“Excellent Brewery, Try The Blueberry Ale!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
West Michigan
“Excellent Brewery, Try The Blueberry Ale!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

From the address, I believe the name of the restaurant is Camp 33, at the upper State Park in Taq Falls? This review is for there. The place is nicely decorated in a cabin feel and very clean. (Beware of the cute stuffed animals everywhere for sale, even our teen daughter wanted them! The small ones were $7.99.) The staff was VERY friendly the three times we went. The brewery specialty beers are not to be missed! They have a list of the four beers on the wall in big signs as you walk in. You can ask for a sample too. We loved the blueberry ale, it was fantastic!! My husband also tried the black bear stout, similar to Guiness. He really liked it. You get a big glass for $4.25.

We ate dinner once and the food was just ok, husband had burger, grilled cheese was good. Fries were good, but didn't like the greasy onion rings. Bill was about $40 for three of us.

The next couple of times we went we had beer and appetizers. Deep fried pickle spears are REALLY good and were $4.99 for 6 spears. If you want beer to take with you they have 1/2 gallon bottles of their specialty beer for I think $16 the first one and $13. for refills. We will definitely be back next year!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Detroit, Michigan
“Odd place for a brewery.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

They produce 4 or 5 different types of beer and it is available only on tap. I was looking forward to a microbrewery beer. The stout I ordered tasted watered down. Odd for a dark beer. Disappointing.

Visited August 2012
Atlanta
“nice atmosphere, average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

You can't beat the location, right next to the parking lot to the Upper Falls. It has a hunting lodge motif. When we went in mid afternoon, it was busy, and the service was really slow. Food was OK (I had a gyro and wife had a pasty).

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Midland, Michigan
“Don't Pass This Place Up!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stop and eat here every time we visit the falls. Wonderful food and service. A real gem up north for a dining experience

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Haslett, Michigan
“I really dislike writing bad reviews but..”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

My Mom, Dad, Husband and I went to Tahquamenon Falls Brewery & Pub Sunday August 19th. I was looking forward to eating lunch here, because it is difficult to find anything but bar food, and pasties this far north. I ordered a Chicken salad, it was supposed to be grilled chicken on mixed greens. And what they meant by mixed greens was.. a thin layer of spring greens on top of iceberg lettuce.The dressing was an overly vinegary mixture of vinegar & oil with toasted sesame seeds, really just lack luster. My husband got a grilled sausage sandwich, which was just a sausage cut it half and stuck on a bun.My dad, who was sick of burgers and bar food, got a stacked ham and cheese sandwich. It was pitiful. Shaved deli ham still rolled up like it was out of the package in the middle of a bun with a slice of cheese melted on top. No condiments, no veggies, no pickles, nothing. I ended up giving him some of my iceberg. My mom was the only person satisfied with her dinner, she ordered a burger, and in the words of my father it's hard to mess up a burger.. you pretty much have to [--] in it. Anyway.. long wait, bad food, not great prices. Will not be going back!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere