“If you have a coupon or discount, be prepared to feel like a criminal” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tirama Su

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Detroit, Michigan
“If you have a coupon or discount, be prepared to feel like a criminal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I have been to this restaurant many times. The food has ALWAYS been great! Everything is made from scratch. Their soups, sauces, dressings....it's all great. Their menu has lots of options with reliably large portions. Given that all dinners include salad, bread and pasta (if it's a meat, poultry or fish dish) their prices are very fair.

It's their customer service that keeps this place from obtaining and excellent rating in my book. It's inconsistent. Some servers are very good, and don't seem to last while their most seasoned staff tend to have a nasty uninviting attitude.

Several years ago I lived in the apartment building directly above where this restaurant is located. As a gift from someone I knew, they gave me many restaurant.com certificates (which never expire) to use at this restaurant. The one time I tried to use a certificate directly from my phone they refused to honor it, despite the website stating they would. Other times they accepted it but the process of verifying it made me feel as if I was attempting to pass a counterfit bill. This is all for a $10 off deal!

If you hit it right and get an excellent server, your experience will be terrific. With so many other restaurants in the area and the limited time we all have, I would say that you will probaby do better going elsewhere. No matter how good their food is, being treated poorly ruins your entire meal.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Northville, Michigan
“Tirama Su in Northville, MI..Outstanding Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Dinner Aug 4, 2012, my wife & myself. Extensive menu & wine list. Excellent service. Great presentation and not skimpy on servings...a lot of food per serving. Downtown Northville, MI & easy parking. Recommend Tirama Su.

Visited August 2012
“Glad to find Tirama Su”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

We were so glad to find this lovely Italian restaurant in Northville. Not only was the food amazing and home made Italian, our server, Nancy, was wonderful and attentive. This was the best food and service we had during our Michigan visit. We started with the mushroom appetizer, stuffed with crab. Fabulous! Our ceasar salads were delicious, very large and full of goodness. For the main course, I ordered "Nancy's favorite dish" the Chicken Cremosa which was absolutely divine. It was lightly breaded served with the most wonderful cream and lemon sauce with homemade pasta on the side. Wow!!! My husband had the Penne Marimonte which had marina sauce with sausage and peppers. He loved it. If you want real Italian cooking and excellent service, this is the place for you!!! We cannot wait to come back!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston
“Poor First Impression - But great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

After reading reviews on tripadvisor, we decided to try Tirama Su restaurant. Our initial impression when greeted by the rude hostess - was to turn around and leave. She was cold and unfriendly. However, we are very glad we stayed! The food was excellent and so was our waiter (Tony). Once you get past the hostess, we highly recommend eating at this restaurant!

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Windsor, Canada
“Delicious Delicious Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

My wife and I were visiting Northville and happened on Tira Misu by accident. The atmosphere is charming and inviting with many black and white pictures of Sicily on the walls, white table cloths and intimate seating.

The menu is extensive but my Sicilian wife and I picked the Osso Bucco and the lobster ravioli as our main courses.

For starters, the fresh from the oven cheese bread was delectable and came with a garlic olive oil dip. We ordered the crab stuffed mushrooms as the appetizer. It was loaded with delicious chilled crab and covered in a mildly spicy blush sauce. The Caesar's salad was crisp, fresh and loaded with shaved parmeggiano, the good stuff! My wife ordered the clam chowder, yummy as well. I have to admit, I was pretty full by the time we were finished the appetizer and salad. Then came the incredibly delicious main courses. The lobster ravioli was done to perfection with chunks of lobster in the sauce. The Osso Bucco was oh so delicious.

We were so impressed we spoke with the owner, Frank, who was warm and genuine. You could see he takes pride in his restaurant and his food, proudly telling us that everything was made from scratch. So good yet not priced to intimidate: all that food, three glasses of wine and tip, $90 for two! I almost forgot to mention the tiramisu! Done sublimely with mascarpone cheese, he keeps to the traditional recipe resulting in a light and flavorful finish to our visit.

We will return often!!!