“Delicious” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Detroit, Michigan
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Not your typical Lebanese cuisine it has a French twist absolutely delicious I had the chicken artichoke and it was amazing. The owner is super nice I'd come here again if I was in the area

Tecumseh, Canada
“Great Little Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

My wife and I stopped in Northville to do some shopping and have lunch and came across Le George, a quaint little mediterranean restaurant with an outdoor patio. We sampled some appetizers and salads along with a nicely priced rose. The food and service was exceptional and we will definitelybe back.

• Visited July 2012
novi, michigan
“Good place to eat but not the best middle eastern food that I have had.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Took my mother there for a quiet lunch and sat on the outside patio. Service was very good and the experience was pleasant. Food was good but still cannot substitute for your favorite place (which generally is in Dearborn). I don't think Le George is trying to compete with the typical Dearborn style places anyway. I personally would go back definitely. My mother really enjoyed the meal. The chef/owner? came out and personally spoke to us about a dish we asked for and said that it would be available the next time we went (Fool Moudamas). My mother will return in September and we will probably try it out again. Wine selection was very good also.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
SE Michigan
“A great find for French/Middle Eastern fusion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

This is our favorite place for a meal that is "special" without being overly expensive. We really like the intimate but friendly feeling in this fairly small restaurant, and George (I believe he is the owner) is generally there to say hello and make sure we have everything we need.

The food is top-notch, with a menu that features many middle-eastern specialties (tabbouleh, hummus, fattoush, kibbe, etc.) but also features classic French preparations and techniques. Our favorite is the raw kibbe (yes, it is made with raw meat, but if you can get over any reservations I can highly recommend it), and their braised lamb shank (or was it veal? I can't remember) is outstanding. They are also kid-friendly, with a small kid's menu (but don't expect mac and cheese, hot dogs or chicken nuggets).

The thing that really makes Le George stand out from the crowd is the quality and attention to detail of their food. This is food prepared by a chef, not a cook.

They have outdoor seating during good weather, and Main Street is quiet enough that you don't have to worry about traffic spoiling your meal.

Overall I would have to say they have the best food in the Northville area, and can be a good value if you stick with the less expensive things on the menu or a great "splurge" if you go for the more expensive items.