety of wild game. Try the "Wild Thing" appetizer. The bar side of the establishment has two pool tables that are free to patrons. Also, try the outdoor patio area in spring summer and fall. You can't go wrong at the Deadwood.

• Visited July 2012